Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I overpaying for my apartment share?

Options
  • 23-10-2016 10:02am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi guys

Myself and my partner are sharing a 2 bedroom apartment in The Beacon in Sandyford with one other full time working professional. We are paying 1,000 a month.

We have our own room and our own seperate bathroom, bills are included in the price (Broadband, Electricity, Heating, Basic TV, Water and Bin Charges).

Just wondering should this be the going rate?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Afroshack

1000 altogether for a room+bills at the beacon? that's excellent value!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Hi guys

Myself and my partner are sharing a 2 bedroom apartment in The Beacon in Sandyford with one other full time working professional. We are paying 1,000 a month.

We have our own room and our own seperate bathroom, bills are included in the price (Broadband, Electricity, Heating, Basic TV, Water and Bin Charges).

Just wondering should this be the going rate?

Cheers

Well if you didn't think that was the going rate, why did you pay it? Market rate is what someone will pay. Daft will tell you how much apartment shares in the Beacon are going for without the need to ask here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Can see it going to €1166.66 very soon if owner occupied.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

I would say that's excellent value with bills included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

500 each?

Thats really excellent for that location and bills included!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

500 each isn't bad at all and no bills?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I pay a third less for a one bedroom flat a 30 minute walk from Grafton Street, granted its in a pre-63 building that can be cold and there is a problem with mice - it is still preferably to paying a 1,000 for a room miles outside the city. I guess it all depends on what you want from your living space and location I suppose. I personally think they are paying over the odds because they are a couple, is 1,000 the going rate for a room in the Beacon? It does appear to be a lot more.

http://www.daft.ie/dublin-city/rooms-to-share/sandyford/?s%5Broom_type%5D=either&s%5Badvanced%5D=1&s%5Bgender%5D=on&searchSource=sharing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭A Happy Death

Thanks for the feedback guys

Yup, 500 each with no bills

I'll take your collective words for it that I'm not being over-charged :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

<mod snip>

I pay 466 for my own room in an apartment in D6. Not everyone is paying absurd rent.

Lux23 wrote: »
    I pay a third less for a one bedroom flat a 30 minute walk from Grafton Street, granted its in a pre-63 building that can be cold and there is a problem with mice - it is still preferably to paying a 1,000 for a room miles outside the city. I guess it all depends on what you want from your living space and location I suppose. I personally think they are paying over the odds because they are a couple, is 1,000 the going rate for a room in the Beacon? It does appear to be a lot more.

http://www.daft.ie/dublin-city/rooms-to-share/sandyford/?s%5Broom_type%5D=either&s%5Badvanced%5D=1&s%5Bgender%5D=on&searchSource=sharing

I work literally 10 seconds away so it suits me - bills alone a month would be pushing 150/200 and quite a lot of places wont take couples i dont think?

• Advertisement

Lux23 wrote: »

Having looked at that link, only 1 seems to accept couples :confused:

Advertisement