Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Washing Machine Problems

• 21-10-2016 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Having trouble with my washing machine, hoping to get some advice. The drum went turning seems to be hitting off something underneath it on every turn, causing an absolute racket on high spin. It's like the drum is moved out of place or something.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Orchids

I had this problem last week, was the bearings, too expensive to fix & machine was 10 years old, ended up getting a new one, power city have some good discounts at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

if it has happened suddenly its likely that one of the arms of the drum spyder has snapped, rotate the drum by hand and if it looks as if it is wobbly that's the problem especially if liquid detergent has been used, otherwise check the concrete counterweights to see if one has come loose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,498 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

My washing machine is in the shed out back and I heard it make a right old racket a few weeks ago, it sounded like it was spinning itself to destruction but the problem was caused by a small pebble which had been kicked under the front of the machine, got lodged there and caused an almighty rattle when the machine did the final spin. Worth taking a look underneath.

Advertisement