Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea v Manchester United 23/10/16 k/o 16.00 SS1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

£90m for some haircuts, shít dancing, and one performance every 8 games. Bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Christ that Top 5 is tighter than Wenger's wallet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

United really bent over and accepted that with a smile that was a very shameful performance.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Continue this courageous fight for justice

Meh, your old reliable aren't getting it right no matter how much they spend. It's funny watching the glory hunting Irish Man Utd fan section panicking and performing mental gymnastics as they don't know what to do with all that spite they normally unleash on other clubs.

Oh but maybe if you buy 4 more players for 150 million it might work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Wenger has no wallet fanny pack :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

mansize wrote: »
    Christ that Top 5 is tighter than Wenger's wallet!

Only 2 goals between the top 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Fantastic performance from Chelsea. The new formation and setup is working very well so far. There's a proper balance to the side now and it's refreshing to see an actual left footed player on the left side and no Ivanovic on the right. It'll be interesting to see how it works long term as other sides adapt and attempt to counter it.

As good as Chelsea were, United were equally bad. Some of the defending and individual performances were bordering on being disgraceful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

I have no idea what I'm doing.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I think Jose said something about '' foul on my players'' I think .
    Could be the Luis tackle he's on about .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Not sure why what I posted is so hard to understand, I have explained multiple times. Please read back

I did read it. The OP said he had one good game and you said he had two?

I'm just saying if the fee was lower people would probably be fine with his performances so far. When people know he was 90m they expect more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Heaviest away defeat for ManU in 17 years, anyone know what team held that record?

Think it was vs Chelsea in 99. 5-0

• BMMachine wrote: »
    Meh, your old reliable aren't getting it right no matter how much they spend. It's funny watching the glory hunting Irish Man Utd fan section panicking and performing mental gymnastics as they don't know what to do with all that spite they normally unleash on other clubs.

Cool story bro
    Please continue

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    I wonder what excuses will be rolled out by Mourinho.

Beaten by a better team fair and square

United had more possession today. Moral victory goes to Jose.

Heaviest away defeat for ManU in 17 years, anyone know what team held that record?

Newcastle? Oh 17 years....dunno

• emmetkenny wrote: »

I'm just saying if the fee was lower people would probably be fine with his performances so far. When people know he was 90m they expect more.

I'm not debating any of what you are saying. Not sure why you continue to try to justify the point you are making

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Jose will always always find someone/something to deflect the blame. In saying that Luiz's tackle was nasty, I think he more mistimed it but still was lucky.

Cool story bro
    Please continue

Yeah if you ignore what I'm saying and talk sarcastically it means I'm wrong. :) jeez, wasn't there another man utd fan acting the exact same way with me recently? Wonder what the correlation is. Cos there is no way I'm just right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

I could make out 'uno a zero....quattro a zero'.
    I'd say it was something undermining the result like 'you'd won the match at 1-0 nevermind 4-0' or could have been suggesting the result was as good as 1-0 to Conte seeing as they have to play again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

BMMachine wrote: »

Ah here who's the spiteful one. Utd fans are being realistic in the main.

Yeah if you ignore what I'm saying and talk sarcastically it means I'm wrong. :) jeez, wasn't there another man utd fan acting the exact same way with me recently? Wonder what the correlation is. Cos there is no way I'm just right.

Is this even about football for you now? Please continue as this is amusing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

All talk of Utd but credit must also go to Chelsea. They played great today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

I could make out 'uno a zero....quattro a zero'.
    I'd say it was something undermining the result like 'you'd won the match at 1-0 nevermind 4-0' or could have been suggesting the result was as good as 1-0 to Conte seeing as they have to play again.

Well if Mourinho was such a tactical genius, he could have turned his team around from 1-0 down to win the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Wasn't it southhampton 6-2 or something during there grey shirt days

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

The irony here was that these Chelsea players got to go out and play the kind of expansive football that Mourinho always prohibited. To do it so effectively and with such style against Mourinho's team must be sweet for a lot of those players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Think he said ye started before we were ready. The bus wasn't even in gear.

Is this even about football for you now? Please continue as this is amusing

theres that classic spite.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »

I think he was arguing I said 1 when its 2 I should get my facts straight

• murpho999 wrote: »
    All talk of Utd but credit must also go to Chelsea. They played great today.

I have given Chelsea credit multiple times tbf
    Other have said the same also. You have to wade through all the ****e posts to find the decent ones!

theres that classic spite.

OK mighty stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I'm just waiting for Mourinho's bitter excuse-laden rant post-match interview now. :)

The irony here was that these Chelsea players got to go out and play the kind of expansive football that Mourinho always prohibited. To do it so effectively and with such style against Mourinho's team must be sweet for a lot of those players.

I'd say it was sweet for a lot of them today considering his carry on last season

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Chelsea in 2000. 5 0. Taibi era!

• martyos121 wrote: »
    I'm just waiting for Mourinho's bitter excuse-laden rant post-match interview now. :)

Let me know how it goes. Too painful to watch sky at the moment
    Don't fap too much!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Theres a good lash of those chelsea players who wanted to put it up to Utd and their performanced today showed that. Hazard and Matic being two stand out players in that regard.

A lot of sh*te went on last year regarding the players being terrible and jose maoning about them but it must have been a sweet victory for those players, whether it was 1 or 4-0 its only 3 points but its the confidence it brings from the manner of the win is whats good for chelsea fans and players a like.

I love contes passion but i wonder is that what got up Joses backside when they were shaking hands at the end.

The top 5 is seperated by 1 point. Nobody will walk the league this year it looks like, its going to be a hard fight and Utd are far from out of it. Theyre only 6 points behind is it, Utd will lick the wounds and come back, chelsea fans can cheer this victory, abu's too but its a long season.

The 6/7 days rest really helped us too. Utd had 2 games in the same time we had 6 days rest, that helps and showed too.

Didn't you used to wax lyrical about him and his pragmatic approach.

http://m.imgur.com/a/gjIcp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Even the Chelsea twitter account is taking the píss

Know you've hit bottom then

Twitter? What's that all about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Let me know how it goes. Too painful to watch sky at the moment
    Don't fap too much!! :P

All spent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm not debating any of what you are saying. Not sure why you continue to try to justify the point you are making

I'm not trying to justify anything. I was agreeing with you against the other poster but giving my opinion why I can see the point the other poster mentioned.

Not acording to skysports it was 5-0 5 years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Jose showing signs of cracking

• Advertisement

Twitter? What's that all about?

For people to infer what they want.
    What about the question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

first time jose has lost by 4 clear goals

Jose keeps referencing the third and fourth goals as counter attacking goals, they weren't.

?

What's with the Twitter stuff. Who's that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

ricero wrote: »
    Jose showing signs of cracking

Nonsense. Sensible interview so far. We move on and we need to win some games.

Mature enough interview there, protective but not petulant.

Really stressing that counter attack stuff isn't he.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    ?

What's with the Twitter stuff. Who's that?

Pretty sure it's AIG. Was posted before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

glad he didn't dwell on the Luiz question, we were never coming back when it went 2-0

• Advertisement

Really stressing that counter attack stuff isn't he.

Except no goal came from Chelsea counter attacking.

Advertisement