Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone line brandband enabled?

Options
  • 22-10-2016 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi,

Is it possible to check if the phone line coming to my house is broadband enabled?

In the event the line is not broadband enabled is there options available to rectify the situation?

Any assistance would be greatly welcomed.

Regards Stephen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi,

Is it possible to check if the phone line coming to my house is broadband enabled?

In the event the line is not broadband enabled is there options available to rectify the situation?

Regards Stephen
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]stephentbb2000,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch.:D [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif] Is this an active line?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭stephentbb2000

Hi,

Regards Stephen
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]stephentbb2000,[/font]

Hi Pamela,

Thanks for the reply, the line is no longer active as at the time (7 years ago) we were unable to receive broadband so the line was disconnected.  In recent weeks Fibre optic cable is being laid and the area i live as its part of the rural broadband scheme.

I am fairly sure the line we were connected to was a carrier/splitter line and is not broadband enabled (I think). When the house was built a few years back the builder ran an underground line to the closest point which was an adjoining neighbours pole.

At the end of our driveway which would of been more labour intensive for our builder is an underground ericom junction box.

I can PM you my eircode and old phone number but my questions are as follows;

1) Is the current line broadband enabled.

2) If not is it possible to run a new underground line from our home (works carried out by myself) to the junction box for future connection.

Thanks for your help.

PM sent

Hi,

Regards Stephen

Hi Pamela,

Thanks for the reply, the line is no longer active as at the time (7 years ago) we were unable to receive broadband so the line was disconnected.  In recent weeks Fibre optic cable is being laid and the area i live as its part of the rural broadband scheme.

I am fairly sure the line we were connected to was a carrier/splitter line and is not broadband enabled (I think). When the house was built a few years back the builder ran an underground line to the closest point which was an adjoining neighbours pole.

At the end of our driveway which would of been more labour intensive for our builder is an underground ericom junction box.

2) If not is it possible to run a new underground line from our home (works carried out by myself) to the junction box for future connection.

Thanks for your help.

PM sent

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Even if the physical connection is still there in your home [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]stephentbb2000 [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]the line may be inactive & you may need a new installation. You can check this by plugging a phone into the line & dialling 199000. An automated voice should call you back the soft dial tone (number allocated to the line). We would need this information to check this. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have checked my PM's and I don’t seem to have received this.[/font]

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 150 ✭✭Head Wreck

I rang Eir to order broadband a while ago, process was going smoothly, then out of nowhere the rep asked for my phone number and said he'd ring me back in a min. An hour and still no call. Do ye not want my custom

Hi,

Regards Stephen

Hi Pamela,

Thanks for your help.

PM sent

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Even if the physical connection is still there in your home [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]stephentbb2000 [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]the line may be inactive & you may need a new installation. You can check this by plugging a phone into the line & dialling 199000. An automated voice should call you back the soft dial tone (number allocated to the line). We would need this information to check this. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have checked my PM's and I don’t seem to have received this.[/font]

Hi Pamela, just resent the PM

• Advertisement

Hi,

Regards Stephen

Hi Pamela,

Thanks for your help.

PM sent

Hi Pamela, just resent the PM
    No problem stephentbb2000.

-Pamela 

Head Wreck wrote: »
    I rang Eir to order broadband a while ago, process was going smoothly, then out of nowhere the rep asked for my phone number and said he'd ring me back in a min. An hour and still no call. Do ye not want my custom
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Head Wreck,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear this. Is there anything I can assist you with?[/font]

, I'm sorry to hear this. Is there anything I can assist you with? Thanks, Pamela

Yes, Ring me and take my details so I can sign up for broadband

Originally posted by Eir: Pamela
    , I'm sorry to hear this. Is there anything I can assist you with? Thanks, Pamela

Yes, Ring me and take my details so I can sign up for broadband
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me your name, contact number & address [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Head Wreck[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] & I will arrange a call back for you.[/font]

Rang back and got sorted Pamela, sound! Phone line working already, rapid.

• Advertisement

[font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Head Wreck,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]that's great to hear :D [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Let[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]me[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]know if you need any further assistance.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Head Wreck,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]that's great to hear :D [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Let[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]me[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]know if you need any further assistance.[/font]

Hi Pamela,

Would you have any follow up on my original post and PMs?

Hi Pamela,

Apologies for the delay, I have quite a few PM's today. 
    I'll be back to you shortly stephentbb2000.

-Pamela 

Hi Pamela,

-Pamela 
    Thanks for your time Pamela!

Hi Pamela,

-Pamela 
    Thanks for your time Pamela!
    No problem at all  stephentbb2000 :D

-Pamela

Advertisement