Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I like that Sam and Samson are getting a decent storyline but has everyone just forgot that Joe nearly had Samson and Noah killed by knocking down the Dingle house and also took Liv's good solicitor away :rolleyes::mad:

Apparently so. The whole thing reeks of them either not having planned on actually keeping the character around or doing a 180 on what they actually wanted him to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Why was Graham even more huffy than usual ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Why was Graham even more huffy than usual ?

Joe mentioned something about 'tomorrow'......so it must be Grahams wife and child's anniversary

I believe Graham is getting his very own flashback episode which seems entirely unnecessary but yeah, that's happening this week, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,553 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Megan back in her Coronation Street days as Judy Mallett!
    38014700_2107940536090732_487256764056600576_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=afd27f5942245718c72b12c31c9a0e2b&oe=5C0FE708

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Megan back in her Coronation Street days as Judy Mallett!
    38014700_2107940536090732_487256764056600576_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=afd27f5942245718c72b12c31c9a0e2b&oe=5C0FE708

Who can forget her dramatic collapse at the clothes line while Gar-reh was at the wedding? Ashley and Maxine's wedding I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,504 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I believe Graham is getting his very own flashback episode which seems entirely unnecessary but yeah, that's happening this week, I think.

So Graham decides to go back on the sauce the 7th year his wife and unborn child died because of him :rolleyes: I was not a fan of that flashback episode, I feel Graham was a good interesting intriguing character but now anymore thanks to be paired with Megan plus phoning his lover while his pregnant wife was burnt

Did we actually learn anything new about Graham's past there that actually warranted a flashback episode?

Apparently in an attempt to win Frank back
    Megan buys him a vintage car and when they go for a spin in it they crash and are both left "fighting for their lives!" I don't care about either of them but hopefully it'll give Tracy more screen time that's not about David and Vanessa something to do away from supporting Charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

I've being watching Emmerdale a good bit over the last few years. However one character that people seem to love on the net is Aaron. For some reason I can't warm to him at all. Is he loved here?

I am gobsmacked at the fascination with him! Mentioned once among a group of pals that if I saw Aaron cry once more, I would scream. The reaction from all of them was: 'Oh no! We all love Aaron here!!' :eek::eek:

• Administrators Posts: 14,033 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Ok, someone give me a quick synopsis. I watch occasionally. Know the main characters. Know the general gist of what's going on, but what the heck is going on with them two, Graham and the other fella. They seem to have come in to it a while ago with a bid to destroy the whole village, well the other fella did with the mysterious "butler" minding him. Now there's all this stuff going on. Is it supposed to be vague to keep us interested? I'm just really disinterested in the pair of them to be honest and find their scenes like watching paint dry.

• Advertisement

Ok, someone give me a quick synopsis. I watch occasionally. Know the main characters. Know the general gist of what's going on, but what the heck is going on with them two, Graham and the other fella. They seem to have come in to it a while ago with a bid to destroy the whole village, well the other fella did with the mysterious "butler" minding him. Now there's all this stuff going on. Is it supposed to be vague to keep us interested? I'm just really disinterested in the pair of them to be honest and find their scenes like watching paint dry.

Joe is a Tate, son of Chris Tate. He was in it ages ago. Was in a wheelchair, bit of a twat, ended up married to Charity until she got off with his sister, Zoe. He killed himself after finding out he has a brian tumour and tried to frame Charity for it. Zoe took Joe to New Zealand, I think?
    Fast forward to last year and Debbie gets a mysterious new client for her car hire company and her and the rich client start a secret relationship. Long story short, it's Joe pretending to be someone else and he's out to destroy Charity and her entire family and he basically causes a bit of hassle for them before they discover who he really is.
    Graham is his assistant type dude now but he was originally a bit of a drunkard working as a caretaker at Joe's boarding school and one night when Graham tried to kill himself, by setting his shed on fire, young Joe saved him and they became sort of friends, because Joe was bullied and lonely. Then, for some reason, Joe's aunt Zoe made Graham his guardian and now they have a weird sort of father son relationship.

Graham was in the army and ended up married to some woman he didn't love and when she was pregnant he got so drunk he crashed the car and killed the wife and the baby. That's his big sad secret and the anniversary is what set him off yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Joe is a Tate, son of Chris Tate. He was in it ages ago. Was in a wheelchair, bit of a twat, ended up married to Charity until she got off with his sister, Zoe. He killed himself after finding out he has a brian tumour and tried to frame Charity for it. Zoe took Joe to New Zealand, I think?
    Fast forward to last year and Debbie gets a mysterious new client for her car hire company and her and the rich client start a secret relationship. Long story short, it's Joe pretending to be someone else and he's out to destroy Charity and her entire family and he basically causes a bit of hassle for them before they discover who he really is.
    Graham is his assistant type dude now but he was originally a bit of a drunkard working as a caretaker at Joe's boarding school and one night when Graham tried to kill himself, by setting his shed on fire, young Joe saved him and they became sort of friends, because Joe was bullied and lonely. Then, for some reason, Joe's aunt Zoe made Graham his guardian and now they have a weird sort of father son relationship.

Graham was in the army and ended up married to some woman he didn't love and when she was pregnant he got so drunk he crashed the car and killed the wife and the baby. That's his big sad secret and the anniversary is what set him off yesterday.
    That absolutely makes no sense...but them Emmerdale doesn't in general.

Watched it tonight for the first time in ages.

First 2 lines of that make no sense!!!
    Ok, at least now I sort of know what's what.
    Although I'm still not all that interested in them!

What doesn't make sense?

Joe's dad was Chris Tate. Bit of history about Chris Tate and his time on the show to set the scene for why Joe came back to destroy Charity and her family.

In terms of the actual storyline playing out it didn't make a lot of sense, I'll admit. Even Joe's revenge was rubbish, he mildly inconvenienced the Dingles for a few weeks, if even.

I thought the "he" you were talking about was Joe!
    I wondered how did "he" kill himself, and then move to New Zealand, and when he came back nobody knew him!!

Makes slightly more sense now.
    Still very paint drying scenes, though!

I thought the "he" you were talking about was Joe!
    I wondered how did "he" kill himself, and then move to New Zealand, and when he came back nobody knew him!!

Makes slightly more sense now.
    Still very paint drying scenes, though!

Reading back it is a bit unclear, apologies.

The Joe character has shown a bit of spark the very odd time he's been allowed to interact with someone other than Debbie or Graham but that's all too rare. Graham seemed vaguely interesting for about 5 minutes but once they revealed his secret was just that he's a sad sack he's been a bore.
    They're still trying to push him and Megan too as some steamy love affair but it's like watching two bits of soggy cardboard just leaning on each other.

Yeah, I saw that the other night. Totally unbelievable as a steamy affair!!

I am surprised Joe didn't blame Ross or one of the Dingles for his attack :rolleyes:

Will Graham's lover show up, is she or he someone viewers might know, Kim Tate?

Will Graham's lover show up, is she or he someone viewers might know, Kim Tate?

There were rumours about Kim Tate coming back for a while. People are speculating Zoe aswell, which might make sense given she left Graham looking after Joe..... but the fact she's a lesbian wouldn't fit with her being Graham's lover. The actress who played Zoe is terminally ill too so I'd assume it would have to be a recast if they were bringing her back.

Ross now a cokehead, did he sell the cars to some of Connor and Simon's drug mates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,553 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I like when Ross is all cheeky/confident again. It sort of makes coke appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

So Rhona was married to Paddy, married to Pierce and how she is with Pete... interesting pattern...

Why does every non-Dingle centred storyline for Sam seem to involve illness and death and crying ?

Emmerdale loves it’s stolen cars and guns storylines lol

Was that Debbie finding out Joe got his face battered by Graham? It certainly seemed that way and it also seemed like she wasn't the least bit concerned about him. She was just like "state of your face!"

Was that Debbie finding out Joe got his face battered by Graham? It certainly seemed that way and it also seemed like she wasn't the least bit concerned about him. She was just like "state of your face!"

Debbie too seemed more concerned for Graham just like Megan, maybe Joe can find comfort from his new Graham, Priya :P

Is Bob expecting to just leave his twins with Laurel while he goes off on the road selling tights

Is Bob expecting to just leave his twins with Laurel while he goes off on the road selling tights

Do we really care? I genuinely can't pay attention to any of that storyline at all. It's high time there was another plane crash to wipe out half the village.

There was quite a few missing from the Dingle shindig

There was quite a few missing from the Dingle shindig

Second "Dingle Do" in a week that has had half the family missing. Ridiculous from the writers. Fair enough Robert and Aaron's engagement party wasn't just Dingles but half of them were missing from it and then this ridiculous thing for Paddy and Chas. Liv was bang on with her scorn for the Dingle way.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

Bob Hope is such a loser. Laurel needs to get rid of him.

• Advertisement

Bob Hope is such a loser. Laurel needs to get rid of him.

They ruined Laurel when they got together

Advertisement