Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 2016-17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Westbrook is good, but James Harden & Kawhi Leonard are better IMO

And their teams are going to end up with better records.

Never been a big fan of the better record argument, definitely a factor but a lot more to it in my opinion.

Harden is playing exceptional and has become a facilitator which I never thought he would do, definitely in contention.

Leonard is just a beast and wont win because he just goes about his business like the Spurs do, he has added exceptional offense to his exceptional defense this season.

You could also throw Lebron in there too, best player in the league

I just think Westbrook averaging a tripple double is pretty amazing, the supporting cast isnt too hot, he is 6'3" and pulls don more rebounds than big men.
    He has a bit of an image problem I think with the media and public, he is not portrayed in the same light as other stars, Ive read a few articles on him and by all accounts he is a very quite and genuine guy. Has a small inner circle of friends, no big entourages, just works extremely hard, the flash clothes probably make him seem like a bit of a knob.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Gordon Hayward and Brad Stevens reuniting next season ? Not that likely but could happen, would be a very very good signing for the Celtics, quality player.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

I would disagree, easier said than done to go to Shaq directly, when somebody consistently humiliates you on national tv you are going to react. I am pretty sure he didnt ask his mom to intervene, the warriors organisation went to the commisioner.

To say he shouldnt make so many bonehead plays is a pretty bonehead comment, you honestly think a player wants to make mistakes ?

I absolutely hate when people pick on others, especially when those people have such a big platform, its not like McGee ever acted like he was some great player or behaved in some outlandish manner.

Ive watched nearly every Warriors game this year and he has been pretty good, very professional and hardworking.
    Why would somebody affiliate themselves with a parody that mocks a player for no reason, I understand Shaq always tries to be funny to try and stay relevant and its part of the gig but it wasnt even funny, just stupid and lazy.

Shaq has made a bit of a fool of himself to be honest, the fake threats on twitter and such, Durant was spot on in saying Shaq himself wasnt perfect, he had a few airballs from the free throw line, a lot of awkward falls and stumbles.
    That's fine. It's not a catch-all solution for everything, but it certainly helps some people keep their cool in situations like this. The worst thing McGee could have done is show that this was getting to him.

You could also argue that McGee's appearances on Shaqtin have raised his profile. What is he otherwise? An athletic big who never quite filled out early potential due to injuries and poor basketball IQ.

It has been argued that it has affected how employable he is in the NBA. Well Javale, you play for the Warriors. So that argument is out.

Also like to reiterate that it's a f*cking blooper reel. Stop calling it "bullying."

Was it inappropriate that he kept focusing on McGee even when he didn't do anything stupid that week? Absolutely. Was it bullying? No. Grow the hell up Javale. It sounds like he needs a 'safe space'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Westbrook is good, but James Harden & Kawhi Leonard are better IMO

And their teams are going to end up with better records.

Never been a big fan of the better record argument, definitely a factor but a lot more to it in my opinion.

Harden is playing exceptional and has become a facilitator which I never thought he would do, definitely in contention.

Leonard is just a beast and wont win because he just goes about his business like the Spurs do, he has added exceptional offense to his exceptional  defense this season.

You could also throw Lebron in there too, best player in the league

I just think Westbrook averaging a tripple double is pretty amazing, the supporting cast isnt too hot, he is 6'3" and pulls don more rebounds than big men.
    He has a bit of an image problem I think with the media and public, he is not portrayed in the same light as other stars, Ive read a few articles on him and by all accounts he is a very quite and genuine guy. Has a small inner circle of friends, no big entourages, just works extremely  hard, the flash clothes probably make him seem like a bit of a knob.
    Harden was always known as a very good passer, many saying he should have ran the point at OKC with Westbrook playing off the ball but D'Antoni's system has just made his skills even more evident.

Lou Williams will hurt his scoring numbers but his assists should increase. Personally I don't think a team's standings should have as much bearing on MVP as it does but that is the case.
    Harden has been unlucky and imo should have won MVP when Steph won his first award.

It's one of the closest races in years. If their records were the same Westbrook wins, if it ended tomorrow, it purely comes down to whether 3rd place is worth that much more than 7th. If the Rockets could somehow get the 2nd seed then Harden wins but thats high unlikely, similarly if OKC dropped to 8th its Hardens but if Westbrook can get his team to 6th I think Westbrook wins.

It's super close, its that age long debate, what does Most Valuable mean? It can be interpreted in a few different ways when deciding who wins the award. Factors which influence the award have evolved over the years too and continue to do so. I want Harden to win for financial reasons and personal preference but if I was to pick right now I'd give the edge to Westbrook.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

No comments on LeBron choking again in the C's game the other night? Big stats until it mattered...

;)

• Advertisement

Haven't much time but regardless of the record Westbrook should win MVP based on what he's done this year and esp if he averages a trip dub for the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

I don't get how you can hate on LeBron but praise Westbrook at the same time?

Watching the Cavs - Hawks game atm, and Kyrie is showing off his handles early on, pleasure to watch.

PS: Hayward to Celtics would be amazing, now I'm excited. I'd say it would work out better than J. Butler too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

No comments on LeBron choking again in the C's game the other night? Big stats until it mattered...

;)

I know this is pure jesting by you Butters, but the LeBron choking thing ended once and for all in the finals last year.

;)

I remember you said to me last year when we were having that Bird-LeBron debate and said I was a LeBron fanboy etc (which I'm not) but even if I was, your hate on LeBron at every opportunity is just crazy. I know you're joking to an extent but I don't get it tbh.

As Buyer95 said the days of calling LeBron a choker is over, he's lead a team to do what no team has done before and beat the team with the best regular season record ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Lebron is having some run of things from outside the arc. Need to look back and compare but his style seems different to previous years, very little lift on most of them. Cavs look good enough at the moment to run the Warriors close and they are still missing 2 starters.

Westbrook has to win MVP in my book but I have a feeling Harden will get it in the end. Kawhi is the 2nd best player in the NBA behind Lebron if you ask me but probably wont be winning MVP this year because he dosnt put up stats like the two front runners. He might have a squeek though if the Spurs take top spot in the west.

• Advertisement

Noel looking worth that king's ransom of 2 second round picks for the Mavs.

All that talk about Okafor and the Sixers end up dealing Nerlens (who would be a delightful fit next to Myles) for a pack of expired condoms with holes poked in them.

On LeBron again v the C's.....i did say he had a big night stats wise BUT the point is he had the ball in his hands with the game on the line, down 2 and possession on the 3 point line. He had 3 options which he could have done any of the following:

1. Drive to the basket. He would likely score or be fouled and go to the line (either gives them the opportunity to tie the game) or both score and be fouled and put himself in a position to be up 1 with seconds to play
    2. Shoot a 3 to go up 1 with seconds to play
    3. Pass

He chose to pass. Was it a good pass? You could justify it on some grounds maybe. If Kyle Korver was free in the corner and he nails it to put you up one, yes. Do you as the best player on the planet give up option 1 or 2 to select option 3 to pass to a guy on his second 10-day contract with your team in that situation? No. Do you think Bird passes in that situation? Or Jordan? Do you think anyone in the Cavs coaching organisation want Williams taking that shot over LeBron? They'll never say it publicly but of course they don't. And you know this if you're being honest with yourself. He was driving to the basket at will all game and then passes on the games biggest play. He also had not 1 but 2 looks at the 3, and needlessly gave up his dribble in the play.

Who hit the biggest play of the finals last year? Irving. Yes Lebron had the block but that 3 was a much ballsier play than a blocked shot with the game tied. And it's an easier play psychologically.

He has a history of having big games statistically and then missing the final shot or not taking it.

He's the best player on the planet (again, see - I'm praising him) but he is not without weaknesses. And his biggest one IMO is his reluctance at times to do it when the game is truly on the line.

If I'm his coach I want him to make that play to tie/win the game AND not pass.

brady23 wrote: »
    I remember you said to me last year when we were having that Bird-LeBron debate and said I was a LeBron fanboy etc (which I'm not) but even if I was, your hate on LeBron at every opportunity is just crazy. I know you're joking to an extent but I don't get it tbh.

As Buyer95 said the days of calling LeBron a choker is over, he's lead a team to do what no team has done before and beat the team with the best regular season record ever.

I don't hate LeBron. I admire his game on many levels. I did however lose a lot of respect for him over the whole "The Decision" process however and his behaviour at the time and some of it since then. Given his physical talents I despise his flopping, play acting, moaning, travelling and the preferential treatment he gets from refs.

Would I take him on my team? of course, but as I said previously he is not without his flaws.

On LeBron again v the C's.....i did say he had a big night stats wise BUT the point is he had the ball in his hands with the game on the line, down 2 and possession on the 3 point line. He had 3 options which he could have done any of the following:

1. Drive to the basket. He would likely score or be fouled and go to the line (either gives them the opportunity to tie the game) or both score and be fouled and put himself in a position to be up 1 with seconds to play
    2. Shoot a 3 to go up 1 with seconds to play
    3. Pass

He chose to pass. Was it a good pass? You could justify it on some grounds maybe. If Kyle Korver was free in the corner and he nails it to put you up one, yes. Do you as the best player on the planet give up option 1 or 2 to select option 3 to pass to a guy on his second 10-day contract with your team in that situation? No. Do you think Bird passes in that situation? Or Jordan? Do you think anyone in the Cavs coaching organisation want Williams taking that shot over LeBron? They'll never say it publicly but of course they don't. And you know this if you're being honest with yourself. He was driving to the basket at will all game and then passes on the games biggest play. He also had not 1 but 2 looks at the 3, and needlessly gave up his dribble in the play.

Who hit the biggest play of the finals last year? Irving. Yes Lebron had the block but that 3 was a much ballsier play than a blocked shot with the game tied. And it's an easier play psychologically.

He has a history of having big games statistically and then missing the final shot or not taking it.

He's the best player on the planet (again, see - I'm praising him) but he is not without weaknesses. And his biggest one IMO is his reluctance at times to do it when the game is truly on the line.

If I'm his coach I want him to make that play to tie/win the game AND not pass.

You're insinuating that LeBron passes in this situation because he has a reluctance to win the game by himself but as you even said yourself it was a good pass. 
    IMO opinion LeBron is innately selfless and has one of the highest bball IQs ever. I don't see the point of this Jordan/Bird comparison stuff in this situation.

His reasons for passing is more likely due to him feeling that a teammate has a better % chance of scoring and/or in this situation as you say giving the ball to a guy on a 2nd 10 day contract is an acknowledgement of his faith that he believes his teammate can score the winning shot and it's a confidence booster moving forward. 

I don't believe he gives up the ball in a crucial playoff game but passing up the opportunity in a regular season game like this is so trivial its not even worth discussing and you wouldn't have mentioned had it been any other player in the league. 
    If Thomas had given J.Brown or T.Rozier the ball and missed would you have posted the same thing?

Acknowledging LeBron's talents is obvious because he's an all-time great but there are no doubts that you're petty in your criticisms of him at times.

I'm going to assume that's a joke given that block will go down as one of great moments in the greatest comeback in NBA finals history by one of the greatest to play the game. That psychologically easier part is such drivel.

You're insinuating that LeBron passes in this situation because he has a reluctance to win the game by himself but as you even said yourself it was a good pass. 
    IMO opinion LeBron is innately selfless and has one of the highest bball IQs ever. I don't see the point of this Jordan/Bird comparison stuff in this situation.

His reasons for passing is more likely due to him feeling that a teammate has a better % chance of scoring and/or in this situation as you say giving the ball to a guy on a 2nd 10 day contract is an acknowledgement of his faith that he believes his teammate can score the winning shot and it's a confidence booster moving forward. 

I don't believe he gives up the ball in a crucial playoff game but passing up the opportunity in a regular season game like this is so trivial its not even worth discussing and you wouldn't have mentioned had it been any other player in the league. 
    If Thomas had given J.Brown or T.Rozier the ball and missed would you have posted the same thing?

Acknowledging LeBron's talents is obvious because he's an all-time great but there are no doubts that you're petty in your criticisms of him at times.

I'm going to assume that's a joke given that block will go down as one of great moments in the greatest comeback in NBA finals history by one of the greatest to play the game. That psychologically easier part is such drivel.

You're right as usual. No-one other than me mentioned any or all of these points....oh wait, it was the main discussion point on Inside the NBA immediately after the game and was discussed in si.com and on the ringer and openfloor podcasts last week.

Let's just agree to disagree. You clearly can't see anything wrong with him passing to the wrong guy. I said the pass was technically a good pass if he passes to a guy like Korver, but he didn't. He passed to know 3 point lights out shooter oh, what's his name again....the guy on a 10 day contract. How you can twist that into LeBron showing faith in him is bonkers! And yes I know who they guy is btw in case you missed the sarcasm!

With the game on the line IMO he took the worst of the 3 options available to him - that's high IQ alright. Ask any Boston player or coach which they would have preferred he took and I doubt any of them would say anything other than he passes.

Stand by what I said on the block.

You really see no flaws in the guy at all. You'll be one of those guys saying he's better than Jordan before he retires too, if you're not saying it already.

You're right as usual. No-one other than me mentioned any or all of these points....oh wait, it was the main discussion point on Inside the NBA immediately after the game and was discussed in si.com and on the ringer and openfloor podcasts last week.

Let's just agree to disagree. You clearly can't see anything wrong with him passing to the wrong guy. I said the pass was technically a good pass if he passes to a guy like Korver, but he didn't. He passed to know 3 point lights out shooter oh, what's his name again....the guy on a 10 day contract. How you can twist that into LeBron showing faith in him is bonkers! And yes I know who they guy is btw in case you missed the sarcasm!

With the game on the line IMO he took the worst of the 3 options available to him - that's high IQ alright. Ask any Boston player or coach which they would have preferred he took and I doubt any of them would say anything other than he passes.

Stand by what I said on the block.

You really see no flaws in the guy at all. You'll be one of those guys saying he's better than Jordan before he retires too, if you're not saying it already.

Again you're going with me being some sort of fanboy of LeBron as the reason behind my argument. It's clearly evident to anyone reading here that your criticism of LeBron dwarves my love of LeBron.

You saying that LeBron doesn't have a high bball IQ because of a pass you agree was a good pass given how open the guy was? I suppose shooting 43% from 3pt range isn't a high percentage shot.

I'm not saying that's definitely what LeBron was thinking but it is simply a far more probable reason than him not wanting the "big shot" which is what you suggested.

You can stand by the block if you want, I think if we look back in 10 years, the block will be on the highlight reel more so than that shot.

I don't get the personal stuff with me being the type of person who's going to say LeBron is better than Jordan blah blah blah. That's all a bit childish

Are you seriously saying that a drive in that situation isn't the better play?

I think critiquing Lebron's late game decisions is fair game. Because Lebron made that bed for himself when he went ring chasing. It's an absurdly high bar and he tried to take a shortcut.

Are you seriously saying that a drive in that situation isn't the better play?

I don't know tbh but I think Williams is capable of knocking down that shot and that's what LeBron thought.

This whole conversation started because of your bias against LeBron which is evident in every situation you somehow create.

@NUFCNavan Evaluating LeBron's late game decisions is obviosuly fine and he is focused on more than anyone and rightly so but my point is that the stuff BS consistently criticises him about are often incredibly trivial and it's evident to most here that it's a clear dislike of LeBron that drives the criticism and isn't really any way objective.

I don't know tbh but I think Williams is capable of knocking down that shot and that's what LeBron thought.

This whole conversation started because of your bias against LeBron which is evident in every situation you somehow create.

@NUFCNavan Evaluating LeBron's late game decisions is obviosuly fine and he is focused on more than anyone and rightly so but my point is that the stuff BS consistently criticises him about are often incredibly trivial and it's evident to most here that it's a clear dislike of LeBron that drives the criticism and isn't really any way objective.

And again I praised him, but you ignored that. I've said repeatedly he's the best player on the planet - I'm not sure how much more praise I can give him to satisfy you? Unlike others however I don't think that makes him immune from criticism though.

If you can't see it's the wrong play and the drive is the better and safer option I really am lost for words. You can say I'm wrong all you want, but again it was a major talking point in the US Sports Media last week - are all of those journalists wrong too?

Genuine question: have you played the game or are you just (not meant in a derogatory fashion btw) a fan?

• Advertisement

And again I praised him, but you ignored that. I've said repeatedly he's the best player on the planet - I'm not sure how much more praise I can give him to satisfy you? Unlike others however I don't think that makes him immune from criticism though.

If you can't see it's the wrong play and the drive is the better and safer option I really am lost for words. You can say I'm wrong all you want, but again it was a major talking point in the US Sports Media last week - are all of those journalists wrong too?

Genuine question: have you played the game or are you just (not meant in a derogatory fashion btw) a fan?

We've had this before when we went with the bit of d*** wagging as I called it.
    What difference does it make if I've played before??

Irrespective if I've played before it doesn't mean my opinion any less valid, Kevin Pelton, Zach Lowe, Bill Simmons etc are all exceptional at analysising basketball (not comparing myself to them btw) and they've not played a high level.

I know what you're trying to do by asking me but irrespective how high a level I played in Ireland whether it's super league or community games and everything in between, it does not solidify someone's ability to assess anything basketball related, Ireland is not exactly a high standard.

I'm very curious what reason you'll have for asking me why I played even though I'm 99% sure why and it's silly.

Irrespective if I've played before it doesn't mean my opinion any less valid, Kevin Pelton, Zach Lowe, Bill Simmons etc are all exceptional at analysising basketball (not comparing myself to them btw) and they've not played a high level.

I know what you're trying to do by asking me but irrespective how high a level I played in Ireland whether it's super league or community games and everything in between, it does not solidify someone's ability to assess anything basketball related, Ireland is not exactly a high standard.

I'm very curious what reason you'll have for asking me why I played even though I'm 99% sure why and it's silly.

Interesting you mention Simmons......who criticised LeBron last week for.....passing the ball with the game on the line and not taking the ball to the hole or taking the shot. And there's a big difference between growing up in a hoops-mad country like the states and Ireland.

Are you seriously suggesting that someone who's played at a high level doesn't have a better appreciation of the nuances of the game versus someone who hasn't? I'm asking a hypothetical question here - it's not aimed at you personally - I have to say that as you seem to take everything personally btw.

I honestly can't be bothered arguing with you anymore - you clearly know everything.

I've repeatedly said LeBron is the best player on the planet but that he has his flaws. You apparently don't see any, and that's your opinion. Good for you.

Or, if you really know your stuff like you claim, tell me what his weaknesses are?

Irrespective if I've played before it doesn't mean my opinion  any less valid, Kevin Pelton, Zach Lowe, Bill Simmons etc are all exceptional at analysising basketball (not comparing myself to them btw) and they've not played a high level.

Interesting you mention Simmons......who criticised LeBron last week for.....passing the ball with the game on the line and not taking the ball to the hole or taking the shot. And there's a big difference between growing up in a hoops-mad country like the states and Ireland.

Are you seriously suggesting that someone who's played at a high level doesn't have a better appreciation of the nuances of the game versus someone who hasn't? I'm asking a hypothetical question here - it's not aimed at you personally - I have to say that as you seem to take everything personally btw.

I honestly can't be bothered arguing with you anymore - you clearly know everything.

I've repeatedly said LeBron is the best player on the planet but that he has his flaws. You apparently don't see any, and that's your opinion. Good for you.

Or, if you really know your stuff like you claim, tell me what his weaknesses are?
    BS this is nothing got to do with my basketball credentials even though you're trying to move it in that direction. As anyone reading this forum could tell, you are needlessly critical of LeBron. As I said earlier you don't post the same comment about any other player. That was the point but yet again you go off on a needless tangent to justify yourself.

You are trying to discredit my argument by asking about my basketball history. I don't ask about yours because your ability to play the game doesn't interest me. There are plenty of people that play or played the game at a higher level than you that know less while there are plenty that haven't played as high as you and know more. You repeatedly use the word nuances in different scenarios and often it just means nothing.

Again I'm not arguing about LeBron's weaknesses or strengths per say I'm simply pointing out your inability to objectively critique him, which again is evident by your posts. I don't claim anything, I simply give an opinion and don't mind being criticized and I'll almost always admit when I'm wrong and I'll always acknowledge a point I think is good. I sometimes lean on stats too much to make a point for example but at least then my argument has some credibility to it.

You're just a bit of a 'crybully' to be honest, like I said before your criticism of LeBron is silly as its just ridiculously bias which you don't see but its evident to everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

and chill guys:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

In fairness to Buttersuki he was making a fair criticism in this case, Lebron is well below average in the last second game winners catagory and you can be sure he is quite aware of that(as all of us are). Even before his 3 against the Wizards last month he had missed the go ahead basket on the Cavs previous possession.

Luckily for Lebron he has an All star playing beside him who excels in the very times he struggles so it might not be a factor this postseason.

I wouldnt agree about playing basketball at a high level giving you an automatic ability to understand the game better however. At any rate we dont have any former NBA players posting here so its a moot point unless you played at the very top level, playing at a "High" level dosnt mean you can put yourself into Lebrons shoes and analyse from that perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

D2D wrote:
    and chill guys

Thanks, it's as tiresome/interesting as Haye and Bellew!

BS this is nothing got to do with my basketball credentials even though you're trying to move it in that direction. As anyone reading this forum could tell, you are needlessly critical of LeBron. As I said earlier you don't post the same comment about any other player. That was the point but yet again you go off on a needless tangent to justify yourself.

You are trying to discredit my argument by asking about my basketball history. I don't ask about yours because your ability to play the game doesn't interest me. There are plenty of people that play or played the game at a higher level than you that know less while there are plenty that haven't played as high as you and know more. You repeatedly use the word nuances in different scenarios and often it just means nothing.

Again I'm not arguing about LeBron's weaknesses or strengths per say I'm simply pointing out your inability to objectively critique him, which again is evident by your posts. I don't claim anything, I simply give an opinion and don't mind being criticized and I'll almost always admit when I'm wrong and I'll always acknowledge a point I think is good. I sometimes lean on stats too much to make a point for example but at least then my argument has some credibility to it.

You're just a bit of a 'crybully' to be honest, like I said before your criticism of LeBron is silly as its just ridiculously bias which you don't see but its evident to everyone else.

I asked fair questions and again you refuse to answer yet I'm the "crybully". Interesting. :rolleyes:

What does posting the same comment about any other player have to do with it? We're talking about a specific incident from a specific game.

Wasn't trying to discredit your argument at all, I simply asked a hypothetical question and went out of my way to point out it wasn't aimed at you personally - which you then took personally. :confused:

I repeatedly said he's the best player on the planet yet I'm overly critical of him in your eyes. Do I hold him to a higher standard? Yes. Why? Because he's the best player on the planet and he repeatedly says he wants to be the GOAT. So that surely deserves a higher level of scrutiny?

For example, did I criticize Williams for missing the 3? No. Why? Because I don't expect as much of him and tbh I don't expect a guy on a 10 day contract to have to make the game winning shot.

AND TO BE CLEAR - I honestly wouldn't have criticized LeBron for taking the shot even if he missed it. There's an old saying in basketball that "you miss 100% of the shots you don't take". It takes balls to take the shot when the game is on the line and IMO (and in the opinion of a lot of US journalists and commentators last week*) he passed on that by passing. I'm critical of him for not taking the shot and the responsibility. That is not picking on him, it's a fair criticism of his choices on that play.

*I was in the states last week with work and caught an awful lot of coverage both on tv and in other media on this. It was a big talking point after the game. Just trying to

I asked fair questions and again you refuse to answer yet I'm the "crybully". Interesting. :rolleyes:

What does posting the same comment about any other player have to do with it? We're talking about a specific incident from a specific game.

Wasn't trying to discredit your argument at all, I simply asked a hypothetical question and went out of my way to point out it wasn't aimed at you personally - which you then took personally. :confused:

I repeatedly said he's the best player on the planet yet I'm overly critical of him in your eyes. Do I hold him to a higher standard? Yes. Why? Because he's the best player on the planet and he repeatedly says he wants to be the GOAT. So that surely deserves a higher level of scrutiny?

For example, did I criticize Williams for missing the 3? No. Why? Because I don't expect as much of him and tbh I don't expect a guy on a 10 day contract to have to make the game winning shot.

AND TO BE CLEAR - I honestly wouldn't have criticized LeBron for taking the shot even if he missed it. There's an old saying in basketball that "you miss 100% of the shots you don't take". It takes balls to take the shot when the game is on the line and IMO (and in the opinion of a lot of US journalists and commentators last week*) he passed on that by passing. I'm critical of him for not taking the shot and the responsibility. That is not picking on him, it's a fair criticism of his choices on that play.

*I was in the states last week with work and caught an awful lot of coverage both on tv and in other media on this. It was a big talking point after the game. Just trying to
    There is so much drivel in that post that I don't even know where to start so I just won't bother.

I'll just say that the whole point of this was your consistent bias criticism of LeBron and nothing else ("your hate on LeBron at every opportunity is just crazy"), I made suggestions, you made ridiculous statements and asked needless questions, I'll leave it at that.

There is so much drivel in that post that I don't even know where to start so I just won't bother.

I'll just say that the whole point of this was your consistent bias criticism of LeBron and nothing else ("your hate on LeBron at every opportunity is just crazy"), I made suggestions, you made ridiculous statements and asked needless questions, I'll leave it at that.

Drivel? Lol. You need to look at your own posts if you want to see drivel.

Yup. I hate on every opportunity as evidenced by my repeated use of the phrase "he's the best player on the planet". I'm such a hater.

• Advertisement

Bogut breaks his leg during his first game tonight, he obviously would have been an asset in the playoffs, it's a pity.

Harden almost got the Rockets over the line vs the Spurs too, it was a really good game, pretty disappointed they didn't but the Spurs are just so good

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement