Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf IV - All Hallows' Eve - GAME OVER - Villagers Win

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

Barney92 wrote: »
    Not entirely surprising that there would be roles not included in the beginning, but there'd need to be a very good reason not to explain that role.

I can sacrifice myself to save - what I see as - a villager. But I'm not going to use it if I'm up against somebody I don't consider a villager.

If I get converted, I lose that ability.

Despite what has been said, I am trying to do the best for the village. With a crappy role that means I basically need to kill myself if I'm up against what I think is a villager who would be better for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Then wouldn't they want to be lynched? :confused:

I know, but claiming a role and not explaining what it is looks suspicious and likely would turn people on to lynching them. I for example might change my vote since the claim.

However, I doubt that it's the role so a stupid idea really.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Barney92 wrote: »
    Any chance it's the one where if they get themselves lynched they win?

The jester?

But sure why would they be trying to get off the hook of a lynching is what they desire

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Uriel. wrote: »
    I get the whole "things aren't always what they seem" thing, but is it not a very big departure from the normal game set up that a secret role is completely hidden from the game?

Of course it is possible and who knows what the Mods have on store but it just seems like a big risk to take trusting someone who won't say their role because the Mods have made it a secret role. When you add that to all of the previous suspicions, the fact that the person has the noose around their neck and is waiting the trap door to be opened it seems a real stretch that we put our trust in them

Oh I'm not saying it's real, but I want more info on how it allegedly works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

The jester?

But sure why would they be trying to get off the hook of a lynching is what they desire

Explained my reasoning just above, but the 'role' has been announced anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Xaracatz wrote:
    I can sacrifice myself to save - what I see as - a villager. But I'm not going to use it if I'm up against somebody I don't consider a villager.

Do you mean you can volunteer to be lynched in someone else's place?

What's the title of this role?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Xaracatz wrote: »

If I get converted, I lose that ability.

Despite what has been said, I am trying to do the best for the village. With a crappy role that means I basically need to kill myself if I'm up against what I think is a villager who would be better for the game.

So basically what you're saying is if it comes down to a race between you and Dazz, you can die to save him?

I can sacrifice myself to save - what I see as - a villager.

and how do you see the villager, do you get to peek, or is it just based on how you're reading their posting style?

The Sacrifice.

Yeh - I can put myself up for somebody being lynched. For the good of the village. Which I would do to be fair.

I have to go out for about 40 mins, but send me any questions and I WILL answer them.

and how do you see the villager, do you get to peek, or is it just based on how you're reading their posting style?

I can't peek. I can just swap with them. It's based on my reading of votes on here where people say who they'll vote for.

• Advertisement

Hmm, not saying I believe it, but I also wouldn't put it past the mods either. Does that role appear in the Roles thread?

I can't peek. I can just swap with them. It's based on my reading of votes on here where people say who they'll vote for.

if the last few pages hadn't happened and you were in a race with dazz, what would you do?

I'm going to go with my gut on this one: not buying it Xara, sorry. Changing my vote.

If you did have that role, presumably you'd be trying to suss out villagers all the time. Who are you top three most likely villagers and why?

It doesn't strike me as a particularly fun or novel role, so why would the mods go to the lengths of making it a hidden one?

Also (open to correction here) it doesn't seem to have a fun Halloween pop culture reference for a name, unlike all other roles.

My reading of it is that The role is really only useful if the person aims to save a high value role like the seer. Sacrificing one villager to save another normal villager seems pointless.

My question is Why was the role kept a secret?

A Neurotic wrote: »
    It doesn't strike me as a particularly fun or novel role, so why would the mods go to the lengths of making it a hidden one?

Also (open to correction here) it doesn't seem to have a fun Halloween pop culture reference for a name, unlike all other roles.

Not seeing the grand surprise that keeping the role secret would bring.

I mean we is it more secretive than beetle juice or the witch.

And like you say no Halloween influence to it.

I'm not buying it at all tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

You know what, you're right. I'll switch my vote to Xara. She barely got by last night and the evidence is just more damning. While I'm not saying that Max is fine, Xara is more solid. Also, if Xara turns out to be a demon, id be looking seriously at Cee Jay.

Does our seer have anything useful to report? I don't want them to come out on thread, maybe via a third party? If someone knows who the seer is, can they check their posts to see if there's anything solid there??

You can look at me if you wish. I think all factions will be looking at me after my posts today.
    I don't know about Xara just yet - she may or may not be evil. Dazz is evil though. Take my word on that. I have no doubt in my mind. I am convinced he is Mike.
    Xara could be Lucifer - in which case the seer won't get an accurate check on them? If we take the word of the priest, there is no other demon role left?
    As for vampires, she could be a vamp still?

I think I have said too much on this thread that no matter what, I am dead tomorrow. Why would I put my neck on the line this much? Only because I am convinced of Dazz being evil. MM will have a kill tonight - I think at this stage, that could be me if I am right about Dazz.
    I think we should focus our efforts on killing him off before he gets another kill - if we don't go for Mike tonight, it's an extra kill that he gets in.

Also, remember the Vale is the Priest - he only sees the role of the dead. How would he know if Xara is a vamp/demon? He is also going on speculation.

cee_jay wrote: »
    Also, remember the Vale is the Priest - he only sees the role of the dead. How would he know if Xara is a vamp/demon? He is also going on speculation.

Why do you think Dazzler is Michael myers?

• Advertisement

Hmm, not saying I believe it, but I also wouldn't put it past the mods either. Does that role appear in the Roles thread?

It doesn't but something slightly similar does

Prince : If you are voted to be lynched, you reveal your role, and whoever voted for you first is lynched instead

totally unrelated but I also found this and wondered if this talk of parachutes was related to it

Dead room pro - We all know that the dead like to think they are so clever and can see things players in the live game can't, so to spice up the dead room you can give them one kill that they can vote on to use at a pre-designated time in the game. In order for this to work the dead can be given no hints or role reveals by the game mods.

Why do you think Dazzler is Michael myers?

Because I am 100% convinced he isn't on the side of the villagers.
    I voted for him in the lynch last night which I thought would make me an easy target. Take her out and stoput her.
    I wasn't killed though.
    Mike didn't have a kill last night so I'm guessing that's the reason why.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Nopeare

It seems a pretty pointless role as if everyone saw the person they were lynching the night before still alive would people not consider it down to a role and would most likely go the next day anyway but just wasting a day

Lads, either I'm a super sleuth or ye are all missing something here. Look at the evidence against both. I'm back on Dazz, pending Xaras response to my villager question.

Lads, either I'm a super sleuth or ye are all missing something here. Look at the evidence against both. I'm back on Dazz, pending Xaras response to my villager question.

Are you convinced Dazzler is myers as opposed to just a baddie?

sullivlo wrote: »
    9 PM.

You can request a statement from both. They are not obligated to provide a statement. However bonus points will be given to either villager (we're all villagers here) who can persuade us all that they deserve both parachutes.

Sully can you clarify this? is the parachute thing related to the potential lynchees or all the villagers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Just back in, so Xaracatz it claiming a role of sacrafice. Do you know, I might be gullible but I am inclined to believe him.

My vote was on Dazz and staying there.

Are you convinced Dazzler is myers as opposed to just a baddie?

well, it can't be Lucifer. That leaves the vamp or Mike. Why does it matter which baddie it is?

well, it can't be Lucifer. That leaves the vamp or Mike. Why does it matter which baddie it is?

Or the shapeshifter, forgot a role sorry. Based on the timing, Mike is most likely.

• Advertisement

Why can't it be lucifer?

Advertisement