Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannabis/Hemp Products/Medicinal/Legal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Vera Twomey is going on Hunger strike outside the dail from Tuesday http://www.corkindependent.com/news/topics/articles/2017/04/27/4139118-furious-vera-i-will-refuse-food/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭mulbot

It won't last long if she has a pull of the green stuff😊

She lost a lot of supporters by her appearing at an anti water rally followed by her stunt with Ming the Merciless at Dublin Airport. She needs to devote all her energies to her daughter. She'd never forgive herself if, God forbid, her daughter had a fatal seizure while she was hours away.

She has my full support just think she's at nothing trying to get it classified as a medicine and gain access that way. Ming should know better he's been pushing for decriminalisation for a long time probably 20 years or more. He knows this needs the support of Fina Fail or Fina Gael to make it happen.
    She's aligned herself with the wrong political party unfourtnately. Can they rally those water protestors, something needs to happen and it needs to be big.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Has the little girl had the opportunity to try this treatment before, and has it been effective for her?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭koumi

I started using hemp derived CBD oil recently and I'm happy out with the results. I've always been a proponent of natural products, or at least that nature has provided everything we need and have used several other natural herbal oils with good results in the past. (I suffered a nasty form of athletes foot for years and nothing the doctor prescribed would get rid of it, after a bit of research I used oregano oil on it and it was gone in a week). The dosage is not great though and I would like to up it a bit but then it is recommended that you increase it over time.
    I don't use any other drugs and haven't had a drink in a while either so my system would be very sensitive to even the most subtle effects that others might not. Still though, for those who need it it is an amazing product.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭jh79

Has the little girl had the opportunity to try this treatment before, and has it been effective for her?

Don't think so, the cbd oil isn't working anymore and she wants to try the untested thc/cbd mix which has even less evidence of effectiveness.

jh79 wrote: »
    Don't think so, the cbd oil isn't working anymore and she wants to try the untested thc/cbd mix which has even less evidence of effectiveness.

CBD never worked for what she's after, the THC/CBD (or cannabis as it's usually known as) is straight up what Mother Nature crafted in the first place and that's what seems to work and that's what she needs.
    There's a lot a people out there saying that regular weed (oil, jelly, buds, vape) what ever way you want to take it will work for little Eva.
    Her mum knows it works she's not going to all this trouble on a hunch.

There are parents swearing by it for millennia, I don't think your looking in the right place for your evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

CBD never worked for what she's after, the THC/CBD (or cannabis as it's usually known as) is straight up what Mother Nature crafted in the first place and that's what seems to work and that's what she needs.
    There's a lot a people out there saying that regular weed (oil, jelly, buds, vape) what ever way you want to take it will work for little Eva.

There are parents swearing by it for millennia, I don't think your looking in the right place for your evidence.

Can you point us towards better evidence? Not being snarky. Genuine question.

I am looking in the right place , testimonials don't count.

• Advertisement

xckjoo wrote: »
    Can you point us towards better evidence? Not being snarky. Genuine question.

All we have at the moment is mainly word of mouth, the best evidence is some you can see and see it we can, this little chap was on the TV this morning https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/health/boy-with-epilepsy-using-cannabis-oil-cannot-return-to-ireland-1.2965512%3Fmode%3Damp
    There's another boy in cork that his parents done more or less the same thing and is also using THC in the oil.
    Vera Twomey wants it for her daughter legally, all the other mums are technically breaking the law and having to smuggle drugs into the country or take their children out of the country.

You can't overdose on weed/oil/whatever you want to call it, if these parents are saying it's working well then what more evidence do you need.

The law is a complete ass, if it was't these parents should be locked up for giving drugs to children. Everyone knows the law is wrong just none of the decision makers will touch the law with bargepole.

Simon Harris is getting the blame but why has nobody challenged Francis Fitzgerald, someone needs to take her to task, she is anti cannabis decriminalisation. Until the minister of justice weighs in behind this with support were stuck in this lulu land of burying our head in the sand while kids suffer, doesn't surprise me with Finna Fail and Fina Gaels track record of
    protecting children and keeping things hidden behind closed doors.
    I bet if Eva was Francis Fitzgeralds grand daughter we wouldn't be even here taking about it, the problem would be solved.

I am looking in the right place , testimonials don't count.

Why, of course they count. Can I remind you of the billion + Christians.

Why, of course they count. Can I remind you of the billion + Christians.

Not for medicine, it can guide further research but is not evidence in of itself of effectiveness.

Not for medicine, it can guide further researsh but is not evidence in of itself of effectiveness.

Cannabis in let's say Eva's case fits the definition of medicine. If you give it to her and it works it's medicine.
    It's not made in a factory by people in white suits and can't be prescribed by a doctor, hell it isn't even legal to plant a seed of it. It does not take from the fact it is medicne for some people.

I'm with you on not calling it a medicine just yet, but the evidence in what ever format can't be ignored.

Cannabis in let's say Eva's case fits the definition of medicine. If you give it to her and it works it's medicine.
    It's not made in a factory by people in white suits and can't be prescribed by a doctor, hell it isn't even legal to plant a seed of it. It does not take from the fact it is medicne for some people.

I'm with you on not calling it a medicine just yet, but the evidence in what ever format can't be ignored.

It's not medicine because there is insufficient evidence that it works nothing to do with it being a plant.

If you can't answer a basic question like what % it works for how can you call it medicine?

It's not medicine because there is insufficient evidence that it works nothing to do with it being a plant.

If you can't answer a basic question like what % it works for how can you call it medicine?

What's the % of people that Paracetamol works for?

mulbot wrote: »

I've no idea, are you saying this isn't known?

I've no idea, are you saying this isn't known?

No,are you?

I doubt they work personally but i am not familiar with regulation regarding OTCs.

I doubt they work personally but i am not familiar with regulation regarding OTCs.

Do you call it medicine?

• Advertisement

Do you call it medicine?

It's an OTC medicine and i'm not familiar with the research or regulation.

How is it relevant to weed? I need to know what point you are making before i comment.

You do realise that if you produce evidence that it is ineffective that the logical step is to remove paracetamol fron the market not licence weed. It is a complete non sequiter.

Oh and we all know that testimonial evidence supports its effectiveness so be careful as by introducing evidence that paracetamol isn't effective you are also showing how unreliable testimonials are.

It's an OTC medicine and i'm not familiar with the research or regulation.

How is it relevant to weed? I need to know what point you are making before i comment.

You just questioned another poster about how they could consider cannabis a medicine not knowing the %'s,yet you have no problem calling Paracetamol a medicine while not knowing a thing about it.,incl. what you questioned the other poster about.

You just questioned another poster about how they could consider cannabis a medicine not knowing the %'s,yet you have no problem calling Paracetamol a medicine while not knowing a thing about it.,incl. what you questioned the other poster about.

See my other posts

See my other posts

I read them,no relevance to my question to you. I was simply asking how you could consider one a medicine,yet you admit to not knowing a single detail about it

I read them,no relevance to my question to you. I was simply asking how you could consider one a medicine,yet you admit to not knowing a single detail about it

You honestly expect me to know the research behind every commercially available product? All of them?

Any replies to the other posts?

Can we agree what a medicine is? Without putting anything in front of the medicine.

To me it's anything that makes you better if your sick regardless of what it is.

We don't say medicinal exercise, yet if we prescribe it for obesity it is medicine as it can cure the problem. Should we start regulating exercise due to its mood altering effects and medicinal properties?

You honestly expect me to know the research behind every commercially available product? All of them?

Any replies to the other posts?

Using your logic in this thread,then it is expected to be able to show proof and links to back up claims, . I would expect of you what you expect of everyone else here.You still haven't answered why you consider Paracetamol a medicine.

• Advertisement

Can we agree what a medicine is? Without putting anything in front of the medicine.

To me it's anything that makes you better if your sick regardless of what it is.

We don't say medicinal exercise, yet if we prescribe it for obesity it is medicine as it can cure the problem. Should we start regulating exercise due to its mood altering effects and medicinal properties?

Medicine is anything that performs better than a placebo, does weed perform better than a placebo?

Advertisement