If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AV Receiver required

Options
  • 23-10-2016 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've recently bought from you Audio Monitor Soundbar ASB2B. Very often I have an issue connecting to it (wireless) and also it seems that when connected to TV sound is delayed and not in sync with TV :(

Now I would like to buy AV Receiver (hopefully, it will solve above problems? and additionally add some convenience). 

Following devices will be connected to it:
    - TV (via HDMI out)
    - cable set-top box
    - Apple TV
    - Audio Monitor Soundbar
    - XBOX one

Additional requirement is to be able to support AirPlay and to play music via Bluetooth.

If you could please come back with few ideas what would be right receiver for the above, I will really appreciate.

At the time when I bought soundbar, you had on offer Yamaha Aventage RXA550, is this still available?

Kind regards,
    decus

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Decus,

Thanks for the post & apologies for the delay getting back to you.

We have had very few issues with the ASB2, especially given the volume we have sold over the last couple of years - but I'll mail Monitor Audio towers and copy them on your post and get their views and I'll revert asap.

I have found with Sky sync issues with my own kit ( not an ASB2 unfortunately) that a power down of the Sky box appears to help - but unfortunately on occasions the sync does drift again and I'm guessing I have to power the Sky box down every couple of weeks ( I dont appear to have the same issues with my Humax Freesat HD box using the same cables & inputs :confused: )

The other route you could try is to route your Sky audio via optical, as I'm sure you are aware HDMI processing can suffer from handshake issues and using the optical output from your Sky box may resolve these ( or make it worse but its worth a try!)  If you need an optical cable just drop us a line and we will pop one out in the post to you free-of-charge as a Customer service gesture. 

On the AV Receiver front - there is so much choice its unreal - however Airplay has taken a bit of a backwards step and Bluetooth has taken over - however the What HiFi AV Receiver of the year, the Denon AVRX2300 has an amazing full feature set and includes Airplay:
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201923-viera-tx58dx700b.aspx?swapstore=1

Have a look at the review here:
    http://www.whathifi.com/denon/avr-x2300w/review

We are completely cleaned out of the RXA550 now unfortunately - the RXA660 is the closest available:
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202173-rxa660.aspx

Thanks again and keep us posted :)

ATVB,

John Mc & crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭decus

Hi,

Thank you very much on following up on soundboard issue, really appreciated from my side. Looking forward to their reply.

Thank you also on two recommendations is there any boardie discount?

Will you have some sale soon?

Kind regards,
    decus

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

decus wrote: »
    Hi,

Thank you very much on following up on soundboard issue, really appreciated from my side. Looking forward to their reply.

Thank you also on two recommendations is there any boardie discount?

Will you have some sale soon?

Kind regards,
    decus
    Hey Decus.

Not very much movement on these unfortunately.

I Can offer the AVRX2300 at a one off boardie price of £460.00

Or the RXA660 for £650.00

Both including delivery.

Our next sales are Black Friday and then boxing day but i would have no idea as to the product that will be involved.

Let me know what you think.

Hi,

thank you very much on your reply. Will wait on next sale with the hope that something interesting will pop up.

Also, in the meantime if you have something interesting, please do not hesitate to PM me.

Kind regards,
    decus

Hi,

thank you very much on your reply. Will wait on next sale with the hope that something interesting will pop up.

Also, in the meantime if you have something interesting, please do not hesitate to PM me.

Kind regards,
    decus

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

decus wrote: »
    Hi,

Kind regards,
    decus
    Hey Decus.

No problem at all.

Should anything arise, I'll keep you in mind.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.