Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannabis/Hemp Products/Medicinal/Legal

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

kleefarr wrote: »
    No reason to stay away from driving or operating heavy machinery, as the is no psychoactive component until heat is applied.

Where did you hear that?

Anyway, if you look, a toking driver is a safer driver. :)

Look where ?

oh yeah mann:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    Where did you hear that?

Look where ?

oh yeah mann:pac:

Not had much experience with cannabis have you.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/02/09/stoned-drivers-are-a-lot-safer-than-drunk-ones-new-federal-data-show/?utm_term=.a2d65d880993

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

"So, should we all assume that we're safe to blaze one and go for a joyride whenever the whimsy strikes us? Absolutely not. There's plenty of evidence showing that marijuana use impairs key driving skills. If you get really stoned and then get behind the wheel, you're asking for trouble."

From the same link

jh79 wrote: »
    "So, should we all assume that we're safe to blaze one and go for a joyride whenever the whimsy strikes us? Absolutely not. There's plenty of evidence showing that marijuana use impairs key driving skills. If you get really stoned and then get behind the wheel, you're asking for trouble."

From the same link

Well, obviously it down to you, but you would risk being disqualified from driving if caught as recent Garda info indicates. They recommend 24 hours before driving again.
    But then, if the data shows that it's even safer then driving while not using any drugs then what would be the sensible thing to do? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Not had much experience with actually reading the articles I cite have I.

FYP :pac:

• Advertisement

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    FYP :pac:

:)

That link is over 15 years old, we already have the reviews of this data. A modest effect with greater side effects.

We know it is less effective than what is already available and has more side effects, miracles ain't what they use to be.

That link is over 15 years old, we already have the reviews of this data. A modest effect with greater side effects.

Normally check the date, didn't this time. Posted by Norml Ireland, not that that lets me off the hook. lol

• Advertisement

We know it is less effective than what is already available and has more side effects, miracles ain't what they use to be.

Some we's think it is less effective and some we's think it more effect than the medication they are already on.

That's why people should be free to chose.

Some we's think it is less effective and some we's think it more effect than the medication they are already on.

That's why people should be free to chose.

With medicine your not free to chose the drugs you want, you're free to get a second opinion but it is still the docotors decision what you get.

Vera, Ming and Gino organised a publicity stunt where by her "medicine" was seized by customs today.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Vera, Ming and Gino organised a publicity stunt where by her "medicine" was seized by customs today.

Might be a smart move forcing their hand, wonder will it get any media attention. Can't see it anywhere, might have made more sense for Vera to get caught on her own.

Found it https://www.hotpress.com/news/EXCLUSIVE-Vera-Twomey-met-at-Dublin-Airport-by-sniffer-dog/20017441.html someone should tell her it's available in cork and pretty much anywhere else, lot of places will also post over from the states and Canada, no need to be jumping on a plane.
    I'm thinking this was a dumb move, I understand what she's at but she might have breezed through if she didn't publicise it first.

Found it https://www.hotpress.com/news/EXCLUSIVE-Vera-Twomey-met-at-Dublin-Airport-by-sniffer-dog/20017441.html someone should tell her it's available in cork and pretty much anywhere else, lot of places will also post over from the states and Canada, no need to be jumping on a plane.
    I'm thinking this was a dumb move, I understand what she's at but she might have breezed through if she didn't publicise it first.

They wanted to be caught. It's a stunt. Disappointed with her tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

They wanted to be caught. It's a stunt. Disappointed with her tbh.

why?

why?

For getting involved in a stunt like that.

If she wanted to get what she believes to be medicine she might of had more success on her own.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,437 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Remind me what your stance is on this again, because I could have sworn you were in favour of legalisation. Could be wrong though.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Remind me what your stance is on this again, because I could have sworn you were in favour of legalisation. Could be wrong though.

I am in favour of legalisation but not at the expense of evidence based medicine.

• Advertisement

Now her daughters medicine is confiscated, I'm struggling to see what's been achieved only for the kid to suffer more. Take her to California and get the prescription or grow your own and see what judge has the balls to lock her up for doing it.

I didn't think you could get an official prescription in Spain, did she just pay the €20 and join a medicinal cannabis club there (could be 80 of them in the city I think) and get the oil that way.

I am in favour of legalisation but not at the expense of evidence based medicine.

But the moment you legalise it, people are going to be able to choose whether they want to use it medically or recreationally

I dont see how medical-based eveidence can be expended - If a doctor does not wish to advise it, then so be it - the patient still has the freedom to go agasint the doctor's advice if they choose to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

For getting involved in a stunt like that.

If she wanted to get what she believes to be medicine she might of had more success on her own.

i doubt it was an attempt to get medicine for her child. she wants as much publicity as possible. she has achieved that. she is trying to shame the minister into doing something and i hope she succeeds.

That's why common sense needs to prevail and we get over this "it's medicine" bull****. Just make it legal to grow and let people do what they want with it bar try and pass it off as medicine until it's proven better than we already have.

But the moment you legalise it, people are going to be able to choose whether they want to use it medically or recreationally

I dont see how medical-based eveidence can be expended - If a doctor does not wish to advise it, then so be it - the patient still has the freedom to go agasint the doctor's advice if they choose to do so.

If it is given a licence then standards for medicine would have to be dropped considerably to faciltate it.

i doubt it was an attempt to get medicine for her child. she wants as much publicity as possible. she has achieved that. she is trying to shame the minister into doing something and i hope she succeeds.

She's not going to shame him into changing the way we approve medicine she's being a fool if she thinks she can. Legalisation for recreational use will solve her problem straight away she just won't be able to get a prescription from a doctor or get it free with insurance or a medical card.
    What she's after is free anyway so money isn't an issue just legality.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

Fair enough, without publicizing what she was doing and declaring what she had to customs she would have probably gotten the meds into the country.

I imagine had she been caught trying to illegally smuggle in THC then it would have serious implications for her campaign and also her credibility going forward.

At least this way she keeps everything above board and her fight continues no? Surely the narrative would have gone off in a completely different direction had she been caught illegally smuggling drugs into the country and Ming and Gino would probabaly start to distance themselves.

just my 2 cents.

The 3 amigos should hire a yacht sail back from morocco with a ton of their best...start to publicise it once in Irish waters and let customs chase them around the island a few times...won't be long catching the publics imagination then...wonder if there looking for a campaign manager...

If it is given a licence then standards for medicine would have to be dropped considerably to faciltate it.

So, how do you get around this?

• Advertisement

So, how do you get around this?

Get around what? It isn't medicine.

Advertisement