Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf IV - All Hallows' Eve - GAME OVER - Villagers Win

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

gufc21 wrote:
    Of course you will... as will any badie. Hide in the crowd is the safest bet sure.

What I'm saying is, I guarantee I won't come up with any half-hearted defenses of anyone suspect or try and deflect attention away from a suspect, as a skilful baddie might. I'm posting this now as a guarantee - feel free to quote it later as evidence against me, but you won't need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Does the lunatic already know he/she is the lunatic?
    sullivlo wrote: »
    Yes.

That is a shame, was hoping to see how someone would play getting the switch flipped on them!

No idea who to go for tonight. Was half thinking of GUF21 or whatever they are called.

Right, just cast my vote for gufc in the absence of any other vague consensus. Off to make dinner so I'll check in again in an hour or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I cast a vote for The Dazzler as a placeholder, will keep checking back and update if necessary

I'd say that I've found the game confusing so far. It's hard to make any sense of what has happened so far. Also difficult to follow on the phone version

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Right, I've tried my hand at a bit of sleuthing, looking at posters who are middle of the road post count wise but with little impact on the game. Xaracatz is one who has caught my attention at the moment and I think they might be Lucifer.
    Xaracatz wrote: »
    This isn't the friendly village from round 1! Anybody cutting hay / pumpkins?

Anyway, the seer role is diminished a lot this time, 'cause three roles will be revealed incorrectly. And then people's roles may change if they get converted. The hero will die if he protects a victim. The Shining will learn tonight who the seer is.

Do we start off with one demon and one vampire and they have to convert, or is there a demon and vampire team already?

You've read the rules to the extent that you're making a call on the strength of the seer in the game but don't know how many demons are starting. Could be an attempt to distance from the evil side by appearing ignorant.

It's here that I go a bit Tigger-esque. You post several times about the vampire threat while giving no mention of demons. This was one of the clues that supposedly gave Molly away too.
    Think about Tigger is he's good (in a game playing sense). So, unless he's Dracula - in which case God help us all - he'll be looking to out baddies as well as goodies I reckon. Keep on with a healthy dose of suspicion as said.

But if he's Dracula we're fcked!
    Ok - that's very true. The vampires have a real disadvantage on that. If any vampire is tracked then the lot of them are wiped out.
    Think about Tigger is he's good (in a game playing sense). So, unless he's Dracula - in which case God help us all - he'll be looking to out baddies as well as goodies I reckon. Keep on with a healthy dose of suspicion as said.

But if he's Dracula we're fcked!

You even talk with Molly about vampires a couple of times.
    Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Yeah coz we saw how well that worked out for us in the second game! :(
    Yah - I'm just being optimistic. :pac: 'Cause otherwise we're gonna be overrun with vampires. And they suck.. :p
    Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I don't think anyone should be saying what they are the the moment. True, no one will believe you anyway, but I think our best tactic in this game is going to be confusion. We CANNOT let dracula just have guaranteed villagers to turn every night or he'll swell his ranks. Everyone should just keep quiet and see how it plays out. It's hard enough for the Donnie Darko character to figure out who's who in this game.
    But that's so boring!!

Agreed we need to figure Dr. Acula out. And we don't know anything tonight anyway. A bit of blind luck and with the Seer also being lucky, and we could get a mega-advantage quite early on.

I may be way off the mark here, but I think there is as much here against you as there was Molly and look how that turned out. I'd be grateful if some of our better players could pick this apart/ investigate it themselves

I know it is still early but is there any point in utilising the fact we have double exorcist/seer roles and we decide that the two come out at certain times and give all the info and after another couple of days (if the apprentice are alive) they do the same so we have all the info on thread?

Shame we have no Dean to protect but we still have double roles which will help us a good bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

gufc21 wrote: »
    Barney me questioning if i was dead was because i was late to the party.

I'd understand that more if we weren't getting PMs to tell us if we die during games. I know it's not much to go on and might have been a joke, but without yosser to vote for I'm between you and crosstownk (albeit less convinced of that than I was yesterday, and I wasn't too convinced yesterday).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,058 ✭✭✭Guffy

Dean didn't actually protect afaik, he just killed the person who attacked them.

I'm voting for A Neurotic. I'm on the phone so can't multi quote. first post was yesterday claiming boards wouldn't let him post,this was only after he was called out for having a zero post count.

After that there was nothing of consequence other than to try and invalidate tiggers claim by saying it was to early to cast asperations. Deamon?? I don't know but also spoke about vamps and not deamons, which was a reason for molly, right?

Absolutely nothing to do with him voting for me

Dont know if ill be back on before 9 but seen as i have a few votes at this stage all i can say is...

I have genuinely been sick/working so up until today had not been following the thread properly.

• Advertisement

cee_jay wrote: »
    Mrs Flushdraw has a lot more substance there and I think is OK.
    party jungle has posted on thread since my last post and hasn't defended his position in the slightest.
    Dazzler/ partyjungle what say ye?

Okay my perspective so far.

I've only just got the hang of the rules of this game. It's been more confusing than the last one. I haven't been posting since I haven't got much to say. Most of my posts have been clarification of the rules. Frankly, I was disappointed to be be a villager again so slightly lost interest from day one. I think there are too many players in these games and couple that with some over enthusiastic posters; it can be hard to keep up. Anytime I sat down to get a hang of what was going on, I got "distracted":

tumblr_lvyp7mHOnk1qi9t6eo1_1280.png

I have nothing useful to add really. I will probably vote gufc in the interest of self preservation. I get some proper reading done tonight and try become a useful member of the village.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I'm very suspicious of Xaracatz

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

I'm probably not going ton be online much for the rest of the evening so post cast for Dazzler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

Chagan wrote: »
    Right, I've tried my hand at a bit of sleuthing, looking at posters who are middle of the road post count wise but with little impact on the game. Xaracatz is one who has caught my attention at the moment and I think they might be Lucifer.

You've read the rules to the extent that you're making a call on the strength of the seer in the game but don't know how many demons are starting. Could be an attempt to distance from the evil side by appearing ignorant.

It's here that I go a bit Tigger-esque. You post several times about the vampire threat while giving no mention of demons. This was one of the clues that supposedly gave Molly away too.

You even talk with Molly about vampires a couple of times.

I may be way off the mark here, but I think there is as much here against you as there was Molly and look how that turned out. I'd be grateful if some of our better players could pick this apart/ investigate it themselves

You are.

I'm going to say that Mrs. Flushdraw is really quiet this game - she wasn't last time.. I'm still suspicious of Mahama also - more for the posting style. Just putting those two out there - possibly to my detriment. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

That is a shame, was hoping to see how someone would play getting the switch flipped on them!

No idea who to go for tonight. Was half thinking of GUF21 or whatever they are called.

They knew they were the lunatic. They only find out their true identity tonight via PM. So they have been playing as a certain role, and now they're changing role.

It could be something simple, like the exorcist becomes the seer. Or it could be a little bit darker.

#NotEverythingIsAsItSeems

Jaysus - just after I reply to the other post. Why are you very suspicious about me?

You are.

I'm going to say that Mrs. Flushdraw is really quiet this game - she wasn't last time.. I'm still suspicious of Mahama also - more for the posting style. Just putting those two out there - possibly to my detriment. :/

It has been way too confusing a game and I wasn't going to just post to get my post count up. Was trying harder to post with something useful than just noise as we had enough noise with Tigger yesterday and Mick today.

I do agree on Mahama being different and was going to point that out.

Still think that GUf is a baddie and Partyjungle's post making out he is a disinterested villager is a bit weird and got my radar on them

Going to go for GUFC for tonight, going to be getting the kids to bed and watch a movie so might not get back on till after lynch.

It has been way too confusing a game and I wasn't going to just post to get my post count up. Was trying harder to post with something useful than just noise as we had enough noise with Tigger yesterday and Mick today.

I do agree on Mahama being different and was going to point that out.

Still think that GUf is a baddie and Partyjungle's post making out he is a disinterested villager is a bit weird and got my radar on them

Going to go for GUFC for tonight, going to be getting the kids to bed and watch a movie so might not get back on till after lynch.

Yah - I agree with not just posting for the sake of posting. It's tough to work out right now, but it's boring not to post. But everybody's paranoid!!

I can go with GUFC, but I don't feel strongly about them, and they were very quiet last game and turned out to be a villager. I'd prefer to go with Mahama if possible.

I'm voting for A Neurotic. I'm on the phone so can't multi quote. first post was yesterday claiming boards wouldn't let him post,this was only after he was called out for having a zero post count.

After that there was nothing of consequence other than to try and invalidate tiggers claim by saying it was to early to cast asperations. Deamon?? I don't know but also spoke about vamps and not deamons, which was a reason for molly, right?

Absolutely nothing to do with him voting for me

1) I knew the not being able to post thing would sound dodgy, was so thankful that there aren't tasks in this game or I would have been stinking of task. What happened was that I hadn't properly applied for access to the forum. I could read the threads fine but when I thought I was posting on the mobile app nothing was going up. I only twigged it a few hours after I thought I'd first posted. After I twigged it I PMd a mod and they granted full access.

2) I had no intention of trying to "invalidate" Tigger's claims - the results speak for themselves. I was genuinely baffled as to how he seemed to know so much and was wondering if he'd come out as a role to support his arguments. And there was no way in f*ck I was going back over his many, many posts to try and figure it out, on the mobile app.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Ok. There seems to be a few theories getting bounced around. A fair few have gufc in their sights and I think it's purely based on post count. I get that roled players may be staying low but remember that quite a few villagers have roles and they maybe sitting tight in an effort to avoid the limelight/suspicion. Hitting a low poster has as much a chance of taking out a roled villager as a roled evil player. We went after low posters in the last game and suceeded in lynching a few villagers in the process.

That said, I'm agree with some earlier posts that are highlighting posters who are less active than we would expect.

I'm also curious as to why Barney is considering voting for me again :(

• Advertisement

You are.

Perhaps but the village seems to be in a similar situation suspects wise as it was 24 hours ago. I went with Molly last night because she had the strongest line of evidence presented against her. Tonight I feel it's against you so I'll likely vote accordingly.

It looks like the group is going to go down the low poster route anyway.

Chagan has convinced me. I'm voting xaracatz

For any reason other than the ones I suggested?

Chagan has convinced me. I'm voting xaracatz

Ok - fine.

Just on Chagan's first point:

I knew what the seer was from the last game. I thought there would be teams made up already like the last game. Sorry for being stupid.

To be honest - I'd be suspicious of people jumping on bandwagons.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I like Chagan's argument against Xara better than my own argument against Gufc to be honest. Tempted to switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Nopeare

Can anyone one give me a summary of the past few pages since about 5pm? Need to get my vote in still and my head was melted earlier trying to understand everything or get a theory together

Not trying to be lazy, got a call off my girlfriend that my son had a temp and broken out in a rash all over his body so been in the doctors since I left work... All ok he's a viral infection so will Bo fine after a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I like Chagan's argument against Xara better than my own argument against Gufc to be honest. Tempted to switch.

I like Chagan's argument better than just targeting a low poster. I'm not 100% convinced though.

Home earlier than i thought. Gona change to xar out of self preservation.

Tbh though the argument against me is very weak at best and am suspicious of the people who are jumping on that bandwagon though

A Neurotic wrote: »
    1) I knew the not being able to post thing would sound dodgy, was so thankful that there aren't tasks in this game or I would have been stinking of task. What happened was that I hadn't properly applied for access to the forum. I could read the threads fine but when I thought I was posting on the mobile app nothing was going up. I only twigged it a few hours after I thought I'd first posted. After I twigged it I PMd a mod and they granted full

Is that something that can be confirmed by a mod or is it something we just have to accept?

• Advertisement

Home earlier than i thought. Gona change to xar out of self preservation.

Tbh though the argument against me is very weak at best and am suspicious of the people who are jumping on that bandwagon though

Actually no... there os no need for me to "preserve myself".... im a villager woth no role so if i get lynched i get lynched.

Sticking with neurotic

Advertisement