Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to do an extra subject for the LC

Options
  • 22-10-2016 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I'm in fifth year and do the 3 sciences and geography.
    I don't do a third language, but now, looking back, I kind of feel it's better if I did do one. (For matriculation purposes). I feel it would be a good idea to do OL French outside of school?

I was thinking ordinary level French for the LC as I did HL for the JC, didn't get that great a grade in it. The reason why I didn't pick a third language for the LC is because I absolutely detested the language, couldn't grasp it for the life of me and I genuinely felt it would bring my points down.
    How do I do an extra subject for the LC? I have no idea how to add an extra subject to my name. Is it too late to arrange this? What should I know before I go ahead with this?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

All you need to do is when the forms are given out in Leaving Cert, usually in December or January, where you select the subjects you are sitting for the LC, you would also tick French. As a courtesy you should mention it to the Exam Secretary in your school. This will be the teacher in charge of this paperwork, just so they are also aware that you are taking the subject and include you in any information you need to know such as dates for orals.

Advertisement