Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini-indicators

• 22-10-2016 3:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭

I have a set of multi-LED mini-indicators on the bike but a number of the LEDs have gone, especially on the LHS which seems to have somehow got a bit waterlogged.

Does anyone have a set that they can recommend? Preferably LED.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Simona1986 wrote: »
    I have a set of multi-LED mini-indicators on the bike but a number of the LEDs have gone, especially on the LHS which seems to have somehow got a bit waterlogged.

Thanks

You'll pick up a decent set in Cotters for €21-

I've used the same one on my last bike and recently fit a pair to my sons.

Nothing special, they're a universal fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Simona1986 wrote: »

Thanks

Have to admit to being ambivalent about the whole Mini-Indicator thing.

It appears to be very common these days,to stick a small pair of winkers,as close to the frame/body of the machine as possible,and then be surprised when "Cagers" and other road users fail to notice them,especially when they flash rapidly due to the lack of an inline resistor.

I'm very much on the side of the 1970's USA spec Sunburst Indicators out there on the end of a chrome stalk,which were hard to miss,although still easy to ignore !! :(

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

AlekSmart wrote:
    It appears to be very common these days,to stick a small pair of winkers,as close to the frame/body of the machine as possible,and then be surprised when "Cagers" and other road users fail to notice them,especially when they flash rapidly due to the lack of an inline resistor.

I have a resistor from the current set.

I actually still have the stock front indicators on as I think they look well but not a fan of the ones that were on the rear.

Advertisement