Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card difficulty.

Options
  • 21-10-2016 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I got a student credit card last February. I went on a j1 during the summer and when I got back I found my bill hadn't been taken from my account like I assumed it would have been. Over the summer letters from the bank started accumulating at my home but obviously I couldn't open them(as I was away). When I got back the bank had said my card would be cancelled and I had to pay the bil (of course). The problem was, I had no money to. I haven't found a job since I got back but started paying my bill slowly but I think the bank want the full amount (€500) up front. The last letter I got to my parents house said that if I didn't pay it I could face legal troubles and I only got the letter recently as I live at a friends for college. What is my best course of action here? I'm trying to pay the bill off at about €100 every 3 weeks or so but I don't know if that'll be enough?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Morning, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

We are sorry to hear of your recent situation. For the best advice we would suggest that you contact your local Bank of Ireland branch to make an appointment with a Qualified Financial Adviser who will be more than happy to sit down with you and discuss a plan to help you through this time. You can book an appointment here on our website

For more information, please see here on our website. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement