Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long term customer insurance premium raised 100%?

Options
  • 22-10-2016 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi I would like to ask Liberty insurance to please explain why my premium has increased 100% in 2 weeks. I am a long term customer of 10 years and I have never had an accident or had any points. I got my latest quote which was raised around 20/25% so I rang and got a slightly better quote of 495 euro (which is already significantly up from the 340euro I was paying 3 years ago). I decided I would go with this quote but had to wait to my payday in which time my policy lapsed by 2 weeks. I phoned to renew and was told I would be treated as a new customer and would be requoted as such and when I got the quote it was increased 100% in that 2 week period being now quoted over 1000 euro. I feel as a long term good customer and safe driver that I did not deserve this treatment from Liberty - I have effectively been punished for waiting to pay my premium for the year outright as I always do. I asked to speak to a supervisor or manager which I was told I could not. I then asked for this to be escalated to management and they told me that it couldn't but after some persistence I was then told that it could be and that I could expect a reply in 5 days. Since then I have received a letter correspondence telling me it could be up to 20 to 40 days in which I could expect to see a reply and at that point I could contact the ombudsman. This has left me with a car that I cannot drive and I need in which to get to and from work. I really feel Liberty should not be treating a long term customer in such an awful way. You are supposed to be a company that helps its customers have peace of mind not add extra burdons to their lives.
    I look forward to your reply and explanation on this issue.
    Yours sincerely,
    Martin

Advertisement