Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf IV - All Hallows' Eve - GAME OVER - Villagers Win

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'm inclined to take Tiggers advice and go for Yoss tonight. But let's wait for the munch first before deciding.

Did Tigger mention why yossarian is the next suspect? It might be worth going through his post history.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Tigger wrote:
    last one hey ian yopu want yours done? ianis a daemon hes friends with molly he even made a point of stating hes voting for her i bet a millionthat they discjussed it nd then he did it and then he told us he did it

I think this is yoss?

Tigger wrote:
    here it is why for the record? the record will be read after the vote so no need nbohe wants it on the record

More here quoting yoss's intent to vote molly "for the record"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Finding it so hard to keep up - can anyone fill me on on how Tigger deduced any of what he did? Did he claim a role? Seems impossible to make as many claims as he did so early with any confidence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,918 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Finding it so hard to keep up - can anyone fill me on on how Tigger deduced any of what he did? Did he claim a role? Seems impossible to make as many claims as he did so early with any confidence.

i'm as lost as you are TBH. a broken closk is right twice a day

More here quoting yoss's intent to vote molly "for the record"

why fixated on 'for the record'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

A Neurotic wrote: »

Either he's a psychological mastermind, or else he's just really lucky with flipping a coin. :D

He reckoned Molly because she mentioned Dracula a lot in her posts, and also because she was over-defensive about the conversion yesterday.

why fixated on 'for the record'?

Im not, that was where tigs was putting the emphasis, I couldn't quote fully from mobile so added that to convey tigs point. I can quote it properly from desktop later

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

As I said last night, I think I've seen what Tig has seen with Y0sser. Same as Molly essentially, lots of focus on the vamps. The only question id have is is he a ghoul or is he VH? If I'm still around after the munch I'll post a list of my thoughts on everyone so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

Occured to me that if yoss is actually a demon hes either lucy or shifter. If hes shifter and seems set for lynch tonight then hell likely sacrifice this turn to get a new demon body. Unless mike or drac would be so kind as to make all our jobs easier...

MOD: can you confirm timings woykd work on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

tritium wrote: »
    Occured to me that if yoss is actually a demon hes either lucy or shifter. If hes shifter and seems set for lynch tonight then hell likely sacrifice this turn to get a new demon body. Unless mike or drac would be so kind as to make all our jobs easier...

MOD: can you confirm timings woykd work on this?

clarification

It will go on time stamps whenever any vote or action was confirmed. For example if Dracula put in an order to convert a player, and then the thing put in a shapeshifter order, Dracula would get the player and the shapeshift would fail.

sullivlo wrote: »
    The Thing: The Thing has to ability to sacrifice themselves to shapeshift into any player to become a part of the Demon team, but only during the night phase. This shapeshift can be blocked by hero(Dean). If The Thing tries to shapeshift into a vampire it will fail and reveal their identity to the vampires.

Just to fully understand this concept: this player will appear as a villager until they decide to shapeshift into a demon?

Just to fully understand this concept: this player will appear as a villager until they decide to shapeshift into a demon?

I understood it as The Thing can choose someone to shapeshift into. If I was the thing and I chose you, basically you'd become a demon and I'd die. Is that how everyone else understands it?

As I said last night, I think I've seen what Tig has seen with Y0sser. Same as Molly essentially, lots of focus on the vamps. The only question id have is is he a ghoul or is he VH? If I'm still around after the munch I'll post a list of my thoughts on everyone so far.

thats confiirmation bias if ever i heard. your looking for a result to suit your narrative. while your at it, pull up all the times i also focused on the demons and myers

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I understood it as The Thing can choose someone to shapeshift into. If I was the thing and I chose you, basically you'd become a demon and I'd die. Is that how everyone else understands it?

Yep

thats confiirmation bias if ever i heard. your looking for a result to suit your narrative. while your at it, pull up all the times i also focused on the demons and myers

Dude, Tig called you out, not me. If you were actually a villager you wouldn't want is to ignore him advice based on his hit rate so far. I'm looking for the reasons he might have picked you. I think I have the post he based it on, but it's a guess. I'm no Tig. I just don't know if you're potentially VH so I don't want to call the post out on thread.

I agree with you, my first thought was confirmation bias when I read that. However, given Tigger's staggering strike rate I don't see how we can ignore him on this. He called me out in game two, I know how annoying it is, but them's the breaks.

I agree with you, my first thought was confirmation bias when I read that. However, given Tigger's staggering strike rate I don't see how we can ignore him on this. He called me out in game two, I know how annoying it is, but them's the breaks.
    Can fully see why you might think that but others here are blindly advocating lynching y0sser on Tig's word. Not even Tig expects us to do that, he provides his thinking even if we can't follow it. I'm trying to channel my inner tigger here and review the posts looking for what might have been evident to Tigger. That's actually the opposite of confirmation bias in my opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Correct

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Nopeare

The other thing to take note from the rules, from my reading is that the thing can only shapeshift during the night phase.

So if Tigger is right and yoss is a demon, there is a 50/50 chance of them being the thing, but since the lynch is through the day phase they can't panic last minute and shapeshift, which is an advantage to the village as there can't be a converted demon unless they did it before which we would be aware of as 2 people would be dead.

Wanted to wait till 10 before posting so they couldn't get it in last minute on the chance they're the thing

Nopeare wrote: »
    The other thing to take note from the rules, from my reading is that the thing can only shapeshift during the night phase.

So if Tigger is right and yoss is a demon, there is a 50/50 chance of them being the thing, but since the lynch is through the day phase they can't panic last minute and shapeshift, which is an advantage to the village as there can't be a converted demon unless they did it before which we would be aware of as 2 people would be dead.

Wanted to wait till 10 before posting so they couldn't get it in last minute on the chance they're the thing
    Oh great point, I overlooked that part. So basically if the thing wants to shapeshift now then they would need to already need to have locked it in by now right? Otherwise they can't do so until after the lynch tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Villagers woke happy. Their successful lynch of a demon brought them comfort. They also mourned the loss of Tigger - his powers of prediction certainly made for some interesting mud slinging. However is Tigger one of those rare people who can really see through a persons soul? Or was he simply a lucky, lucky boy whose mud slinging was bound to stick to one of the many accusations he made? After all, lots of the villagers wanted him dead and worried he couldn't be trusted. Did mollies fellow demons vote for Tigger to try save their leader? They don't think like this right now though. They have bigger things to worry about. They woke to discover two dead bodies thrown together on the square.

Speculation was rife amongst the villagers as to whether Dracula had been killed. They waited with baited breath to see what the vampire team would do. They chose to kill, leaving the village in suspense for another 24 hours.

Mike is interesting. They're wandering around after their kill, now covered in blood, however it is going unnoticed. Villagers see Mike. They have the chats - typical Irish catastrophe discussion "awful sad, awful sad" says Mike, to be met with the response "sure I only saw them picking pumpkins in the field yesterday", and cries of "won't somebody think of the children". Mike slips away back into the shadows to kill another day. If they choose to of course.

Meanwhile, the demons were left reeling from the loss of their talis(wo)man, leaving them in disarray and undecided who they would kill to extract revenge for mollys untimely lynch.

Meanwhile, the lunatic is beginning to have an existential crisis. Getting out of bed this morning they could be heard mumbling "I don't feel like myself today. I think I'm coming down with a dose of something." - little did they know that they were in the throes of the ultimate realisation that their entire existence up to now has been a lie, and that their life is about to change throughout the course of the next 24 hours.

Have the Exorcist, Donnie and the shining survived? And can they guide the villagers to help them save themselves (and filter out the baddies), or are they too afraid to put themselves for fear that they'll draw attention to themselves? Who is VH keeping an eye on? Have the Winchesters survived? Can Donnie even be trusted if they do come forward? After all, not everything is as it seems...

RIP to Yosser and Digital Solitude.

The lynch form is now open. Vote early, but not too often because it's a pain in the bum sifting through all of the responses (not that I would know)

Two dead and not three? I thought Mike, demons and vampires all had a kill. Is the line about disarray just a poetic license or did the demons forget to put in a kill?

Wait there is only two kills?

Wut

Sounds like the demons didn't put in a kill order.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

Mod im confused are you saying vamps killed someone in the post above, reads like it but want to check.

Yoss? Guessing he managed to shapeshift?

Maybe the same person was attacked twice? The murder of Yossarian is a strange one. He was the prime suspect to be lynched tonight. I don't understand why the evil team wouldn't want to leave that up to us to do the lynching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

In the words of sully *best deep halloween voice*

All is not what they seem to be...

Advertisement