Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderator action

Options
  • 22-10-2016 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

I would like to complain about the action of the moderator in removing the link to the post at my blog titled " Beware of False Christian Churches " because he considered it to be a " link drop ". It is a serious piece on a subject that should be discussed at your site. Furthermore, more than 120 people had visited the link in the two days that it had been there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

As it is your blog, surely it is more important that its contents are discussed on your site rather than on boards?

You promoted your article without any attempt to discuss its content. The mod was correct to snip the link. You may link to your blog in your sig (via the User CP), but promoting your blog or link-dumping is not permitted on this site.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭kieranwaldron

As it is your blog, surely it is more important that its contents are discussed on your site rather than on boards?

You promoted your article without any attempt to discuss its content. The mod was correct to snip the link. You may link to your blog in your sig (via the User CP), but promoting your blog or link-dumping is not permitted on this site.

tHB

I did make an attempt to discuss its content, but the link was cut before any serious discussions on it arose.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

This is what you posted...
    I posted a piece to my blog this week about false Christian churches which should be of interest to your viewers. The full piece can be accessed here <snip>

I see no invitation to discuss the topic on boards, but an attempt to drive traffic to your blog.

The mod action was correct, IMHO.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement