Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full Irish breakfast - Sligo town

Options
  • 23-10-2016 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Where does the best?

Planning a lads weekend and need this vital piece of information!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Larry SR wrote: »
    Where does the best?

Planning a lads weekend and need this vital piece of information!

Thanks.

Margaret's Cafe on the Finisklin Road does a fine breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

Pop out to Shells in Strandhill for a full irish, delicious :D they do great coffee and sweet stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

How many places in town do a traditional breakfast from 8am?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭curtisbrown

I hear good thing about Lyons' Cafe's breakfast

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Dringe123

Would totally recommend Lyons cafe..the best in my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

As it's a lads weekend, Margarets may not be an option, as not sure if open on Sunday's, and unless staying in the Strand, Shells is not going to be accessible, unless they have a designated driver.

It is a shame, as I am too, yet to discover that perfect spot in town, for a sit down breakfast on a Sunday morning.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Few years since i lived there.. wasn't there a place beside the cinema? Or was that just a coffee place?

Or does the rooftop in wine st car park do full Irish?

Or does the glasshouse/city hotel allow non residents pay for breakfast?

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Rooftop was very average last time I was there

It would be good to get a confirmed list of who does traditional breakfasts in town from 8am or earlier.

Last week I walked around town at 8am'ish, and couldn't find anywhere. Granted I forgot about the Rooftop and wasn't aware Lyons did traditional breakfast (sasuage, bacon eggs?). Do they?

Does the Swagman do a trad breakfast? What time from?

Kettleson wrote: »
    It would be good to get a confirmed list of who does traditional breakfasts in town from 8am or earlier.

Last week I walked around town at 8am'ish, and couldn't find anywhere. Granted I forgot about the Rooftop and wasn't aware Lyons did traditional breakfast (sasuage, bacon eggs?). Do they?

Does the Swagman do a trad breakfast? What time from?

Doubt you will get anywhere before 8am. Occasionally go to the roof top about 8.30 after the night shift, but it is very average.

Have seen Mooneys in Maugheraboy advertising breakfast, but think it's only from about 9 or 10 on wards, and at weekends.

Cannings Spar, across from the Sligo Park advertise breakfast, but it's not the traditional greasy spoon or cafe like Margerets or Shells that I think the OP might be after.

Would be great if the Swagman did. Very central, and it too, might suit the OP and the lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

The glasshouse breakfast is really good!

If you google Sligo Breakfasts, Trip Advisor comes up with "Top 10 Breakfasts Sligo" including Hargadons and Swagman. A bit of a red herring. Unreliable.

The Glasshouse looks the most likely place at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭curtisbrown

Actually, I've heard The Glasshouse breakfast is good too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Had a full irish in the Grapevine last Sunday morning and was stuffed after it. Very good

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davebirl

Best place for a man size Fry up breakfast is Molly Fultons - FACT!
    Best place for a Pancakes breakfast Osta.
    Best place to bring your lady friend for breakfast Shells in Strandhill, they all love Eggs Benedict there.

If you really want a fry up in town its probably best go to Lyons Cafe but I find it a little lacking.

davebirl wrote: »
    Best place for a man size Fry up breakfast is Molly Fultons - FACT!
    Best place for a Pancakes breakfast Osta.
    Best place to bring your lady friend for breakfast Shells in Strandhill, they all love Eggs Benedict there.

If you really want a fry up in town its probably best go to Lyons Cafe but I find it a little lacking.

But is Lyons open on a Sunday morning, when we are most in need of one.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davebirl

No Lyons on a Sunday, all others are open though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

If ya want something done right lads...............

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭sligo camper

...looks like a herebandb opportunity to me,,,,here in Sligo and breakfast:D

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭sligo camper

Seriously...try the Riverside for sunday?

• Advertisement

This could very rapidly descend into a liquid breakfast at the early house, wherever that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Does The Grapevine still do that big breakfast challenge? Don't open until 10am but I never heard of lads on a lads weekend get up early after a night on the sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Focus_sligo

Full Irish breakfast in osta is awesome, or eggs benedict in Knox. Nothing else about town comes close to either lately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Full Irish breakfast in osta is awesome, or eggs benedict in Knox. Nothing else about town comes close to either lately

I love going to Knox on a Sunday morning. They do a really nice Spanish breakfast. It's a pity that they do a normal fry on a Sunday morning.

Advertisement