Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where find details of site?

Options
  • 21-10-2016 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Is their somewhere online that will show you the measurements of someones site?

The boundarys I'm after in particular.

The brother has an odd shaped site and the farmer next to him is after moving his fencing wayyy in so he needs to find out exactly whats what, doesn't want it becoming a thing down the road.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Foresty wrote: »
    Is their somewhere online that will show you the measurements of someones site?

The boundarys I'm after in particular.

The brother has an odd shaped site and the farmer next to him is after moving his fencing wayyy in so he needs to find out exactly whats what, doesn't want it becoming a thing down the road.

Check out www.landdirect.ie
    But in reality he may need to view his land registry map to determine what he actually owns.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Foresty

kceire wrote: »
    Check out www.landdirect.ie
    But in reality he may need to view his land registry map to determine what he actually owns.

Hi kceire,

That landdirect site has the brothers house outline on it but when you click it, it lumps it in with the farmers field. It doesn't give a folio number or anything like it does with all the other houses on the road, why would that be?

Do you have to buy a land registry map from this http://www.prai.ie/ site??

It's not very user friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

When a title is accepted for registration in the Land Registry the original title documents are retained and permanently filed. A folio is opened in respect of the property and generally it is not necessary to refer to the original title documents again. A certified copy of this folio can be obtained with or without a copy of the map outlining the property.

You can ask for a copy of the folio with copy of the map of the land boundarys , from prai.ie

http://www.prai.ie/faqs-2/

I got a folio in 2008 ,i think it cost me 10 euro approx.
    eg i got it in person from the office in dublin.
    Not all deeds of all houses, have a map.
    some just have a detailed written description of the boundarys
    eg 7 grove road etc My folio did not have a map
    as its enclosed on 3 sides by walls of neighbours propertys .

Advertisement