Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannabis/Hemp Products/Medicinal/Legal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

jh79 wrote: »
    How do you know garlic has an antibacterial effect?

It's just what it's well-known for, and I hoped there'd be some support for that in the studies. Like all of these herbal medicines, without scientific evidence,it's just a folk cure . There is some positive stuff about garlic here
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10594976

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Here's a story on what todays voting in the USA might mean for the spread of legalisation. After California the domino's will start to fall faster and faster in the coming years.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/25/us/marijuana-legalization-ballot-measures.html?_r=0

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

So yesterday. In addition to the madness of electing trump as president...

California, Nevada and Massachusetts voted for full recreational legalisation. The votes are still being counted in Maine and Arizona.

That's fifty million people living with full legalisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭kelledy

I use it recreationally , I don't read too much into medicinal benefits but 2 things it 100% could be used for is increased appetite and sleeping aide , nobody can deny this .
    It gives me a much better outlook on life , I never worry or get anxious , I have a full time job , play amatuer sports and have a decent life , I would prob smoke a joint 3 or 4 nights a week.
    If given the option I would ditch the tobacco and vape it but until it is legalised (which Sadly may be many years away) I cannot access decent vape oil .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

InTheTrees wrote: »
    So yesterday. In addition to the madness of electing trump as president...

California, Nevada and Massachusetts voted for full recreational legalisation. The votes are still being counted in Maine and Arizona.

That's fifty million people living with full legalisation.

Lucky people. To have the choice to or not to is a human right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

kleefarr wrote: »
    Lucky people. To have the choice to or not to is a human right.

I'm pro legalization but how the fcuk is having a spliff a human right ffs...come on like

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Depp wrote: »
    I'm pro legalization but how the fcuk is having a spliff a human right ffs...come on like

Freedom to choose whether to have a spliff or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

kleefarr wrote: »
    Freedom to choose whether to have a spliff or not.

wasn't aware the UN had updated the universal rights to include cannabis!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

Depp wrote: »

It is a bit hyperbolic to call it specifically a human right. But at the same time I think it is clear where they are coming from when they do.

They are referring to the concept of individual bodily autonomy and the choice one should have over what one does to, or with, ones own body.

Be that training it to the extreme in some sport of physical discipline, flooding it with recreational drugs, engaging it sexually with other consenting adults of any sex or sexuality, or ending it's life with dignity when illness or suffering or deterioration leads one to think the time is right.

So the eternal Human Right debate always comes down to where that line in the sand is drawn between individual autonomy, and the society/states right to limit it. The number of people who think that line should not be drawn SOMEWHERE are few. Most people merely differ on WHERE it should be.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭Clarebelly

More movement.....

"Berlin is on course to at least semi-legalising marijuana after a cross-party movement agreed on a ground-breaking pilot scheme.
    The capital’s Social Democrats, the Greens and the Left Party have agreed on a “controlled distribution of cannabis to adults” project."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/berlin-cannabis-marijuana-legalisation-scheme-germany-a7416151.html

• Advertisement

There has been a Bill proposed by PBP TD Gino Kenny which proposes the legalisation of medicinal cannabis. According to the Irish Times it has secured the support of Fianna Fáil, Sinn Féin, Labour, the Social Democrats, the Green Party and his colleagues in the Anti-Austerity Alliance. A number of other Independent TDs are likely to back it, with such a high level of support, it is anticipated that the bill will be passed.

What are your thoughts on this bill? A good or bad thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

If we can reclassify boredom as a medical condition I am willing to support this bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

If people are sick, give them medicine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Edups2.0

Fecking druggies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

Medical cannabis is a joke. They synthesized thc for trials, guess what. Nobody uses it to treat anything. It is not a treatment for anything. It merely makes the pain a bit easier to deal with. There are plenty better pain killers.

I'm all for legalizing cannabis altogether. I just hate the fact that some people with medical conditions seem to think they should be able to get stoned while the rest of us can't.

Watch the surge in illnesses if it happens. There will be a run on wheelbarrows and microwaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,473 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I've got a terminal case of Peter Tosh syndrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Cop on says that any compound that can be beneficially used to treat or alleviate a genuine medical condition should be considered on its merit.
    Cop out says that those who consider recreational use a right, inevitably ruin it for others.

FortySeven wrote: »
    Watch the surge in illnesses if it happens. There will be a run on wheelbarrows and microwaves.

"Me back hurts give us a wee toke"

FortySeven wrote: »
    Medical cannabis is a joke. They synthesized thc for trials, guess what. Nobody uses it to treat anything. It is not a treatment for anything. It merely makes the pain a bit easier to deal with. There are plenty better pain killers.

I'm all for legalizing cannabis altogether. I just hate the fact that some people with medical conditions seem to think they should be able to get stoned while the rest of us can't.

Well that's a load of boll0cks.

I had a very good friend who got MS at a young age. Cannabis was the only thing that stopped his muscle spasms which became increasingly severe. Smoking a wee bit of a spliff was the only way he was able to hold his kids in the last few months before he died.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

There has been a Bill proposed by PBP TD Gino Kenny which proposes the legalisation of medicinal cannabis. According to the Irish Times it has secured the support of Fianna Fáil, Sinn Féin, Labour, the Social Democrats, the Green Party and his colleagues in the Anti-Austerity Alliance. A number of other Independent TDs are likely to back it, with such a high level of support, it is anticipated that the bill will be passed.

What are your thoughts on this bill? A good or bad thing?

Gino Ginelli Kenny is just another one trick muppet who thinks he can get his beloved drugs legalised. A joke of a politician who's bill will never be passed!

I had a very good friend who got MS at a young age. Cannabis was the only thing that stopped his muscle spasms which became increasingly severe. Smoking a wee bit of a spliff was the only way he was able to hold his kids in the last few months before he died.

But that doesn't change the fact junkies will just use a sore back or leg as an excuse to get legal weed. While it's absolutely horrible that you're friend had to deal with that, it doesn't change the fact that most people in this country simply can't be trusted. And most doctors wouldn't prescribe it either to be fair.

Edups2.0 wrote: »
    But that doesn't change the fact junkies will just use a sore back or leg as an excuse to get legal weed. While it's absolutely horrible that you're friend had to deal with that, it doesn't change the fact that most people in this country simply can't be trusted. And most doctors wouldn't prescribe it either to be fair.

Weed junkies!

I've heard it all now.

There is no medical evidence that I am aware of that shows cannabis to be a more effective drug than any of the licenced drugs we have already for any condition.

People like getting stoned, it may well have antispadmodic tendencies, it might help appetite it may have pain altering properties but the facts are thin and we have many more clean drugs that don't involve ingesting all the other bits.

I'm sorry about your friend but one personal experience does not make a case. In america, medical marijuana has been used as a backdoor legalization. That's it. Legal high. Everyone got sick.

Like I say, legalise it. I think we should. Just don't do it under pretences. Just do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I had to smoke a joint just to be able to read yet another "legalise it" thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Fecking druggies.

Do ya like the odd drink?

Junkies/weed=lmaf

• Registered Users Posts: 16,204 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Most people can not be trusted? Should be just remove the right to vote, drive etc from them?

Cannabis is an amazing drug. For people on chemo it's one of the few things that can relieve pain and nausea.

But we all know that if we legalise it for cancer patients we'll have all the "Weed junkies" faking cancer just to get chemo so they can get weed.

Grayson wrote: »
    Most people can not be trusted? Should be just remove the right to vote, drive etc from them?

Cannabis is an amazing drug. For people on chemo it's one of the few things that can relieve pain and nausea.

But we all know that if we legalise it for cancer patients we'll have all the "Weed junkies" faking cancer just to get chemo so they can get weed.

Yea, but once they get their hands on it we all know they will just start shooting it up.. ..

• Advertisement

Grayson wrote: »

Cannabis is also a very good way to introduce carcinogens that cause cancer to your body. It's the uncomfortable truth. Nausea and pain v potential serious damage.

Again. I'm a firm believer in fully legalized weed. However. Cannabis just doesn't make sense in any medical way. The risks outweigh the benefits. Doctors will not go for this.

Push for full legalization as a recreational that is safer than alcohol with a potential for an enormous revenue stream for the government and it will be more likely.

Then all the sick folks can get it anyway.

Advertisement