Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mtb around Kildare.

Options
  • 22-10-2016 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi folks soon to be working around Naas,kildare area.
    May have some down time between shifts/training sessions for work ,evenings that i could use to explore on the mountain bike.

Been looking on strava and seen a few bits around curragh too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

Not my scene but i think there are some trails in Donadea Forest, plenty of lads use the canal banks and bog service roads in West Kildare as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Knock into Bikeology in naas I think they have regular shop spins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Glending Woods on the Naas to Blessington Rd just outside Blessington is a popular spot

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

If you're on Facebook search for kildare mountain bike club, they're running new member spins at the moment I think

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭connie_c

Saggart Hill is very close. Between Kilteel and Brittas. https://www.strava.com/segments/1292132

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭TooObvious

Saggart Hill also known as Slade Valley, is the best Kildare option IMHO. Trails are well maintained by IMBRC and others, and there is plenty of fire road if you are only just beginning.

Donadea - flat and boring
    Curragh - MTB for roadies
    Glending - 2nd best, great steep technical trails, usually dryish, easy to lose the trail in places and not as big as Saggart Hill

Best thing to do is to take a morning to visit and get lost/explore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

TooObvious wrote: »
    Saggart Hill also known as Slade Valley, is the best Kildare option IMHO. Trails are well maintained by IMBRC and others, and there is plenty of fire road if you are only just beginning.

Donadea - flat and boring
    Curragh - MTB for roadies
    Glending - 2nd best, great steep technical trails, usually dryish, easy to lose the trail in places and not as big as Saggart Hill

Best thing to do is to take a morning to visit and get lost/explore.

Where abouts in slade valley are the trails?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,850 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

ec18 wrote: »
    Where abouts in slade valley are the trails?

You can contact IMBRC spins@imbrc.com, and go on one of their beginner spins, this is the only real way to go MTB'ing in Slade.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭TooObvious

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    You can contact IMBRC spins@imbrc.com, and go on one of their beginner spins, this is the only real way to go MTB'ing in Slade.

In fairness, anybody can rock up to the gate with their bike, take a cycle up the fire road and keep their eyes peeled for the worn tracks either side leading to the trails. That said, IMBRC are a well organised club and would give a good introduction to the trails seeing as they race them and built them.

Advertisement