Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFC payment app other than apple pay?

Options
  • 22-10-2016 5:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭

Just curious. Android have Boon I'm wondering if iPhone has anything? It's likely we may see apple pay in Ireland maybe after every other country has it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I don't think the NFC is available to use by anyone except Apple.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah, third party apps can't use the phone's NFC functionality, the API is closed. I think it's unlikely this will change in the short-term as it would hurt the growth of ApplePay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭WhoWhatWhere

Yeah, third party apps can't use the phone's NFC functionality, the API is closed. I think it's unlikely this will change in the short-term as it would hurt the growth of ApplePay.

I was thinking as much! Oh well, I'll just keep the debit card taped to my iPhone and pretend like I'm using Apple pay for a little longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

I was thinking as much! Oh well, I'll just keep the debit card taped to my iPhone and pretend like I'm using Apple pay for a little longer.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

All banks are opening APIs to each other to allow access and more ease of digital projects so Apple should move with them to facilitate more openness.
    https://openbankproject.com/

• Advertisement
Advertisement