Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal county council - clerical officer vacancy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Maldesu wrote: »
    My friend had theirs yesterday. Two nice people asking the questions, man and woman. Asked a bit about what the council does, what IT skills they had, a few examples of dealing with teams/independent work/problem customers. Apparently 1400 people applies, 1100 are called for interview and it has to be narrowed down to 100. Interviews seem to be in alphabetic order too. This was in LK btw.

1,100 for interview?? :eek:

ccro wrote: »
    Mine is in Carndonagh and yours?

Mine is in Letterkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ccro

Mine is in Letterkenny

Well best of luck! We can only do our best! ��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

1,100 for interview?? :eek:
    Sounds incredible but that is the figure I heard too. I can't imagine any private sector employer conducting that many interviews. Have they never heard of shortlisting?

echo beach wrote: »
    Sounds incredible but that is the figure I heard too. I can't imagine any private sector employer conducting that many interviews. Have they never heard of shortlisting?

No idea- the panel I had yesterday said it will be very difficult for them to narrow it down and that if you're successful you'll be invited to another interview which will be longer.....

• Advertisement

No idea- the panel I had yesterday said it will be very difficult for them to narrow it down and that if you're successful you'll be invited to another interview which will be longer.....
    Hi,

I was told the same. if the preliminary interview was competency based questions and specific questions about the council, what could the second interview be based on???

Hi,

I was told the same. if the preliminary interview was competency based questions and specific questions about the council, what could the second interview be based on???

I wasn't asked about all of competencies so I thought that perhaps they will ask about rest of competencies.

I wasn't asked about all of competencies so I thought that perhaps they will ask about rest of competencies.

Yea that's true. Well they said we should know next week. So here's hoping we get called for a second interview.

Yea that's true. Well they said we should know next week. So here's hoping we get called for a second interview.

Oh I was told that we would know after Christmas so it is next week rather than after Christmas!:D Fingers crossed even though it would mean a possibility of waiting two years on the panel

Oh I was told that we would know after Christmas so it is next week rather than after Christmas!:D Fingers crossed even though it would mean a possibility of waiting two years on the panel

Yea he said HR would notify us next week, but considering the closing date was in August and they are just getting around to interviews now....next week could be February/March!
    He said the better you do in the interview the higher up in the panel you will be placed and Donegal co co hasn't gone through a recruitment process like this in over 5 years so he said positions are available.

• Advertisement

Yea he said HR would notify us next week, but considering the closing date was in August and they are just getting around to interviews now....next week could be February/March!
    He said the better you do in the interview the higher up in the panel you will be placed and Donegal co co hasn't gone through a recruitment process like this in over 5 years so he said positions are available.

That sounds promising! Fingers crossed we did excellent in interviews then! :D Did you apply for the competition with PAS as well?

That sounds promising! Fingers crossed we did excellent in interviews then! :D Did you apply for the competition with PAS as well?

No just this application. I hope yes we did excellent so fingers and toes crossed! If/when I hear anything I will post on here.

Hey,

Have you heard anything yet since your interview?

Hey,

Have you heard anything yet since your interview?

Nope nothing yet, expected them to take their time so I'm not surprised especially when they invited over 1,000 to interviews! Hopefully we will hear from them soon though

Nope nothing yet, expected them to take their time so I'm not surprised especially when they invited over 1,000 to interviews! Hopefully we will hear from them soon though

Hey, I got a letter today to say I'm through to the final interview. Interviews will be in February and a letter will follow with date.
    Have you heard yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭bunawillanlad

Strange marking system. Low points for commitment and initiative.... What the heck is that. Also let down on is/financial/accounts skills..... I wasn't asked anything about that. Have third level qualifications in computers and business. 6 points off the qualifying mark. Joke

Hey, I got a letter today to say I'm through to the final interview. Interviews will be in February and a letter will follow with date.
    Have you heard yet?

Oohh I'm dying to know whether I got through or not now! Can't check as I'm at work and hubby is away! Well done you! Hope you get through the final interview and get on the panel!:D

Strange marking system. Low points for commitment and initiative.... What the heck is that. Also let down on is/financial/accounts skills..... I wasn't asked anything about that. Have third level qualifications in computers and business. 6 points off the qualifying mark. Joke

They must have looked at application forms too then? Although I was asked what accounting work I did and if I know the procedures in handling cash etc.... I'm sorry that is balls

They must have looked at application forms too then? Although I was asked what accounting work I did and if I know the procedures in handling cash etc.... I'm sorry that is balls

No all based on the interview. I did inform them that I personally ran an event that generated approximately €150k for 3 years, does that not show initiative, commitment and financial skills 😀
    Interviewer notes said outstanding candidate 😕

No all based on the interview. I did inform them that I personally ran an event that generated approximately €150k for 3 years, does that not show initiative, commitment and financial skills 😀
    Interviewer notes said outstanding candidate 😕

That is pretty strange! Perhaps it will be worth you emailing them and ask? No harm

• Advertisement

That is pretty strange! Perhaps it will be worth you emailing them and ask? No harm

You need 320 marks out of 400 to get called again, I got 314.feck

You need 320 marks out of 400 to get called again, I got 314.feck

Really want to know what I got now. Will you email and ask for more detailed feedback?

Really want to know what I got now. Will you email and ask for more detailed feedback?

Probably not, they'll not entertain anything.
    Be interesting to know how many made the panel though

Probably not, they'll not entertain anything.
    Be interesting to know how many made the panel though

That is for sure! I thought they were mad to invite as many to 1st interview! Hopefully you will have better luck with PAS competition if you applied for it as well!

That is for sure! I thought they were mad to invite as many to 1st interview! Hopefully you will have better luck with PAS competition if you applied for it as well!

They've no time scale for Donegal interviews, sorry I turned down a position in the last campaign

They've no time scale for Donegal interviews, sorry I turned down a position in the last campaign

I'm thinking of emailing PAS to ask unless you know something? Ah what?? Why did you do that?? :eek: Wrong timing?

I'm thinking of emailing PAS to ask unless you know something? Ah what?? Why did you do that?? :eek: Wrong timing?

I emailed them yesterday.
    Wrong timing and Buncrana the only option.

I emailed them yesterday.
    Wrong timing and Buncrana the only option.

Ah ok good to know- hope it won't be too long now though, what number did you reach after supervised tests? I'm in Buncrana on placement at moment- it is a very nice place to work in if you face that choice again. The commute is 2 hours every day for me.

Just home now and saw the letter. Unfortunately I didn't get through to the final interview but it says that I'm a qualified candidate and that my name will be retained on the file as I may be called for an interview later on if the panel is exhausted. The chances of that happening is pretty slim though.

My marks are as follows:
    1. Organisational Skills/Teamwork: 78/100
    2. Commitment & Initiative: 79/100
    3. IS/Financial/Account Skills: 78/100
    4. Customer Care & Communication Skills: 79/100

It may seem like they just scribbed the numbers down. The comment is "outstanding candidate":rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Just home now and saw the letter. Unfortunately I didn't get through to the final interview but it says that I'm a qualified candidate and that my name will be retained on the file as I may be called for an interview later on if the panel is exhausted. The chances of that happening is pretty slim though.

My marks are as follows:
    1. Organisational Skills/Teamwork: 78/100
    2. Commitment & Initiative: 79/100
    3. IS/Financial/Account Skills: 78/100
    4. Customer Care & Communication Skills: 79/100

It may seem like they just scribbed the numbers down. The comment is "outstanding candidate":rolleyes:
    Laughable stuff

Advertisement