Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf IV - All Hallows' Eve - GAME OVER - Villagers Win

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Xaracatz wrote: »
    That's disingenuous. You're throwing around suspicions left, right and centre. Not just against me. I think that - in itself - is cause for concern. I think maybe you were turned.

Do reckon I'd be a better villager if I kept quiet and tried to save my own skin? Sure if we all did that we wouldn't get very far. I've announced suspicions of maybe 4 people so far? And I've laid out my reasons for people to make up their own minds. That's how an actual villager behaves.

Is there anything to stop the hero protecting the same person every night? Just says that they have to pick a player in the rules, doesn't say it always has to be a different one.

As above, the priest can potentially be protected two nights in a row? Maybe even three! It's not that they can't get their info out, I know they can post at 10 on the button, I've done that myself. If the priest comes out now we are guaranteed to have the priest in the morning to read the one or two bodies we find. We are also guaranteed the priest for the evening lynch. That's a lot of bodies on top of their existing info. That's only if the Hero knows who to protect.

Now, if the hero already knows who the priest is, fair enough. No need to come out. Otherwise there is a good chance of losing the priest tomorrow morn. Yeah they'll be able to get us the info we have gained until now but we're potentially losing reads on the morning bodies and the afternoon lynch victim.

I get what you're saying but if the priest announces at 10 we get their info and they likely survive without any need of protection. Even if they get unlucky and die, they will be replaced by another priest. Although I suppose that requires the assumption that both priests are still alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

Do reckon I'd be a better villager if I kept quiet and tried to save my own skin? Sure if we all did that we wouldn't get very far. I've announced suspicions of maybe 4 people so far? And I've laid out my reasons for people to make up their own minds. That's how an actual villager behaves.

Well - if villagers survive by keeping quiet, then - yes - you would be a better villager that way. You're a more experienced player. I'm pretty sure you've been turned. That was an odd defense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I get what you're saying but if the priest announces at 10 we get their info and they likely survive without any need of protection. Even if they get unlucky and die, they will be replaced by another priest. Although I suppose that requires the assumption that both priests are still alive.

See also: not possessed by yosser or converted by the vamps. We literally can't trust anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

and haven't been shape shifted in to

• Advertisement

Well - if villagers survive by keeping quiet, then - yes - you would be a better villager that way. You're a more experienced player. I'm pretty sure you've been turned. That was an odd defense.

I want to win, not surivive. We can't win if we all keep quiet. We can only win by spooking and grilling you bad guys. There's no way you don't understand that. It's funny, you've brought me from "yeah that's the most compelling candidate out of a bad lot, thanks Chagan, " to near certainty of your guilt.

Anyway, if you can convince the village to pick me over you then more power to you, but you won't find me arguing all day to try and save myself. The village doesn't need me to win. As I said, good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

A Neurotic wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind some clarification if mods would be so kind:

1) So are we to take from this that Dean being given hero powers is to compensate for a villager being modkilled?

2) Is this a new mechanic for vampires generally or has the lunatic awoken into a new 'class' of vampire/a new vampire role? If they convert a player can that player then convert one more, etc?

Sam being given hero status because Shane was modkilled. Shane was a villager so it didn't seem fair.

The lunatic can convert one player only. That converted player can not convert further players.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I want to win, not surivive. We can't win if we all keep quiet. We can only win by spooking and grilling you bad guys. There's no way you don't understand that. It's funny, you've brought me from "yeah that's the most compelling candidate out of a bad lot, thanks Chagan, " to near certainty of your guilt.

Anyway, if you can convince the village to pick me over you then more power to you, but you won't find me arguing all day to try and save myself. The village doesn't need me to win. As I said, good luck.

Exactly. Team mentality rather than the 'save my skin' stuff that Xara is touting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

MOD, can you clarify if hero can protect the same person multiple days in a row?

Clarification
    Once Sam stays alive, Sam can protect anybody any night. Including Sam. It can be the same person every night if Sam desires.

sullivlo wrote: »
    Clarification
    Once Sam stays alive, Sam can protect anybody any night. Including Sam. It can be the same person every night if Sam desires.

This gets rid of the 9:59:59 outing of a role, does it not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I get what you're saying except for the bolded part.
    Unless we get crossover we lose three players tonight - 2 dead and 1 convert.
    16 still playing. That's roughly a 1 in 5 chance of getting the priest no?

Assuming that the apprentice priest hasn't been killed (or shapeshifted into, or converted) and neither has the priest, we've got a lot going for us. Not only does hero protecting the priest save him from death, it's also from conversion. Priest could come out at 10 with info, we start to trust him but he's also turned at 10. Apprentice priest doesn't come out unless the priest is killed, not converted.

You win by surviving though? It's parity with the teams against the villagers.

Yeah - I don't want to be arguing I'm finding you suspicious - for sure, but I'm out now for the night.

Surely only 1 or 2 dead tonight? 1 by the demons and 1 by the vamps if they choose to kill rather than convert.

Surely only 1 or 2 dead tonight? 1 by the demons and 1 by the vamps if they choose to kill rather than convert.

I imagine the vamps get a kill as well as a convert. The convert seemed like an extra power for the new vamp no? If there's another vamp alive surely they get their kill. Although now that you say it I did assume that but I'm absolutely not sure. That'd change the odds a lot but having the priest out and protected by the hero every day gives us a bulletproof priest!!

Yep - MM is on a night off. He's a solo, self centered ba5tard.

You win by surviving though? It's parity with the teams against the villagers.

No, I win by doing what I can to help the village root out your lot. It doesn't matter if I personally survive to the end. Showing even more that you haven't been thinking about the game from a villagers perspective. Dig up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

crosstownk wrote: »
    This gets rid of the 9:59:59 outing of a role, does it not?

This would make them invincible?

but having the priest out and protected by the hero every day gives us a bulletproof priest!!

Assuming he hasn't gone to the dark side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Unless the new vampire gets their own conversion while the vampire team gets the usual choice of kill/convert. Wasn't made clear.

No, I win by doing what I can to help the village root out your lot. It doesn't matter if I personally survive to the end. Showing even more that you haven't been thinking about the game from a villagers perspective. Dig up.

Ah Jeez. If you lose a villager, then every bad team increases its parity points. Am I wrong? Come on - I want to go to sleep!!!

• Advertisement

Assuming he hasn't gone to the dark side.
    That's the worry. But the longer we wait, the more likely it is that he's turned.
    Tbh, if the priest was now on the evil team, wouldn't they be trying to get protected? It'd be a great move for them. The fact that the priest still has the head down makes me think he's either fine or dead.
    Chagan wrote: »
    Unless the new vampire gets their own conversion while the vampire team gets the usual choice of kill/convert. Wasn't made clear.
    Also unclear on this.

Coming round to your way of thinking Mahama. We could be shagged if either Sam or the priest were shifted though. We will need to take nothing as gospel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Coming round to your way of thinking Mahama. We could be shagged if either Sam or the priest were shifted though. We will need to take nothing as gospel.

You and Manana are sounded bit like your trying to flush out seer/priest. While trying to create suspicion.

That may not be your intention. But it's coming across that way.

This would make them invincible?

Do you mean that would make Sam invincible? Nah. Even if Sam protects himself every night, once someone targets him he dies protecting himself but also takes down the enemy. But if Sam is protecting someone important (e.g. priest or VH) then they're safe coz if they're targeted then the enemy and Sam die.

Ah Jeez. If you lose a villager, then every bad team increases its parity points. Am I wrong? Come on - I want to go to sleep!!!

I'm not sure what you're asking or what point you're making? Obviously a villager doesn't WANT to die, but their life is less important than limited, valuable commodities like seer checks.

I'd rather be murdered by the baddies than lynched and If rather be lynched than seer checked.

You and Manana are sounded bit like your trying to flush out seer/priest. While trying to create suspicion.

Not intentional. I certainly think the seer needs to stay hidden, as does VH for now. But I do think we need the priest info. Can you see a flaw in the plan of the priest coming out and Sam protecting them? Right now it seems safer for the priest!!! All of this assumes the priest is still good though. Otherwise it's an awful move.

Fair enough, not my intention anyway. I can't speak to hers.

I don't agree. If the priest is alive then coming out now will help clarify the roles of the dead. He can be protected each and every night. The only problem will be if/when the seer comes out - then there'll be two to protect.

Any lynch results?

• Advertisement

I don't agree. If the priest is alive then coming out now will help clarify the roles of the dead. He can be protected each and every night. The only problem will be if/when the seer comes out - then there'll be two to protect.
    At this point, the seer should have had two checks right? Unless they've got guaranteed names, they should stay quiet.

Advertisement