Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ear piercing for children

• 21-10-2016 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi
    Just wondering where in Ennis is de best place to get my daughters ear pierced. She s 6 and really wants to get it done, but I'm more nervous than she is😁

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,325 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I'd say any place that will refuse to do them till she has at least another six years under her belt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

lulu34 wrote: »
    Hi
    Just wondering where in Ennis is de best place to get my daughters ear pierced. She s 6 and really wants to get it done, but I'm more nervous than she is😁

When I was six I wanted to try jumping off the roof of my house, luckily my parents knew how to say NO and mean it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

I got my ears pierced when I was 4, my mother was against it but I insisted with the tantrums only a 4yo can throw :) - and I'm still alive. There is nothing wrong getting your ears pierced at a young age.

At my time it was a jeweller who did it with special punch pliers. You'll get non-allergic studs (surgical steel, I think) in your newly pierced earlobes until the wound heals. You have to watch your daughter that she doesn't fiddle with it and keep it sanitized all the time to avoid inflammation.
    Proper earrings have to wait and then avoid any cheap metal which can cause allergies (nickel for example). Best is gold as first time earrings. Sterling silver is fine later but never buy those cheap "sterling silver" from chinese suppliers (from ebay for example) because it contains nickel and often lead.

It might be useful to ask a jeweller. Maybe they still do it or at least know where to do it. The jeweller in the Tesco shopping centre is very helpful imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭babygirlz

I got my 7 year old ears pierced in Hollys, it was fine but they don't do both ears at the same time so she got a shock after the first piercing and had to do it all again.
    In saying that ,I was very happy with it and it only cost 23. That's where I got mine done when I was her age.
    Claire's do both ears at the same time but it's mad money at in around 40.

Advertisement