Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannabis/Hemp Products/Medicinal/Legal

Options
1616263646567»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Graces7 wrote: »

Oh dear! codeine paranoia? We are not in the US!

Here, we are talking about solpadeine, solpadol, tylex,

Containing from 8-30 mg of codeine.

Not the US oxycontin etc which are very different and animals.

codeine remains often the only safe and effective relief of certain kinds of pain. Without that relief I and many are reduced to a weary wreck.

Being on a stable effective dose for two decades is not like the US selling drugs and turning to street drugs.
    [/quote]

That's lovely for you Grace but personal anecdotes don't equate to much (beyond making you sound naive). I can counter your single example with half a dozen from the other side. My own wife was prescribed a very high dose of an oxy variant for pain management. She took a fraction of what they told her to and she was out of it for the day, binned the rest of it and was advised to lodge a complaint with the medical board by other medical professionals we know.

Opiates are no joke. Your cavalier attitude towards them is worrisome. People get hooked on over-the-counter solpadine all the time, never mind prescription level doses. You may remember that we are now supposed to be quizzed on our usage when we go to buy it? That wasn't introduced because pharmacists were finding the day too boring. And our health system is barely standing so I wouldn't trust it to thread that thin line between pain management and opiate addict.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,258 ✭✭✭jh79

Yvonne Cahalane, whose son Tristan was the first person in Ireland to be granted a licence for medicinal marijuana, is to stand as a Fine Gael candidate in West Cork local elections.

“When we were in a desperate situation, we asked for help, we asked everybody for help. We didn’t just focus on one political party. And despite this being a controversial issue, Fine Gael were the only ones who took this up and did something about it,” she said.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/cork-mother-who-paved-the-way-for-medicinal-cannabis-treatment-to-stand-for-election-888287.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Graces7 wrote: »
    What a terribly patronising and unacceptable offering. Wishing thee well and closing on you.

I didn't offer you anything Grace. Your views on opiates are naive in the extreme. I hope your pain is managed so you can be moved away from them before an issue arises. Part of me worries it's too late based on your post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

jh79 wrote: »
    Leo produced the infamous PBP "cannabis kills cancer" poster in the Dail yesterday. Poster in the link below.

Bad few days for Gino with his poor performance on Primetime too.

https://extra.ie/2017/03/06/featured/cannabis-kills-cancers-posters

He's probably the worst public figure that you could put up against the Grimdroid, he should have been matched with a pro medical cannabis doctor or scientist

Advertisement