Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donegal county council - clerical officer vacancy

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Streetto

Have been told by a few people that these jobs are Lifford based. Think the panel may have suggested this. I never asked at time of interview...anybody have anything on this??

• Registered Users Posts: 21 greenboy70

Been told that offers have already been made to people to work in Lifford. Not sure how many offers were made of how many more are going to be made.

greenboy70 wrote: »
    Been told that offers have already been made to people to work in Lifford. Not sure how many offers were made of how many more are going to be made.

Yes I have also heard of some Lifford offers and they may not be suitable due to travel distance. Would be a pitty if the positions only in Lifford for people who live too far away. :(

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 18 Passat101

Streetto wrote: »
    Yes I have also heard of some Lifford offers and they may not be suitable due to travel distance. Would be a pitty if the positions only in Lifford for people who live too far away. :(

So is it true all the jobs are lifford???? Does anyone know anyone who has been offered yet or how many have been offered?
    Surely there's more jobs around donegal :(

Passat101 wrote: »
    So is it true all the jobs are lifford???? Does anyone know anyone who has been offered yet or how many have been offered?
    Surely there's more jobs around donegal :(

No concrete answer on that one yet.. It seams the panel were of the opinion the jobs were Lifford based, I didn't ask, but I know someone who did.....

Person I know that got offered the job in Lilfford was in top 10 so there was around 10 made so far but not sure if they were all offered Lifford. I'd imagine so many would be taken on now and then another few in a couple of months time but am guessing when I say that. I cant imagine there all in Lifford but with it being one of the biggest offices in Donegal most of the jobs would be there.

Person I know that got offered the job in Lilfford was in top 10 so there was around 10 made so far but not sure if they were all offered Lifford. I'd imagine so many would be taken on now and then another few in a couple of months time but am guessing when I say that. I cant imagine there all in Lifford but with it being one of the biggest offices in Donegal most of the jobs would be there.

Anyone get any word on posts yet? Any offers to any of you

Not yet anyway Passat101 am in top 30 but haven't heard anything. Not very hopeful if am honest

Not yet anyway Passat101 am in top 30 but haven't heard anything. Not very hopeful if am honest

Hey, im in 30's also. Checking my emails every day like a lunatic. Think people are being offered via email. Why are you not hopeful? :(

I just don't see 30+ jobs being offered but I really hope I am wrong. I've only really heard of around 10 offers so far and they were a good month ago and haven't heard a thing since. Still a few ahead of us yet but fingers crossed something will come out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,333 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I just don't see 30+ jobs being offered but I really hope I am wrong.
    Fair point. It's only around 7 or 8 years ago that a lot of temporary staff were laid off and then followed by a government embargo on staff recruitment.

But during the last 7 years or so there has been a fair bit of "natural wastage" with retirements, transfers, deaths etc and those staff do have to replaced together with the staff that gained promotion to vacant posts and in turn this has then left the door open for their positions to be filled.

30 posts may not necessarily be filled over the next couple of months or indeed this year but there's a good chance that all posts will be filled during the lifetime of the panel.

muffler wrote: »
    Fair point. It's only around 7 or 8 years ago that a lot of temporary staff were laid off and then followed by a government embargo on staff recruitment.

But during the last 7 years or so there has been a fair bit of "natural wastage" with retirements, transfers, deaths etc and those staff do have to replaced together with the staff that gained promotion to vacant posts and in turn this has then left the door open for their positions to be filled.

30 posts may not necessarily be filled over the next couple of months or indeed this year but there's a good chance that all posts will be filled during the lifetime of the panel.

You'd imagine there was a lot of people retired or promoted in them 7 years so hopefully your right. Think its a two year panel.

I don't agree. According to the budget they got a big sum for recruitment this year. I think at least 30 will have jobs within 3 months. 7 years is a long time for no recruiting or replacing.
    I had to call the council to make sure they didn't contact my boss for a reference before I got the chance to tell her myself. The girl said she couldn't give me any info on the progress but all she could say is they are in the thick of it at the minute and there will be a lot of movement over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 birdy20

Im placed 50+ and hopeful that I will get placed within the next year. Depending on circumstances there will be people that will not be able to take up post due to travel, costs etc.

birdy20 wrote: »
    Im placed 50+ and hopeful that I will get placed within the next year. Depending on circumstances there will be people that will not be able to take up post due to travel, costs etc.

Yeah for sure. They need the staff there is no doubt about that and they now have the funding also so it's just about how fast they get through the list. Fingers crossed 🀞ðŸ¼

I heard last night there have been 17 offers made. That's it now until after Easter..
    17 offers in a few weeks, good stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Did anyone get a message from PAS inviting them to interviews for their panel?

Any more word anyone??
    I doubt there will be many offers now until September as they have taken on 25 students for the summer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Those students are usually there just to cover existing staff' annual leave or should I say help out rest of staff when good bit of staff are on annual leave :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 tempcontract

I was placed in late 20s, for email this morning offerin a temp post June to dec, thought these were permanent??

I would email them back and say that as far as you where aware it was permanent post you are on a panel for.

The panel was definitely for permanent posts.. Anyone get offered for an area which is not Lifford??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tempcontract

Temp positions are now being offered, all permanent are filled for now, rejecting temp still keeps your placing for permanent

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dvk1986

Hi, placed well down the panel, just wanted to check if anybody had any updates on how far the list has moved? If all the jobs offered were in lifford? Thanks!! Not holding much hope with how far down the list I am!!

I'm late 30's and have heard nothing yet. Lost all hope after seeing that last comment that it is only temporary posts being offered now. Slightly confused and probably won't know until I get the email. As far as I know positions are being offered via email. I know some1 here said they were in the 20's so maybe they would know more.

• Advertisement

Did anyone hear anything since? Haven't heard of anyone getting a job since before Easter?

Hi I had gotten an offer some weeks back but couldn't accept it due to location. As far as I'm aware alot of Lifford offers were made. Anyone know of any other location offers to date??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭tacky

Hi I had gotten an offer some weeks back but couldn't accept it due to location. As far as I'm aware alot of Lifford offers were made. Anyone know of any other location offers to date??

Its been very quite on this thread lately. Do you mind if I ask approx what number you are? And if you turn one down, will they offer you another?

Yes it's a very quiet thread. I am in the top 20 on the panel..have been told if you don't take up an offer you still retain your place on the panel until it expires ðŸ˜

Hiya. Just wondering was it a permanent post you were offered and if you turn it down do you get another chance? Would love to know how quick they are moving down the list.

• Advertisement

This is the quietest thread ever..
    Anyone any updates or news on the jobs?
    Any offers or acceptance?

Passat101 wrote: »
    This is the quietest thread ever..
    Anyone any updates or news on the jobs?
    Any offers or acceptance?

Someone above wrote that they were finished taking people on for the summer on a permanent basis and that looks to be true. I myself haven't heard of anyone getting a job with DonegalCoCo since March and that person was placed in the top 20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ifyouuphere savemesuperman

Hi Guys
    Anyone hear anything coming up since???

Hi Guys
    Anyone hear anything coming up since???

Hey, i have not heard a thing since, its very strange. someone said earlier they were offered temporary and they were placed in early 20's. The last permanant post i was aware of was number 19, months ago. i know a student who went in for the summer, i was thinking with all the students in, the offers would be on hold. she finished up last week, their contracts were 8 weeks so maybe the list will start moving again.

are you far down the list? what was your last update on it?

Havent had any update since got the letter with placing. I am in mid 20s.  Starting to lose hope on ever getting a call to be honest.

Havent had any update since got the letter with placing. I am in mid 20s.  Starting to lose hope on ever getting a call to be honest.

Am in the 30's as well and I haven't anything as of yet. I've given up all hope to be honest as i haven't heard of anyone getting a job with DonegalCoCo since March or April. Did anyone try ringing them?

Not sure if anyone was in contact with them? I guess they wouldnt be able to comment much anyhow

Sent an email, nothing back :(

I guess we can forgot about this until the next time they run a competition. Lost any hope on this.

Yeah I haven't heard anything happening in this in over a year so I guess it more or less finished. Seems strange they interviewed 1000 people then gave 100 people a second interview and there's only been around 15 jobs. Seems like an awful waste of time and money. I rang one day to see if there's been any movement but the woman I was talking to was extremely unhelpful and couldn't tell me anything due to 'confidentiality'. She couldn't even tell me my own place on the list or if there would be any jobs coming up.

• Advertisement

I heard someone got offered a job last week has anyone on here heard anything

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Niamd

Hi! I’m aware this is an old post but was wondering if anyone applied for the most recent competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dvk1986

Yeah seems like such a joke that they interview so many people foe such little jobs. I’m sure many candidates had a lot of experience and qualifications and it seems really unfair to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Niamd

Was it only 15 jobs in 2 years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Niamd wrote: »
    Hi! I’m aware this is an old post but was wondering if anyone applied for the most recent competition?

I applied but didn't place high enough in the tests to go forward to interview.

Advertisement