Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea v Manchester United 23/10/16 k/o 16.00 SS1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Mourinho would be right where he wanted to be if the players had put one of the tons of chances we had against Stoke away, two draws against Pool and Chelsea would have been fine as we'd more than likely only be 2 or 3 points off the top in that scenario.

The idea that he's going to rip up his plan and go all out attack against Pool and Chelsea just because we had a blip against Stoke is madness. Mourinho is a long term thinker, he always has been. 1 or 2 points is usually crucial near the end of the season and if he can get them almost guaranteed against the bigger clubs he'll take them because he's almost perfected the tactic at this stage.

Writing off anybody with 25 games to go is crazy.

I don't think anyone is writing off utd to be fair. They should be challenging at the end of the season. On your points you could also say they were lucky to get a last minute winner against hull or they could be further behind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

niallo27 wrote: »
    I don't think anyone is writing off utd to be fair. They should be challenging at the end of the season. On your points you could also say they were lucky to get a last minute winner against hull or they could be further behind

It was a dominant performance against Hull too so it doesn't fit into the negative narrative.

City is really the only performance I can criticise Mourinho on, he picked the wrong team and we got pummelled for 45 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

It was a dominant performance against Hull too so it doesn't fit into the negative narrative.

City is really the only performance I can criticise Mourinho on, he picked the wrong team and we got pummelled for 45 minutes

I don't mind negative, but liverpool had one clean sheet in like 17 games. The keeper looked so dodgy under any cross but was never tested. I didn't see any plan to even try snatch a goal against liverpool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Hopefully a first minute goal for Chelsea forcing an actual game from United who're more than capable. Has 0-0 or controversial dirty 1-1 written all over it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Hopefully 2 early goals for United and a total borefest after that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Is this blue Sunday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Chelsea team today: Courtois; Azpilicueta, David Luiz, Cahill (c); Moses, Kante, Matic, Alonso; Pedro, Diego Costa, Hazard. #CFC

Man UTD team: De Gea; Valencia, Smalling, Bailly, Blind; Fellaini, Herrera; Rashford, Pogba, Lingard; Ibrahimovic

United gone a little more attacking as expected

Chelsea having to go with 4 at the back to counter the 433, I don't think 3412 is a reliable formation long term

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Mata seems to be a luxury player, Jose doesn't think he can play him in tough away matches.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Kante to dominate, chelsea to win, I hereby predict a three all thriller from Maniller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

More attacking from United with Jesse starting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Bus has arrive
    Being parked on pitch as we speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Bus has arrive

200_s.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Chelsea by a couple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Draw and 22 red cards please Bob!

• Advertisement

Bus has arrive

Luckily chelsea have Ngolo 'The Puncturer' Kante TM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Draw and 22 red cards please Bob!

The pedant in me feels like pointing out that you cant end in a draw with that many red cards as one team will win by default. :D

Chelsea 1pt off top with a win.

I fear a 0-0 borefestaramaliously type of game /

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Kirby wrote: »
    The pedant in me feels like pointing out that you cant end in a draw with that many red cards as one team will win by default. :D

What happens if its 7 v 7 and two players start punching the heads off each other...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Mata seems to be a luxury player, Jose doesn't think he can play him in tough away matches.

What's your sample size for that? I would have put this match down as our second "tough" away game since he took over. Bit of a small set to be making detailed analysis on no? Could say the same of Shaw so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Looks like Mkhitaryan could have a similar Man Utd career to Kagawa. Most not have been a Mourinho buy. Very bizarre treatment of him considering Lingard is starting & Mkhitaryan said he is not fit. He must not be tracking back in training.

• MD1990 wrote: »
    Looks like Mkhitaryan could have a similar Man Utd career to Kagawa. Most not have been a Mourinho buy. Very bizarre treatment of him considering Lingard is starting & Mkhitaryan said he is not fit. He must not be tracking back in training.
    Jesus Christ
    What a way to jump to a ridiculous conclusion as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

ShooterSF wrote: »
    What's your sample size for that? I would have put this match down as our second "tough" away game since he took over. Bit of a small set to be making detailed analysis on no? Could say the same of Shaw so?

Yes 2 of 2 he didn't play him, data can't be much bigger but it looks accurate. I didn't make any detailed analysis either just pointing out that Mata seems to be a luxury as far as Mourinho goes in big matches..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

6-5 chelski, clearly.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Jesus Christ
    What a way to jump to a ridiculous conclusion as usual
    I can barely make a post about Man Utd before you reply. Less than a minute this time. Impressive in a weird way.
    Mkhitaryan is now fit but not making the squad while Lingard starts. Not that ridiculous to suggest Mourinho may not rate him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Kirby wrote: »

You can.

Four onfield players and seven subs each = 22 :)

MD1990 wrote: »

Mkhitaryan said he is not fit

Doesn't play

Conspiracy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Yes 2 of 2 he didn't play him, data can't be much bigger but it looks accurate. I didn't make any detailed analysis either just pointing out that Mata seems to be a luxury as far as Mourinho goes in big matches..

So what about Shaw or Martial? Neither played in those games either? It just seems you have an opinion and are looking for data to fit that opinion rather than the reverse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I can barely make a post about Man Utd before you reply. Less than a minute this time. Impressive in a weird way.
    Mkhitaryan is now fit but not making the squad while Lingard starts. Not that ridiculous to suggest Mourinho may not rate him.

Most of what you post about them is shyte tbh.

Just like the above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Can't believe Mata is dropped

He said he is training well but match fitness is another step.

You are jumping the gun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

**** off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

wtf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Lol

• Jaysus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Booooom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

What happened there? Smelling was terrible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Haha

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Awful from De Gea. He's better than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Absolute disaster.

Blind hanging De Gea again

He is just too prone to fcuk ups

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Why Mourinho's teams don't open up.

What the hell?!

Just went for a coffee...

Most of what you post about them is shyte tbh.

Just like the above.

You were confident of a win I see. I guess not only my posts are shyte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Why Mourinho's teams don't open up.

:rolleyes:

heyooooooooo!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Double boooooooooom

• Advertisement
Advertisement