Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fish bait for foxs.

• 22-10-2016 10:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

Is fish any good for baiting fox's.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,755 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Is fish any good for baiting fox's.

I suspect some of my mink traps with mackrel heads have been "roughed up" by foxes. I suppose they will check out any strong smell the might be food

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Eddie B

It would probably work, but id go for some cheap dog food, or better still get a plastic paint bucket, fill with scraps from rabbits, game or even butcher scraps, and stick the lid on it. Hang it out of a tree or anything which will keep it off the ground. Best left for a few weeks if possible, to start decomposition, and then punch holes in the bottom of the bucket to let the stink out.

This works great. I use it to draw fox's into cover, and then snare the runs.

Advertisement