Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf IV - All Hallows' Eve - GAME OVER - Villagers Win

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

9 PM.

You can request a statement from both. They are not obligated to provide a statement. However bonus points will be given to either villager (we're all villagers here) who can persuade us all that they deserve both parachutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

sullivlo wrote: »
    9 PM.

You can request a statement from both. They are not obligated to provide a statement. However bonus points will be given to either villager (we're all villagers here) who can persuade us all that they deserve both parachutes.

Can I have a parachute too?

That's a cocktail, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

sullivlo wrote: »
    9 PM.

No idea what that means. Ok, so we have some time. And apparently some parachutes. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

ok excuse the format, it's a cut and paste from Chagan's post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Xaracatz View Post
    This isn't the friendly village from round 1! Anybody cutting hay / pumpkins?

Anyway, the seer role is diminished a lot this time, 'cause three roles will be revealed incorrectly. And then people's roles may change if they get converted. The hero will die if he protects a victim. The Shining will learn tonight who the seer is.

Do we start off with one demon and one vampire and they have to convert, or is there a demon and vampire team already?
    You've read the rules to the extent that you're making a call on the strength of the seer in the game but don't know how many demons are starting. Could be an attempt to distance from the evil side by appearing ignorant.

It's here that I go a bit Tigger-esque. You post several times about the vampire threat while giving no mention of demons. This was one of the clues that supposedly gave Molly away too.

Quote:
    Think about Tigger is he's good (in a game playing sense). So, unless he's Dracula - in which case God help us all - he'll be looking to out baddies as well as goodies I reckon. Keep on with a healthy dose of suspicion as said.

But if he's Dracula we're fcked!
    Quote:
    Ok - that's very true. The vampires have a real disadvantage on that. If any vampire is tracked then the lot of them are wiped out.
    Quote:
    Think about Tigger is he's good (in a game playing sense). So, unless he's Dracula - in which case God help us all - he'll be looking to out baddies as well as goodies I reckon. Keep on with a healthy dose of suspicion as said.

You even talk with Molly about vampires a couple of times.

Quote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mollyb60 View Post
    Yeah coz we saw how well that worked out for us in the second game!
    Yah - I'm just being optimistic. 'Cause otherwise we're gonna be overrun with vampires. And they suck..
    Quote:
    Quote:
    I don't think anyone should be saying what they are the the moment. True, no one will believe you anyway, but I think our best tactic in this game is going to be confusion. We CANNOT let dracula just have guaranteed villagers to turn every night or he'll swell his ranks. Everyone should just keep quiet and see how it plays out. It's hard enough for the Donnie Darko character to figure out who's who in this game.
    But that's so boring!!

Agreed we need to figure Dr. Acula out. And we don't know anything tonight anyway. A bit of blind luck and with the Seer also being lucky, and we could get a mega-advantage quite early on.

I may be way off the mark here, but I think there is as much here against you as there was Molly and look how that turned out. I'd be grateful if some of our better players could pick this apart/ investigate it themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

hqdefault.jpg

• Advertisement

Quote:
    This isn't the friendly village from round 1! Anybody cutting hay / pumpkins?

Anyway, the seer role is diminished a lot this time, 'cause three roles will be revealed incorrectly. And then people's roles may change if they get converted. The hero will die if he protects a victim. The Shining will learn tonight who the seer is.

Do we start off with one demon and one vampire and they have to convert, or is there a demon and vampire team already?
    You've read the rules to the extent that you're making a call on the strength of the seer in the game but don't know how many demons are starting. Could be an attempt to distance from the evil side by appearing ignorant.

It's here that I go a bit Tigger-esque. You post several times about the vampire threat while giving no mention of demons. This was one of the clues that supposedly gave Molly away too.

Quote:

Quote:
    Ok - that's very true. The vampires have a real disadvantage on that. If any vampire is tracked then the lot of them are wiped out.
    Quote:

You even talk with Molly about vampires a couple of times.

Quote:
    Quote:
    Yeah coz we saw how well that worked out for us in the second game!
    Yah - I'm just being optimistic. 'Cause otherwise we're gonna be overrun with vampires. And they suck..
    Quote:
    Quote:
    I don't think anyone should be saying what they are the the moment. True, no one will believe you anyway, but I think our best tactic in this game is going to be confusion. We CANNOT let dracula just have guaranteed villagers to turn every night or he'll swell his ranks. Everyone should just keep quiet and see how it plays out. It's hard enough for the Donnie Darko character to figure out who's who in this game.
    But that's so boring!!

Agreed we need to figure Dr. Acula out. And we don't know anything tonight anyway. A bit of blind luck and with the Seer also being lucky, and we could get a mega-advantage quite early on.

I may be way off the mark here, but I think there is as much here against you as there was Molly and look how that turned out. I'd be grateful if some of our better players could pick this apart/ investigate it themselves

Xara was very close to being lynched last night, in fact if Max had the time to change his vote, she would be dead already.

Could there be a concerted effort in the village to deflect from her and thus save a demon or vamp?

Do we really have strong evidence that Dazzler is Michael Myers? are we losing sight of things and allowing unknown forces to distract us?

We need a report from Dr. Loomis, stat.

the bits in bold are chagans comments, then non bold are the quotes

Ah shíte. Can someone post the evidence for Xara again? I'm on mobile and can't find the post. I posted Dazz's empty posts earlier today. With Xara we are only going on her posts and weak defense right?

Initially this post: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=101460714&postcount=1087

But then the poor defense that followed Max's interrogation hammered the point home imo. Xara was quick to point the finger directly back at Max and took the entire argument personally, rather than approaching it objectively. Xara's language throughout indicated to me that she didn't want the good of the village.

sully can we get a breakdown of who voted for who in the lynch vote?

Pretty please.

:)

• Advertisement

Xaracatz (strongly believe this should be the lynch for tonight)
    Considering this, I'm interested in knowing if Vale has been swayed to the case against Dazz, or is sticking with xara

Vale called Xara out in his coming out speech
    I'll vote Daz if were all so sure

BUT

This is mahama lead, so if Daz is a villager, I'm calling for her head.

Vale called Xara out in his coming out speech

damn posted to early!

Based on the fact that he's a confirmed goodie, I think he's the decider

Uriel. wrote: »
    Xara was very close to being lynched last night, in fact if Max had the time to change his vote, she would be dead already.

Could there be a concerted effort in the village to deflect from her and thus save a demon or vamp?

Do we really have strong evidence that Dazzler is Michael Myers? are we losing sight of things and allowing unknown forces to distract us?

We need a report from Dr. Loomis, stat.
    You know what, you're right. I'll switch my vote to Xara. She barely got by last night and the evidence is just more damning. While I'm not saying that Max is fine, Xara is more solid. Also, if Xara turns out to be a demon, id be looking seriously at Cee Jay.

Does our seer have anything useful to report? I don't want them to come out on thread, maybe via a third party? If someone knows who the seer is, can they check their posts to see if there's anything solid there??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

Xaracatz wrote: »
    Alright - so shapeshifting. Must be Yossar - but now we don't know who he changed.

Don't get the Yossar being taken out, or a kill being missing. Tigger would be useful!

I'd say if Shane is a demon and not posting and missing votes, he'll bee mod killed.

Maham - I'm sorry - but I'm suspicious of you.
    That's your prerogative! Yesterday I was accused of being an empty poster, today I'll be accused of posting too much. I see where you're coming from. However, I will tell you that your suspicions are misplaced. I am a villager.

For the record, you are not on my dodgy list at this point in time.

Almost nervous to log off now in case it looks like I'm running but real life beckons!
    Ok, sure I'll just talk away to myself in here.
    Upon reviewing the thread, I believe that we have one vampire (previously lunatic) to worry about. They have also got 1 conversion. I doubt they get a kill as well as they are currently alone. There are two demons - one original Lucifer that the seer can't see, and one new convertee today that was shapeshifted into. Mike Myers still floating around too. So currently 4 baddies, potentially 5 tomorrow morning if they miss each other. 4 baddies out of 16 players, 1 in every 4. That's worryingly high.

I think lynching gufc was a mistake and we should have lynched Xara. The evidence was based on gut feeling and Mick's accusation which shouldn't have held weight coz he's a known vampire. Based on Chagan's post earlier, plus the fact that Xara has called me out three times for now reason with no evidence, makes me completely suspicious. I think we came so close to getting her tonight and she should be top of the lynch pile tomorrow.

Others that I'm incredibly suspicious of: Dazzler, MrsFD, Barney and Partyjungle.
    I know I'm putting a target on my head by picking out those few, but at least my thoughts are out there in case I don't get on tomorrow morning!
    Initially this post: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=101460714&postcount=1087

But then the poor defense that followed Max's interrogation hammered the point home imo. Xara was quick to point the finger directly back at Max and took the entire argument personally, rather than approaching it objectively. Xara's language throughout indicated to me that she didn't want the good of the village.

I did take it personally. i'm roled, but it's a good role. If you want, I can tell you what it is.

I'm going to leave it at that and you guys can do as you choose. And then one of the bad guys will kill me.

I did take it personally. i'm roled, but it's a good role. If you want, I can tell you what it is.

I'm going to leave it at that and you guys can do as you choose. And then one of the bad guys will kill me.

Yeah, if you're going to role claim, do it now. It's also an obvious baddie move but a dangerous one. A lot of the good roles are still alive. What say ye village?

Oh - and sorry. Those posts were from Mahama where she was saying why I had accused her, but she hadn't figured out why. Except in the first accusation, she said that she understood where I was coming from.

Collected them this morning, but didn't go any further, because - meh.

if you say you are a good rolled villager then you will have a target on your head so might as well go the whole hog and tell us the role... plus evidence supporting your claim.

Oh - and sorry. Those posts were from Mahama where she was saying why I had accused her, but she hadn't figured out why. Except in the first accusation, she said that she understood where I was coming from.

Collected them this morning, but didn't go any further, because - meh.

Hmm, Max accuses you (known villager) and you push the blame on him. I accuse you (villager but not official) and you push the blame on me. I understood your first accusation, I'm doing something wrong if I don't get accused at least one as no one should be above suspicion, but after that you thought there was no one more suspicious than me to point at?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Uriel. wrote: »
    if you say you are a good rolled villager then you will have a target on your head so might as well go the whole hog and tell us the role... plus evidence supporting your claim.

I think Uriel is right.

Your claiming a role looks like a last ditch attempt to save yourself. If it's a good role then tell us before you're lynched.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

crosstownk wrote: »
    I think Uriel is right.

Your claiming a role looks like a last ditch attempt to save yourself. If it's a good role then tell us before you're lynched.

Just claiming a role suggests that they might be trying to go back and see which role would fit their claim best. Don't know why you'd say you have one but not announce which. You're a prime target either way.

• Advertisement

get out the tumbleweed again!

Barney92 wrote: »
    Just claiming a role suggests that they might be trying to go back and see which role would fit their claim best. Don't know why you'd say you have one but not announce which. You're a prime target either way.

There was at least one role that wasn't part of the intro. I have a sacrifice role too. It's not the best role..

Riiiight, a role that can't be verified

There was at least one role that wasn't part of the intro. I have a sacrifice role too. It's not the best role..

Not entirely surprising that there would be roles not included in the beginning, but there'd need to be a very good reason not to explain that role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Kill both, let God sort them out :P

ok so that explains the things aren't always as they seem bit, but how does this role work?

Any chance it's the one where if they get themselves lynched they win?

Barney92 wrote: »
    Any chance it's the one where if they get themselves lynched they win?

Then wouldn't they want to be lynched? :confused:

I get the whole "things aren't always what they seem" thing, but is it not a very big departure from the normal game set up that a secret role is completely hidden from the game?

Of course it is possible and who knows what the Mods have on store but it just seems like a big risk to take trusting someone who won't say their role because the Mods have made it a secret role. When you add that to all of the previous suspicions, the fact that the person has the noose around their neck and is waiting the trap door to be opened it seems a real stretch that we put our trust in them

• Advertisement

Not good enough. You need to explain very clearly the role that you're claiming. Convenient that it's not one we can verify.

Advertisement