Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crowdfunding

• 22-10-2016 5:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

Has anyone got any experience at crowdfunding for a release of material?

My group is looking at doing it but it looks daunting.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

FionnK86 wrote: »
    Has anyone got any experience at crowdfunding for a release of material?

My group is looking at doing it but it looks daunting.

Best suggestion is to start by organising a gig to raise funds. Get some good, popular bands to support and keep the money off the door. If you can't collectively get enough of a crowd to get some cash together, something like kickstarter probably won't do too much for you so use the gig as a gauge and you'll know you need to do more gigs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,717 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Google 'Galway Street Club'. They tried it but I'm not sure how successful they were. They are a sound bunch so they will probably give you the heads up if you contact them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Look at arts funding also. I don't know where you are, but for example Kildare County Council offer 3 grants every year for bands to get €900 of studio recording (enough for an EP). We knew we'd be home recording so applied for and got a few hundred euro for CD duplication, photos etc. Most local authorities will have similar and they generally come out at the start of the year. Keep an eye on the Arts Council website also.

Advertisement