Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car chase Celbridge

Options
  • 23-10-2016 8:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭

Anyone else woken up last night by the helicopter and sirens? Assume it was a chase following a break in... Anybody seen/read info this morning? Assume they didn't end up in the liffey this time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Two stories going around:

1) It's Santy!
    2) Guards picked up a guy and then his BMW…

A mid 00s Saab with no lights on passed me at about 1.30am just after Palmerstonwn .... he was absolutely fncking flying....120mph flying.... passed me on the left.

AGS car closely followed and 5/6 more AGS cars followed
    Minutes later.

Whatever this was about they weren't letting him go. Not surprised he headed for cell bridge as he had no chance of getting away on motorway.

It was no break in in cell bridge anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Yeah came through celbridge about 1.40. They crashed at the grotto and were caught, no damage done to grotto thank God.

I'd be curious what they did to warrant the attention they got, serious resources (number of AGS & costs) went into that pursuit and there was an element of danger too of course.

I would think it was something that they were watching for a while maybe, as there were like 4 or 5 squads, a van, an unmarked and the helicopter too. So maybe they knew something was going down and were ready. (I've no idea, pure guess work).

• Advertisement

I'm not 100% sure of location but just before it passed me I think an AGS car with flashing lights etc went the opposite direction to me, Ballyfermot ish turn off part of N4....

There was initially only 1 AGS vehicle following, the others were a few minutes away, I would think they responded to the call rather than bring part of whatever initially happened.

A friend of mine is a guard in naas, will be speaking with him later so I'll see what he's heard on it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

What does AGS mean ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Moonbeam wrote: »
    What does AGS mean ?

It's used on boards as shorthand for An Garda Síochána.

Nothing on KildareNow.com, Garda.ie press releases or anywhere else about this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement