Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Availability of .223 Sierra Match Kings 69gr

Options
  • 22-10-2016 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

Hi lads and lasses,

So, I've had my .223 Tkka T3 for a while and I've been shooting the wonderful Fiocchi V-max 50gr at 100 and 200 yds. Very accurate and consistent round.

However, I've been pushing myself out to 300yds and the 50grs seem to lose their consistency at this range.

I got my hands on a box of Fiocchi SMK 69grains and they were great at 300 yds.

Problem is, my local RFDs don't seem to stock them.

Do any of you good folk know where I could get my hands on them. I'm in the Midlands, but willing to travel.

Thanks in advance,
    Al.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

alanmc wrote: »
    Hi lads and lasses,

So, I've had my .223 Tkka T3 for a while and I've been shooting the wonderful Fiocchi V-max 50gr at 100 and 200 yds. Very accurate and consistent round.

However, I've been pushing myself out to 300yds and the 50grs seem to lose their consistency at this range.

I got my hands on a box of Fiocchi SMK 69grains and they were great at 300 yds.

Problem is, my local RFDs don't seem to stock them.

Do any of you good folk know where I could get my hands on them. I'm in the Midlands, but willing to travel.

Thanks in advance,
    Al.

Sellior and Bellot do a bthp round loaded with 69gr smk as far as I know.

Ballistec in Wexford had them and they were pretty cheap too. Worth a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭alanmc

Just in case anybody else is looking for these. Lakeland Sports Supplies (which is listerally 10 mins drive from my house) has a supply of Fiocchi 69gr SMKs HPBT.

Advertisement