Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal county council - clerical officer vacancy

• 22-10-2016 3:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi everyone was wondering if anyone applied for the clerical officer in County council... haven't heard anything back thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

damienf1 wrote: »
    Hi everyone was wondering if anyone applied for the clerical officer in County council... haven't heard anything back thanks

Was that the job that was advertised a few months ago? If so then I heard nothing either. Disgraceful from them that they couldn't even send an acknowledgement of the application to be honest. Not hard to stick all addresses in one blast email.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭venusdoom

Hiya, I've heard nothing back from the Co. Council. Have you's been applying to many clerical jobs in the county? I have and have had no luck. I'm really disheartened with it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I've amended the thread title just for clarity :)

venusdoom wrote: »
    Hiya, I've heard nothing back from the Co. Council. Have you's been applying to many clerical jobs in the county? I have and have had no luck. I'm really disheartened with it all.

Call me cynical, but you probably need to know someone already in the council to be in with a chance. It's the lack of response from them that's the worst part of all.

And I don't know anybody! :( I know, that's the thing, the lack of response. There definately should have been some movement by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

I got an acknowledge of receipt email.... We may not hear anything until Spring- they always take their time- my other half applied for general operative and I think he waited 8-9 months, if not more, to be told that he wasn't successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭davydoc

Yeah, when I applied I got a receipt to say they got my application form - but they usually take their time going through these things....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭derossi

Interviews commencing in the next few weeks. They are interviewing over a thousand but there will be a number of panels.

derossi wrote: »
    Interviews commencing in the next few weeks. They are interviewing over a thousand but there will be a number of panels.

Did someone get in touch with you regarding your application?
    Wow over a thousand is a LOT!! How will a number of panels work?

Did anyone get any word yet? I've heard from someone working for coco there's very little positions to be filled and temps already in the co council will be given preference. Don't know how true that is.. Still waiting myself to hear something from them.

• Advertisement

venusdoom wrote: »
    Did anyone get any word yet? I've heard from someone working for coco there's very little positions to be filled and temps already in the co council will be given preference. Don't know how true that is.. Still waiting myself to hear something from them.

Not a peep or even a thank you for the application. You'd think with the nonsense of 3 or 4 application forms being sent in, they could muster together a burst email saying thank you and it had been received. Joke.

Not a peep or even a thank you for the application. You'd think with the nonsense of 3 or 4 application forms being sent in, they could muster together a burst email saying thank you and it had been received. Joke.

I just checked my emails to be sure but I did receive an email from 'Vacancies' acknowledging they received my application via email. I emailed and also posted 3 copies as they requested. That was mid August. Nothing since.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ccro

Hey everyone,

I just got a letter today from Donegal CoCo to say I have an interview in December,a preliminary interview.
    So the prep begins!

ccro wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

I just got a letter today from Donegal CoCo to say I have an interview in December,a preliminary interview.
    So the prep begins!

Oh good to see that someone heard something from the council! Good luck! :DNo doubt rest of us will checking our post now!ha

Oh good to see that someone heard something from the council! Good luck! :DNo doubt rest of us will checking our post now!ha

Hopefully you and others will hear shortly too.
    I'm assuming the preliminary interview is competency based and the second interview would be based on specific questions about what the council does, departments, what the money is spent on etc
    Would that be right? I'm panicking now!!! :(

Hopefully you and others will hear shortly too.
    I'm assuming the preliminary interview is competency based and the second interview would be based on specific questions about what the council does, departments, what the money is spent on etc
    Would that be right? I'm panicking now!!! :(

Thanks for letting us know there's some progress being made. I haven't got a letter as yet anyway. I would assume same as you about the interviews. First one would be more general. Best of luck! Where are the interviews taking place?

Thanks very much.
    My interview is in Carndonagh County Council Office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

My friend got a respond today too. Interview is in Letterkenny. 20 mins for the interview, 2 people on a panel

I got a letter yesterday as well! My interview is in LK public services centre on 14th Dec! The list of competencies is in the information booklet which is available on here
    http://www.donegalcoco.ie/media/donegalcountyc/humanresources/Microsoft%20Word%20-%20Information%20Booklet.pdf

Just in case you didn't see it yet! :)

I got one this morning. Haven't seen it yet but will look at that booklet you posted now. Thanks :)

• Advertisement

Anyone been in this week for their interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ashydol

I was in yesterday, was really disappointed with the pair that interviewed me. Neither had even looked at my CV, and cut me off mid answer a few times.

ashydol wrote: »
    I was in yesterday, was really disappointed with the pair that interviewed me. Neither had even looked at my CV, and cut me off mid answer a few times.

Whatever type of stuff was being asked? Was it just a paper exercise for them do you think? I'm in tomorrow, wouldn't mind knowing if it's worth busting my hole to impress them or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ashydol

Whatever type of stuff was being asked? Was it just a paper exercise for them do you think? I'm in tomorrow, wouldn't mind knowing if it's worth busting my hole to impress them or not.

They really focused on experience and wanting examples of situations that you used your initiative, team work, individual work ability. Difficulties in working as a team. They don't want you to be too confident but not too shy either.

I was asked what the budget for 2017 was for dcc and how many Councillors were in it.
    Also know what services dcc provide, roads, housing etc.
    Hope it goes better for you. Where are you being interviewed? I was Donegal Town.

I felt the very same as above poster. Wasn't given any typical interview questions or great questions where I could show my strengths. Not even a "tell me about yourself". Was basic but there was questions on team work and customer service. I came out thinking I didn't do great or highlight my suitability for the job :(

Anyone else get their interview done yet? I have mine after lunch today!

Anyone else get their interview done yet? I have mine after lunch today!

Ho,

I have my interview before lunch today! Nerves are starting to kick in now!

Ho,

I have my interview before lunch today! Nerves are starting to kick in now!

Good luck! Where is your interview?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

My friend had theirs yesterday. Two nice people asking the questions, man and woman. Asked a bit about what the council does, what IT skills they had, a few examples of dealing with teams/independent work/problem customers. Apparently 1400 people applies, 1100 are called for interview and it has to be narrowed down to 100. Interviews seem to be in alphabetic order too. This was in LK btw.

• Advertisement

Good luck! Where is your interview?

Mine is in Carndonagh and yours?

Advertisement