Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I'd love it if the powers that be just admitted they'd misjudged this entirely and split them up. Laurel was lonely and grieving when she started sleeping with Bob, they could use that as a way out for her now. It really was stupid the way they went from 0 to 100 with them, Bob and the kids moving in with Laurel immediately and all that. It could make Laurel look like a right cow for breaking up a family and then calling it quits but a bit of good writing could have us all blaming Bob instead and everyone could move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,079 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

They ruined Laurel when they got together

Yea, simply lack of options, serious need for some characters of her age. There is no one to pair her with, no one.
    Victoria would have been a crazier story line to get with her. Serious lack of males in Emmerdale, you take away Aaron and Robert, Zac ,Eric and Rodney and you have nothing left for the 16 plus women in Emmerdale

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Yea, simply lack of options, serious need for some characters of her age. There is no one to pair her with, no one.
    Victoria would have been a crazier story line to get with her. Serious lack of males in Emmerdale, you take away Aaron and Robert, Zac ,Eric and Rodney and you have nothing left for the 16 plus women in Emmerdale
    Jai? He'd be around Laurels age right?

pjohnson wrote: »
    Jai? He'd be around Laurels age right?

Or, crazy idea, let her be single for a while? There's loads of things they could have done with her without having to pair her up with someone, romantically speaking. Give her a bloody job in the pub or something and get her interacting with the entire village. Then they could insert her into any number of other storylines.
    Look at Graham getting bladdered in the pub last week. That would have been a perfect storyline for her, given she's a recovering alcoholic herself. Would have been nice for Graham to make a friend too.

Fcuk off Amelia. Ruining a good laptop so she can chase her abductor/lover

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

How can a baby’s heart be donated to a teenage girl? That wouldn’t work, doesnt make any sense...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

fin12 wrote: »
    How can a baby’s heart be donated to a teenage girl? That wouldn’t work, doesnt make any sense...

I think Chas and Paddy have agreed to donating Grace's organs so that other babies/toddlers can benefit from organ donation, I don't think they expect the heart will go to a Sarah.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I thought the children were going to find a body or bodies when they were in the woods.

deisemum wrote: »
    I think Chas and Paddy have agreed to donating Grace's organs so that other babies/toddlers can benefit from organ donation, I don't think they expect the heart will go to a Sarah.

Yeah, I have seen people speculating that the baby's heart would go to Sarah but as you say that's not what Paddy and Chas were saying. It's also not medically possible nor can you actually choose where donated organs go, not in these kinds of cases anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,917 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

deisemum wrote: »
    I thought the children were going to find a body or bodies when they were in the woods.

I thought they were going to find Rebekah tbh .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,504 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Ashley would be a help to Chas and Paddy, he is missed, Harriet still wants to be a copper more than a vicar and will she take in stray loner Beth who is Amelia in love with, she is very attached

I think Jai and his daddy's lady friend make a better couple and could happen in the future

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think Ashley would be a help to Chas and Paddy, he is missed, Harriet still wants to be a copper more than a vicar and will she take in stray loner Beth who is Amelia in love with, she is very attached

Yeah, I think Harriet is very poorly used. She was involved in Charity's abuse case for a bit but then just disappeared from it. I don't know that any of the characters are actually terribly religious but there are quite a few of them that could do with a friendly ear at the moment. Debbie, Chas and Paddy, even Graham could have used her help lately. Loads of potential to use her for good storylines but they seem to just slot her in willy nilly at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

I think Jai and his daddy's lady friend make a better couple and could happen in the future

I thought that too. She has a 'francesca annis' look about her. She'd suit jai better than rishi. Can't stand him...he's a bumbling idiot and has annoying facial expressions. Always grimacing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

I thought that too. She has a 'francesca annis' look about her. She'd suit jai better than rishi. Can't stand him...he's a bumbling idiot and has annoying facial expressions. Always grimacing.

I was actually thinking about this last night . Was he not "normal" when he first came into Emmerdale ?

I didn't think he was that annoying and silly

SAMTALK wrote: »
    I was actually thinking about this last night . Was he not "normal" when he first came into Emmerdale ?

I didn't think he was that annoying and silly

I was watching some old clips of when Jai was married to Charity and the few Rishi were in he seemed like a completely different character from the one he is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,079 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

This Locky story is dragging on a long time now. She escaped just tot get caught, just a pointless filler of an episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

This Locky story is dragging on a long time now. She escaped just tot get caught, just a pointless filler of an episode.
    Getting silly now

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Oh No!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

That episode was ridiculous. I'd have done a lot more than knock lochlann out with a saucepan!!

It is ridiculous now. It makes no sense that Lachlan suddenly has a conscience when it comes to Rebecca too. I don't remember him ever actually liking her that much so why hasn't he just killed her already?
    Not that I want her to die but it seems inevitable now. That has to be why they've tried so hard to make Lachlan a Dingle, so there is someone left to actually give a sh*t when the truth comes out.

• Advertisement

Getting silly now

WTF was with Misty howling :confused:

Does Matty care much about brother Adam that he is pushing Vic to jump on David or anyone, can they just be friends, why already a relationship :rolleyes:

WTF was with Misty howling :confused:

Does Matty care much about brother Adam that he is pushing Vic to jump on David or anyone, can they just be friends, why already a relationship :rolleyes:

Yeah, seems way too soon for a relationship between them. Unless they were to have some twist where Matty reminds Victoria so much of Adam and that's what she's feeling rather than actual attraction to Matty?
    I saw some people rooting for them to get together before they had even been on screen together!

Is Sarah getting Dom's heart?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

They should have let Rebecca escape and have her run back to the village babbling. Only Liv and Robert would have believed her.

Is Sarah getting Dom's heart?

It looks like they are planning it that way. All his organs are damaged but no mention of his heart. It's a sad idea that most children waiting for transplant could meet each other is hospital. That's a hard one for parents and recipient to take.

I actually thought Misty's howling gave some much needed comic relief. And Nicola's face. Priceless!

I so wanted those kids to find Rebecca!

She's dead isn't she ?:(

Hopefully its her not Monty :(

Oh Monty is chasing Squirrels all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Alice1

Is Rebecca dead? What's with the suitcase?

• Advertisement

She got out in the last episode but he caught her again and we were lead to believe he suffocated her.

Advertisement