Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannabis/Hemp Products/Medicinal/Legal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,262 ✭✭✭jh79

mulbot wrote: »
    I would.

Synthetics may be created,really only to create profit in The Pharma Industry

Pharma industry exists because natural products do not make good medicine. Which would you prefer an aspirin or a piece of willow bark?

mulbot, do you agree with the findings of the HPRA report?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

jh79 wrote: »
    Pharma industry exists because natural products do not make good medicine. Which would you prefer an aspirin or a piece of willow bark?

Which would your prefer some Prozac or some Sacred Blue Lotus.

The Egyptians weren't carving it into stone for nothing.

Great bunch of lads.

Take it your a cat person?

• Advertisement

The Psychoactive Substances Act is the biggest infraction on basic human rights since time began.
    It no doubt will be torn up by some generation.

The Psychoactive Substances Act is the biggest infraction on basic human rights since time began.
    It no doubt will be torn up by some generation.

Is going on a mad one a basic human right?

Is going on a mad one a basic human right?

Hell ya!

This is Slave Nation if they actually enforced the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭mulbot

mulbot, do you agree with the findings of the HPRA report?

I respect the findings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

Fair point, lack of evidence of effect does not mean lack of effect but in my opinion it wouldn't be an area worthy of investment unless the aim was a synthetic analogue.

Do you think the plant has shown potential in its natural state outside of spasticity, nausea and epilepsy?

I'm not really familiar on the literature on it, but from what I have read I don't think there's enough evidence either way to say it has potential or that it's not worthy of investment. Research on it has been hampered by the legal status of cannabis and I would hope that due to the global moves to relax restriction would facilitate better quality trials to be conducted.

While a synthetic analogue would offer obvious advantages over cannabis plant in terms of standardising and ensuring quality, I think you're getting ahead of yourself saying it's the only way forward. Extracts from the cannabis plant could be standardised or isolating naturally occurring cannabinoids could also be useful therapeutic candidates, and would cut down on some drug development time too.
    Pharma industry exists because natural products do not make good medicine.

Not true, morphine and codeine both occur naturally in the opium poppy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Boring an entire thread into submission yet again.

Jayop wrote: »

So what do you think of the HPRA report?

You should email HPRA all the research you were not willing to share here!!

You should email HPRA all the research you were not willing to share here!!

How many times have you asked people have they read that report?

How many times have you asked people have they read that report?

Have you?

Have you?

That's not really any of your business, but you carry on trying to stifle conversation and bore everyone into leaving the thread.

Speaking of boring, how lazy is this

http://www.seedolab.com

Wonder will it be covered under health insurance for the listed illnesses. : )

They can't take my money fast enough!!

Speaking of boring, how lazy is this

http://www.seedolab.com

Wonder will it be covered under health insurance for the listed illnesses. : )

They can't take my money fast enough!!

Sticky fingers not part of the fun?

The least effort the better, that's going to be a massive seller if it works. Not everybody wants to be Duncan Stewart.

Ginos bill is back before the Oireachtas in a few weeks, the timeline was always before Easter for the bill to have went the full way.

Gino not happy with this chap

Dr Michael Harty, who chairs the Oireachtas joint committee on health, welcomed the announcement and said Mr Kenny’s Bill was no longer needed, but the party believes the Bill will give “unrestricted access” for patients who need it.

Bull, it's discriminatory as it stands.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Ginos bill is back before the Oireachtas in a few weeks, the timeline was always before Easter for the bill to have went the full way.

Gino not happy with this chap

Dr Michael Harty, who chairs the Oireachtas joint committee on health, welcomed the announcement and said Mr Kenny’s Bill was no longer needed, but the party believes the Bill will give “unrestricted access” for patients who need it.

Bull, it's discriminatory as it stands.
    How do you mean discriminatory?

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    How do you mean discriminatory?

You have to have a severe problem before your not classed as a criminal.

It's meant to be great for period pains, should every women not be allowed access to it on that basis alone?

There's also another 697 reports they ignored when compiling their information here http://www.encod.org/info/700-MEDICINAL-USES-OF-CANNABIS.html

You have to have a severe problem before your not classed as a criminal.

It's meant to be great for period pains, should every women not be allowed access to it on that basis alone?

There's also another 697 reports they ignored when compiling their information here http://www.encod.org/info/700-MEDICINAL-USES-OF-CANNABIS.html

They didn't ignore anything there is only enough evidence for the 3 illnesses.

Read the report!

They didn't ignore anything there is only enough evidence for the 3 illnesses.

Read the report!

Should we ban religion then, as there's 2 billion Catholics with no evidence.

Should we ban religion then, as there's 2 billion Catholics with no evidence.

Good point. I wouldn't worry about it being approved only for 3 Illnesses. I suspect that's just opening the door softly for the full introduction,without causing a massive backlash.

I don't think anyone gives a hoot any more, there cautious about a backlash, from who though, I don't think the older generation care and can't see it costing votes. Maybe the teachers unions but I'd say that's the extent of it.

It'll be interisting to see how the bill progresses over the next few weeks, as I said earlier he's just done it to shut Vera up while everyone else kicked back and watched the movie.
    People aren't happy with the ending so far. He might have a few more people kicking up now as they were expecting access and didn't get it. They still remain criminals.

mulbot wrote: »
    Good point. I wouldn't worry about it being approved only for 3 Illnesses. I suspect that's just opening the door softly for the full introduction,without causing a massive backlash.

Very softly opening the door, only will be made available to people for whom all other treatments have failed.

The patient can't source their own, the gp must consider an approved cannabis based medicine first eg drobinol and if an unapproved one is required it has to be a quality controlled product such as Berocan or oils from Israel.

I don't think anyone gives a hoot any more, there cautious about a backlash, from who though, I don't think the older generation care and can't see it costing votes. Maybe the teachers unions but I'd say that's the extent of it.

It'll be interisting to see how the bill progresses over the next few weeks, as I said earlier he's just done it to shut Vera up while everyone else kicked back and watched the movie.
    People aren't happy with the ending so far. He might have a few more people kicking up now as they were expecting access and didn't get it. They still remain criminals.

Can't see FG, FF or SF going against the HPRA recommendations. Gino's bill is dead.

• Advertisement

Very softly opening the door, only will be made available to people for whom all other treatments have failed.

The patient can't source their own, the gp must consider an approved cannabis based medicine first eg drobinol and if an unapproved one is required it has to be a quality controlled product such as Berocan or oils from Israel.

Again,control for profit-this set up will change gradually.

Advertisement