Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dryer questions

• 22-10-2016 8:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm planning on buying a standalone dryer, not vented, to put in my apartment. I've never had one before, I'm wondering if they make a lot of noise and if they vibrate/move a lot?
    Would I need to build some sort of casing around it or can they just be plugged in a room on their own?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

They don't vibrate much. The cheaper ones can be noisy. I think they all have decibel levels stated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭MaudL

Walter2016 wrote: »
    They don't vibrate much. The cheaper ones can be noisy. I think they all have decibel levels stated.

How would you compare the noise to that of the spin cycle on a washing machine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

MaudL wrote: »
    How would you compare the noise to that of the spin cycle on a washing machine?

Even the worst dryer would be quieter.

AEG seem to have extra quiet machines, but I don't see any stockists except UK and Northern Ireland (armagh electrical)

You're looking for decibel rating of about 65. Spin cycle on a machine would be about 80.

Here's one option http://www.powercity.ie/?par=40-10-ZD8203W&pages=1&prod=ZD8203W&brands=zanussi&image=

Depending on budget you can also get "set and forget" options allowing you delay start for when you are out and keep clothes in perfect condition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭MaudL

Walter2016 wrote: »
    Even the worst dryer would be quieter.

AEG seem to have extra quiet machines, but I don't see any stockists except UK and Northern Ireland (armagh electrical)

You're looking for decibel rating of about 65. Spin cycle on a machine would be about 80.

Here's one option http://www.powercity.ie/?par=40-10-ZD8203W&pages=1&prod=ZD8203W&brands=zanussi&image=

Depending on budget you can also get "set and forget" options allowing you delay start for when you are out and keep clothes in perfect condition.

Many thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You won't need to build any casing, they're freestanding.
    Noise wise, they're generally quiet enough, nowhere near as noisy as a washing machine. The clothes tumbling around would probably be the most noticible thing. If it's in an adjacent room it'll be no bother.
    Some of the newer ones sense when the clothes are done, and don't have a timer. Nice feature. Some have an interior light too which is a nice touch.
    If it's a condenser dryer, try and get one where the removable water tank is up high. Mine is at the bottom and it's a pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Have a HP one. There dearer, cheapest €500. Clothes come out very nice. Very economical to run if your budget can stretch to it.

As in heap pump - took a while for that to click :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Sorry, heat pump. Yeah that reads diff.

I thought if they're as crap as my laptop I'd give them a miss

Advertisement