Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf IV - All Hallows' Eve - GAME OVER - Villagers Win

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

The low poster thing is such a red herring. The seer, the priest, Van Helsing, all just as likely to be low posters as any of the bad guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Max if you have an alternative way to pick who's first on the chopping block I'm open to suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

The low poster thing is such a red herring. The seer, the priest, Van Helsing, all just as likely to be low posters as any of the bad guys.
    I'd argue that they're more likely to be low middle, a few helpful posts but defo keeping under the radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

The low poster thing hasn't been particularly useful in the past three games, in the way things have worked out.

As was said, those with roles will be looking to stay off the radar as much as possible.
    We are already in a scenario on morning 1 jumping between low/no posters and middle of the road posters... sure that's 75% of the village. let's not start falling into the traps we've fallen into before. The day is young, we can strategise after the first munch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

The game doesn't really kick in to top gear until after the first munch/convert so lets see how the posting goes after the result.

Also, anyone who was either involved or followed the last three games will know that low posting leads to a risk of being raced and/or lynched. Surely anyone who wants to avoid being in such a predicament would increase their post count? I'd tend to agree with QB and look for post content - although that's a lot more time consuming to analyse.

• Advertisement

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Max if you have an alternative way to pick who's first on the chopping block I'm open to suggestions?

There isn't a good way of doing it because we know nothing, I'd just rather avoid specifically targeting an area where our own most valuable players are likely to be hiding.

Defo agree with waiting and realistically I think it should be like 5 or 6 before we really start racing names to give people a chance to get involved. To be fair, the reason that the low poster strategy didn't work in the last few games is because it wasn't really used! In all the games so far at least one managed to hide out in the low posters and avoid suspicious for ages.

crosstownk wrote: »
    The game doesn't really kick in to top gear until after the first munch/convert so lets see how the posting goes after the result.

Also, anyone who was either involved or followed the last three games will know that low posting leads to a risk of being raced and/or lynched. Surely anyone who wants to avoid being in such a predicament would increase their post count? I'd tend to agree with QB and look for post content - although that's a lot more time consuming to analyse.

And you won't really get much in the way of high value posts until after the munch today, because day 1 is commenting on, and trying to figure out the game rules/roles; people trying to build a post count and generally just shooting the breeze.

Defo agree with waiting and realistically I think it should be like 5 or 6 before we really start racing names to give people a chance to get involved. To be fair, the reason that the low poster strategy didn't work in the last few games is because it wasn't really used! In all the games so far at least one managed to hide out in the low posters and avoid suspicious for ages.

We'll just wait until the powerplay to start nominating names.

One thing is for sure, the last time out, we were leaving it until 30mins to the lynch (on some occassions) before deciding on 1) whether to have a race and 2) who to race. It was a clusterfnuck. Need to be more organised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Nopeare

quickbeam wrote: »
    Targeting low poster counts is a good idea in theory. But I remember what Nopeare said in relation to his baddie role in WW2, which was that he posted enough not to be in the bottom few, but his posts were jokes and memes mostly, so completely useless as far as analysis goes. So just remember guys, volume is important but post quality should also be taken in to account.

I support this even more now as 2/3 players I picked on low posts last time turned out to be villagers I believe :o but for the first day in particular there is very little to go on and as others said it will get people posting and hopefully someone to slip up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

Uriel. wrote: »

Theres a powerplay??!!

AWESOME!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Uriel. wrote:
    As was said, those with roles will be looking to stay off the radar as much as possible. We are already in a scenario on morning 1 jumping between low/no posters and middle of the road posters... sure that's 75% of the village. let's not start falling into the traps we've fallen into before. The day is young, we can strategise after the first munch.

tritium wrote:
    Theres a powerplay??!!

And with that dottie's head exploded!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Sorry posting from my phone only meant to quote trit

Christ almighty but my work rate is gonna go down the tubes this week. I am glued to my phone already and it's only the second day. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

END OF NIGHT ONE

There was a lot of unease in the village. Nobody could be trusted. As dawn approached, Dracula challenged the demons to a game of tiddlywinks, where the winner got the much coveted prize of the first kill. Things, understandably, were quite heated. Kerfuffles broke out. Eventually the demons came good, and sank Dracula, winning the right to the first kill.

The demons bolted. They had an idea who Dracula might be wanting to convert and they wanted to get there first. They arrived at a house they suspected their target to be in, and as true demons do, they started to wail. Quickbeam looked out the window and knew her time was up. The demons took her, kicking and screaming to their layer, where she met her untimely death.

However Dracula had the last laugh and had an ace up their sleeve - the ability to convert. So as the sun rose, Dracula ran around at a speed not seen since Usain Bolt took to the track in Rio. Just at the last minute, Dracula found their target and they sunk their teeth into the neck of
    the victim. Seriously did you really think I'd tell you who was converted?!

RIP - quickbeam

The village is down one inhabitant and another has been converted to a vampire. The role of the dead will be conveyed to the Exorcist, however the role of the converted will remain a secret. Was Dracula smart enough to convert an important character? Or will they make do with having a simple Villager on board? Time will tell.

The lynch form is open. Cast yizzer votes. Voting closes at 8.59.59 and the final vote cast by one individual will be taken as their final vote. Results, along with a list of who voted for who, will be published as close to 9 pm as possible.

Well sh te. I thought the competition mean we only lost one villager! Rip QB!

On the off chance that Quickbeam was a baddy, they might have done us a favour. We've seen how dangerous that woman is. :pac: RIP Quickbeam, you're in a better place now.

Well ****e that! I thought we were only gonna have one death last night. Surely that's not fair for the village? We're basically 2 down already. I thought the mods said only one kill on the first night. A vampire is technically dead.

RIP QB. :(

Game starts with a vampire slaughter to be revealed at 10am tomorrow morning.

Actually the more I think about this the more annoyed I am. There was nothing in the first post to say that 2 people would go on the first night. That's totally not fair. :mad:

• Advertisement

Mollyb60 wrote: »

Actually the more I think about this the more annoyed I am. There was nothing in the first post to say that 2 people would go on the first night. That's totally not fair. :mad:

Just breathe deep and let it go. Might as well strap in and enjoy the ride for what it is since we're doomed on this one. I'm not normally defeatist but the village is way outgunned here.

Just breathe deep and let it go. Might as well strap in and enjoy the ride for what it is since we're doomed on this one. I'm not normally defeatist but the village is way outgunned here.

I also think we're screwed but that's just not fair. We haven't even got started and we're 2 down. At least give us a fighting chance ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Nopeare

Uriel. wrote: »

Where in the rules did it mention a powerplay? I missed that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

What is the powerplay?

The Villages biggest strength is our weight of known roles so there could come a point when we would have numerical advantage if all roles came out. Not advising it anytime soon mind but something we have on our side

Powerplay isnt in this game just a thing that was in an other game which caused a lot of hassle so people like to joke about it.

I'll leave it to Trit to explain how it worked :p

cee_jay wrote: »
    What is the powerplay?

I believe Tritium is the man you're looking to speak to about that. :D

I'm fairly sure the mods said they'd never attempt to use a powerplay again after Trit broke it.

Nopeare wrote: »
    Where in the rules did it mention a powerplay? I missed that?
    cee_jay wrote: »
    What is the powerplay?

Just to clarify... that was a joke.:o.. please don't melt your heads with the powerplay stuff...

pretend like nothing happened... nothing at all....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

quickbeam wrote: »
    Targeting low poster counts is a good idea in theory. But I remember what Nopeare said in relation to his baddie role in WW2, which was that he posted enough not to be in the bottom few, but his posts were jokes and memes mostly, so completely useless as far as analysis goes. So just remember guys, volume is important but post quality should also be taken in to account.

I disagree I was able to spot him for exactly that reason. He felt compelled to post so he posted vacuous stuff. Anywaz rip QB your a loss to the village

• Advertisement

Wait wait wait, was QB a girl????? Should have paid more attention to Tig's gender list!

Advertisement