Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannabis/Hemp Products/Medicinal/Legal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,258 ✭✭✭jh79

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/mother-organises-festival-to-celebrate-miracle-boy-who-is-300-days-seizurefree-after-cannabis-oil-treatment-36101889.html
    A young boy who once suffered up to 30 potentially fatal seizures a month hasn't had one in over 300 days and his family are celebrating by hosting a festival to raise awareness about the positive effects of cannabis oil.

After nine months there he was allowed home to Tyrone and his prescription was transferred to his local GP, he is now seizure free and has even had a cannabis oil named after him, Billy's Bud.

Vera should follow this families lead and stop playing politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

jh79 wrote: »
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/consultants-yet-to-seek-licences-for-cannabis-treatments-804806.html

However, he said yesterday, “as of now”, there was no application pending in his office for a licence to use medicinal cannabis.

“I have no such application. If I had such an application, it would be absolutely processed expeditiously.”

Mr Harris stressed that even when a compassionate access programme was operational later this year, medicinal cannabis would only be available to a patient when a consultant believes it should be.

“I am not making decisions about what medicine, authorised or otherwise, should be put into the body of any Irish citizen. That is a decision for a doctor.”

Was surprised at this story. Surely Vera is working with the Dpt of health on some sort of application?

Hope she isn't planning another publicity stunt like the trip to the "clinic" in Barcelona.
    Vera has tried to get her consultant to apply but they (the consultant) won't do it. She said in the press that the fact that cannabis is illegal in Ireland makes it very hard for a consultant to prescribe it. So she tried the application route but the doctor won't play ball (fear of litigation I assume?) 
    Re the story in Northern Ireland that boy seems to be doing great on cannaboid oil, Vera was also giving that to her daughter (she got that far in Ireland) but she said her daughter needed the stronger stuff THC and she had to go to Holland for that.

Lucuma wrote: »
    Vera has tried to get her consultant to apply but they (the consultant) won't do it. She said in the press that the fact that cannabis is illegal in Ireland makes it very hard for a consultant to prescribe it. So she tried the application route but the doctor won't play ball (fear of litigation I assume?) 
    Re the story in Northern Ireland that boy seems to be doing great on cannaboid oil, Vera was also giving that to her daughter (she got that far in Ireland) but she said her daughter needed the stronger stuff THC and she had to go to Holland for that.

CBD oil is perfectly legal in Ireland, for some reason Vera didn't know this and was campaigning for its legalisation initially.

Anyways the family in Tyrone are using a thc/cdb oil just like Vera wants. The minister approved the licence nearly a year ago.

This family offered to help Vera but then changed their mind. She said she needed to trust Vera before she shared any of the info she had.

I'm assuming she saw all the pseudoscience that Vera and Gino spread online and in the papers and the sad publicity stunt with the pretend prescription from Spain and decided to keep her distance.

My theory is that Vera is looking at a career in politics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

CBD oil is perfectly legal in Ireland, for some reason Vera didn't know this and was campaigning for its legalisation initially.
    I think it's moved on from that issue... so what she thinks will work NOW for the kid is CBD+THC.
    So at the moment the child is in Holland and I presume under some sort of legitimate medical care that is familiar with her needs. I'd like to hold off and see how she gets on.

Anyways the family in Tyrone are using a thc/cdb oil just like Vera wants. The minister approved the licence nearly a year ago.
    Do you know where the family got the medial sign off..... UK or Ireland?

This family offered to help Vera but then changed their mind. She said she needed to trust Vera before she shared any of the info she had.
    And im sure there have been a multitude of offers of help from people who would make it or smuggle it into the country too. But why should she have to go outside the law ...or the jurisdiction?
    I'm assuming she saw all the pseudoscience that Vera and Gino spread online and in the papers and the sad publicity stunt with the pretend prescription from Spain and decided to keep her distance.
    Well maybe so (we don't know!) but even if some of it is wacky 'cannabis cures cancer' promotion... I still think there's space to look into aspects of it as a treatment. Rather than saying if she's wrong about some things then everything she's saying must be wrong.
    Let's wait and see how the kid gets on... plus other clinical trials of course.
    My theory is that Vera is looking at a career in politics.
    Maybe so... she could do a ming on it. Although he had to learn quick that he had to much more for his constituents than banging the legalise it drum before he got in.
    usually it's the best way to get politicians motivated ... steal a couple of votes off them in a local election and they could easily be out of a job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

She's allowing her child to suffer so she can potentially have a career in politics despite never to my knowledge speaking out on any other issue? Disgusting assumptions to continuously make.

Also nice to see the biggest skeptic in the thread posting links showing a boys life being vastly improved by cbd oil.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

I think Ireland has a disgraceful liberal attitude towards drugs as it is, I blame the Judicial system and our politicians. There should be massive investment into new prisons and restore the death penalty. I think Drug Dealers and suppliers should just be executed or else give the Gardai the power to carry-out extra Judicial killings on these absolute scumbags.

Drug possession should carry a mandatory 1 year prison sentence with 5 years on the second offence and death on the third. Drugs are for the wasters and dregs of society and cause huge problems to normal people through crime and anti social behaviour.

On any single day you could walk around Dublin city centre and find every sort of misfit and strung out scumbag. These should be rounded up and be just made to disappear. Leftwing liberal policies have failed and a massive crackdown is what is needed.

Doltanian wrote: »
    I think Ireland has a disgraceful liberal attitude towards drugs as it is, I blame the Judicial system and our politicians. There should be massive investment into new prisons and restore the death penalty. I think Drug Dealers and suppliers should just be executed or else give the Gardai the power to carry-out extra Judicial killings on these absolute scumbags.

Drug possession should carry a mandatory 1 year prison sentence with 5 years on the second offence and death on the third. Drugs are for the wasters and dregs of society and cause huge problems to normal people through crime and anti social behaviour.

On any single day you could walk around Dublin city centre and find every sort of misfit and strung out scumbag. These should be rounded up and be just made to disappear. Leftwing liberal policies have failed and a massive crackdown is what is needed.

Because of the great results harsh sentences have proven to deliver in America?

Presume you'd include consumers of alcohol with that cohort!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

you should move to the Philippines. Their new president is your kind of leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Go back home Duterte!

• Advertisement

Jayop wrote: »
    Because of the great results harsh sentences have proven to deliver in America?

Incarcerated criminals are no threat to society outside, the death penalty has a 100% success rate to prevent reoffending.

I'm not even going to bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

I think Drug Dealers and suppliers should just be executed

Execute all pharmacists and destroy one of our most lucrative export industries? This doesn't really sound like you have put much thought into it.

srsly78 wrote: »
    Execute all pharmacists and destroy one of our most lucrative export industries? This doesn't really sound like you have put much thought into it.

illegal narcotics not Pharmaceuticals.

illegal narcotics not Pharmaceuticals.

so what about people with legal drugs that were not prescribed to them? should they be jailed as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Incarcerated criminals are no threat to society outside, the death penalty has a 100% success rate to prevent reoffending.

From praising mother Theresa to calls for the introduction of the death penalty for substance abusers :D:D:D:D

Thats an impressive belief structure you have there.

Jayop wrote: »
    She's allowing her child to suffer so she can potentially have a career in politics despite never to my knowledge speaking out on any other issue? Disgusting assumptions to continuously make.

Also nice to see the biggest skeptic in the thread posting links showing a boys life being vastly improved by cbd oil.

His life was improved by thc/cbd oil just like what Vera is after.

Can you offer an explanation as to why Vera can't manage what the other families have?

The cbd/thc oil seems to be working for that child which is great to see but because it is outside of a clinical trial we have no idea how the effectiveness applies to the general population.

Surely you don't need the limitations of a clinical trial with only one patient explained to you!

I think it's moved on from that issue... so what she thinks will work NOW for the kid is CBD+THC.
    So at the moment the child is in Holland and I presume under some sort of legitimate medical care that is familiar with her needs. I'd like to hold off and see how she gets on.

She is using cbd/thc oil just like the other child and is seizure free.

Do you know where the family got the medial sign off..... UK or Ireland?

That family went to the US for 9 months and Simon Harris then approved her licence for the THC based oil.

And im sure there have been a multitude of offers of help from people who would make it or smuggle it into the country too. But why should she have to go outside the law ...or the jurisdiction?

The help she was offering was to show her how to get it legally from the government.

Well maybe so (we don't know!) but even if some of it is wacky 'cannabis cures cancer' promotion... I still think there's space to look into aspects of it as a treatment. Rather than saying if she's wrong about some things then everything she's saying must be wrong.
    Let's wait and see how the kid gets on... plus other clinical trials of course.

Maybe so... she could do a ming on it. Although he had to learn quick that he had to much more for his constituents than banging the legalise it drum before he got in.
    usually it's the best way to get politicians motivated ... steal a couple of votes off them in a local election and they could easily be out of a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Snake Pliisken

Excellent post man, I definitely think that the police should be able to kill people whenever they feel like it - that hasn't blown up in anyone's faces before.

Shame on people who have become addicted to drugs, they should know better. It doesn't matter that addiction, poverty and lack of proper resources and education have plagued their families and communities for generations now. They should know better. Like you and me, us normal people.

It's definitely the lefties who have created a system that impoverishes people and makes them turn to drugs as a source of income or escape.

Great post. Very illuminating. Where can I subscribe to your newsletter?

Excellent post man, I definitely think that the police should be able to kill people whenever they feel like it - that hasn't blown up in anyone's faces before.

Shame on people who have become addicted to drugs, they should know better. It doesn't matter that addiction, poverty and lack of proper resources and education have plagued their families and communities for generations now. They should know better. Like you and me, us normal people.

It's definitely the lefties who have created a system that impoverishes people and makes them turn to drugs as a source of income or escape.

Great post. Very illuminating. Where can I subscribe to your newsletter?

the sarcasm, it burns, buuuuuuurns

• Advertisement

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/boy-with-epilepsy-using-cannabis-oil-cannot-return-to-ireland-1.2965512
    Interesting. So they managed to get the CBD + THC prescribed in Northern Ireland but Vera Twomey can't get it prescribed in ROI. I assume irish law/irish consultants are just more conservative?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I think Drug Dealers and suppliers should just be executed or else give the Gardai the power to carry-out extra Judicial killings on these absolute scumbags.

Extra power to Garda and death to dealers.
    Have you ever heard of Richard Wershe? An example of what you are suggesting and what can happen (Not cannabis, but it could be).

I am sure this video has been linked somewhere else in this thread, but just in case it has not here is the short version.
    This alone is a reason to legalise it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDYQN500rFU

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/boy-with-epilepsy-using-cannabis-oil-cannot-return-to-ireland-1.2965512
    Interesting. So they managed to get the CBD + THC prescribed in Northern Ireland but Vera Twomey can't get it prescribed in ROI. I assume irish law/irish consultants are just more conservative?

The same has happened down south too.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/cork-boy-3-gets-licence-to-use-cannabis-for-medicinal-purposes-1.2916977

The same has happened down south too.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/cork-boy-3-gets-licence-to-use-cannabis-for-medicinal-purposes-1.2916977
    Very interesting. That explains why Vera Twomey has left her daughter over in Holland so. She's obviously hoping to achieve the same thing that family did. You have to move abroad first, prove it's working first, then get the licence.

Hold on.... didn't the minister say recently he never received any licence .
    However, he said yesterday, “as of now”, there was no application pending in his office for a licence to use medicinal cannabis.

“I have no such application. If I had such an application, it would be absolutely processed expeditiously.”

So how did the boy get a licence!

Hold on.... didn't the minister say recently he never received any licence .

So how did the boy get a licence!

No, he said there are no applications for a licence in at the moment.

So they're following the same route I guess! Get a specialist to sign off on the treatment if it works under clinical supervision.
    It must be tough to have to leave your child in another country.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155584195865420&id=622680419

Got this from Vera's facebook it outlines the process for gettimg medical weed legally.

It's the consultant she needs to convince not Simon Harris.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Drugs in prison.. lol

Impossible%20drug%20war_zpsfkzibuzy.jpg~original

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

How much is a licence?

Advertisement