Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redevelopment in Rush, Co. Dublin:

Options
  • 22-10-2016 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any updates on the supermarket and appartments proposed to be built in Rush Main St. at the derelict houses site across from Strand Bar Pub?

I know this has been going on for years now and a certain family in Rush kept trying to object and stop it happening. No surprise.

Thankfully, to my knowledge, the permission has been granted and the issue with the owner of the thatch cottage is also sorted. (I know it's a protected structure and thry have to build around it).

Is the supermarket still going there?

The whole main st is like a scene from a soviet hovel in North Korea.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

dfeo wrote: »
    Does anyone have any updates on the supermarket and appartments proposed to be built in Rush Main St. at the derelict houses site across from Strand Bar Pub?

I know this has been going on for years now and a certain family in Rush kept trying to object and stop it happening. No surprise.

Thankfully, to my knowledge, the permission has been granted and the issue with the owner of the thatch cottage is also sorted. (I know it's a protected structure and thry have to build around it).

Is the supermarket still going there?

The whole main st is like a scene from a soviet hovel in North Korea.

Dont think it as bad as you paint it. A part of the street should be demolished.

I had a call on this issue this evening and the person in question is fuming at local reps not doing something about this site, be it demolish it or clean it up.

I did hear this will be going ahead in the not too distant future, when that is .......... God only knows. But people need to put pressure on the Council to have something done with the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Commotion Ocean

Nice bit of info, Leo. Was this from a reliable resource? is the Supermarket still coming or is that a dead horse at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭markad1

It would be nice to see this part of the village sorted.

dfeo wrote: »
    Nice bit of info, Leo. Was this from a reliable resource? is the Supermarket still coming or is that a dead horse at this stage?

Didnt hear if supermarket was coming or not but I suspect there will be an anchor tennent.

I would say a fairly reliable source, but things change. I do hope however the Community council and the people can really start to put pressure on Fingal C.C. and the owners of this property to develop it and if they dont they should be hit with hefty fines.

People are so peeded off and rightfully so but we have to stop moaning to each other. It is a joke they way the council just neglect Rush. We have had bits and pieces done over the years with path improvements and street lighting and a few cosmetic jobs. But our greatest assets our beachs are not safe to swim in because of their (Fingal C.C.s) neglect, not like they didnt get a load of money from developers.
    The only building that should be allowed in Rush and Lusk until the waste is sorted out are single units on private sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Paddytheman

A local Estate Agent informed me that it was going ahead and Aldi would be the anchor tennant..............then again he was trying to sell me a house:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

A local Estate Agent informed me that it was going ahead and Aldi would be the anchor tennant..............then again he was trying to sell me a house:rolleyes:

Much the same as what I heard and I have a house;)

Plan on paying a visit to a few clinics over coming weeks to see what can be done with the site.

I have been asked to supply images for the site, large billboard size to show off the beachs and local scenes. I would prefer if the place was knocked down!!

Jeasus......... buy the site;) We will support any planning you have for it...... (for a small fee)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 DezoLord

Hiya.

Here's the most recent update on the development of the Main Street for those who haven't seen it yet. Quite exciting news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Commotion Ocean

I've been watching this space with anticipation over the years and it's great to see it finally coming to fruition.

Any ideas if / when the derelict buildings will be coming down?

When do you think they'll turn the first sod to get the ball rolling? Before the summer?

Hear it is due to start by April 2017 and a finish date of October/November 2017 but would that not be a bit quick? Maybe the way building come now a lot of the time will be spent on ground works with the buildings pre-cast.

Will be fantastic to see it happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 DezoLord

LeoB wrote: »
    Hear it is due to start by April 2017 and a finish date of October/November 2017 but would that not be a bit quick? Maybe the way building come now a lot of the time will be spent on ground works with the buildings pre-cast.

Will be fantastic to see it happening.

Thanks for the news. Can't wait to see it finally happening.

Finish date seems too quick but we'll see. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭jwwb

Looked back at the reports of the build in Swords.

There was a report of a headstone being found in May which would have been during ground clearance - so close the the start. The shop opened in November. So six months or so to build.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Had hoped to see lots of activity on this by now but looks like the time frame is slipping once again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

A bit off topic but what's the story with the rebuild a few doors down (beside Hackett's and the Indian). I know there was probably a lot of 'hidden' work being done at the rear but it doesn't seem to be advancing much lately.

Advertisement