Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what are my rights as a model

Options
  • 22-10-2016 10:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

I'm talking about being a model for a trainee beauticianor hairdresser , not the catwalk kind !! I answered an ad to get semi permanent makeup /tattoos of eyebrows and eyelashes. Two sessions per area are needed to get results. I paid €150 in total. The contract was a bit vague but I asked the girl and she said definitively that this covered both sessions. When I arrived for second session,was told the girl doing the makeup had been fired so nobody to finish off. Rang the owner who said he would try to find someone else to finish off. A few months later,when no contact, I rang and this time he told me that I had had the treatment and that I had only paid for one session(apparently he had rehired the beauticians again and she's denying that I was told that two sessions covered). It's my word against the beauticians and as I said the contract wording was quite vague. He's refusing to talk to me now so basically I've paid €150 with no results. The treatment was bloody painful too and I had to take half day so really feel hard done by. Any recourse here? Would go to small claims court but it's my word against hers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭beechwood55

Have you anything in writing from them? Email or text even?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

All I have is a text from beautician explaining that she'd been fired and giving me the owners me,saying I had to take it up with him. I'm tempted to take to small claims just to cause him a bit of stress,he's been absolutely horrible and rude . Worth €25 ?

Are consumer association any good? Any point making a complaint ?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Skyfarm

Revenge is never a good motive to bring legal proceedings.

Skyfarm wrote:
    Revenge is never a good motive to bring legal proceedings.

Good point. I just hate them getting away with it, normal reaction. No chance of winning then if only verbal agreement?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

No chance. You need something in writing. Forget it and move on.

Thanks .mods can you close thread now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Did you pay on your card? You might be able to get a charge back as the services were not supplied in full. Your bank is the only one who can answer this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

What proof has the OP that the service was not as described? They need something on paper, or a text/email explaining the service.

No bank will issue a charge back without valid proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭beechwood55

I think there is also a time limit for claiming a chargeback. In any event the OP seems to have no written proof that the service delivered was not as described.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Did the text from the beautician imply that she thought you were owed the second session? Is there a copy of the original ad anywhere?

This is text from beautician...We will go through everything in detail and go very light and maybe darker on your next visit for top up in 6 weeks.

Doesn't mention that cost included..tbh I'd pay the 50€ if they insisted. It's the fact that they never gave the second session because the beautician was fired so in effect I had no results and nothing g to show for the 50 I paid. If I was to go elsewhere for the top up session, they'd charge full whack

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

seefin wrote: »
    This is text from beautician...We will go through everything in detail and go very light and maybe darker on your next visit for top up in 6 weeks.

Doesn't mention that cost included..tbh I'd pay the 50€ if they insisted. It's the fact that they never gave the second session because the beautician was fired so in effect I had no results and nothing g to show for the 50 I paid. If I was to go elsewhere for the top up session, they'd charge full whack
    ?? In your first post you say you paid 150, but here you say you paid 50.

50 per area-eyebrows,upper lashes and lower lashes. I just want to finish off the eyebrows really . I only paid the 100 for eyelashes as they talked me into it and it was cheap so I said why not.

Advertisement