If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panasonic LAN Adapter

Options
  • 23-10-2016 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Long story short, I'm waiting on the warranty repair people to come and have a look at my Panasonic 42AS650 regarding the internal LAN connection not working. Just thought I'd post up here in case anyone has come across it before and I can turn it into a functional visit. A few points to note FYI;

- We recently moved location and the router (from Virgin) has been upgraded to the Hub3.0. No problems with other devices connecting to the router

- A handful of times, generally when no other device is on, the TV will connect to the wifi so something is working, it just doesn't want to stay working.

- I contacted Panasonic support about this already and after going through all the basic "did you try turn it on an off again" style emails, they've concluded that it's a hardware issue.

Attached is an image of generally what greets me when I try to connect to the network. Has anyone come across this before? Any help is greatly appreciated thanks!

Regards,
    Martin

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

mckildare wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Long story short, I'm waiting on the warranty repair people to come and have a look at my Panasonic 42AS650 regarding the internal LAN connection not working. Just thought I'd post up here in case anyone has come across it before and I can turn it into a functional visit. A few points to note FYI;

- We recently moved location and the router (from Virgin) has been upgraded to the Hub3.0. No problems with other devices connecting to the router

- A handful of times, generally when no other device is on, the TV will connect to the wifi so something is working, it just doesn't want to stay working.

- I contacted Panasonic support about this already and after going through all the basic "did you try turn it on an off again" style emails, they've concluded that it's a hardware issue.

Attached is an image of generally what greets me when I try to connect to the network. Has anyone come across this before? Any help is greatly appreciated thanks!

Regards,
    Martin
    Hey McKildare.

Usually a wireless LAN adaptor would be the USB form but perhaps this is just the wording for the internal wireless connection built into the 42AS650.

So it is possible that the wireless within the TV is having issues. I really don't know too much when it comes to the internals of the screens :(

I'll try and find out when the repair agent will be out with you to try and get this sorted ASAP for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

Any chance you could use  an ethernet cable to connect to the tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭mckildare

billbond4 wrote: »
    Any chance you could use  an ethernet cable to connect to the tv?
    Unfortunately not :( The great wisdom of Virgin Media was to put the router in the utility room. I moved the TV there to check was it the signal being blocked by the walls but it was the same result. Cable connection works fine which will be the end result a few months down the line but for now the wifi connection is required.

Thanks Kenny, I rang the repair guy this morning and he's going to try fit me in this week he said

Regards,
    Martin

VM are very wise ;-)
    You could use a powerline adapter to get Ethernet behind the TV.
    <link snipped by Mod>

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Billbond4,

Given the particular nature of the OP's query I'm happy to ignore the usual Charter requirement "queries here are for Richersounds to answer" and I appreciate the helpful approach, but I've snipped the link in your last post, as per Charter, third party links are kept to the minimum her - I think the OP will be able to find the necessary kit if s/he wants that as a solution.

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Advertisement

No problemo

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

McKildare,

thanks for the posts and also @billbond4 thanks for the input - it'll be interesting what the Pana guys say, personally I think its too coincidental that you have changed your router and the TV wi-fi stops working - its sounds like a device clash or possibly an IP issue - but as Billbond suggests  think the best resolution would be to install a powerline adaptor - this will resolve the issue by giving you a direct wired connection to your router (without having to run a dedicated cable)  AND have the side effect of radically increasing your download speed - if you drop us a mail to sales@richersounds.ie with your original receipt we will pop you one in the post free of charge as a Customer service gesture and that should really help :)

Keep us posted and thanks again guys ( oh ok and thanks @ The Ritz :/ )

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Op if your VMHub is using CH12 or 13 and that same Panasonic is sold in the US then its likely it's designed not to see it for regional regulations. 

Set the VMHub to CH 10 or lower to test(it'll be on Auto now) to test.

All the Pana sets we sell are suffix 'B' - UK / Ireland only.

..but everything is worth a try (at least once ;) )

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

All the Pana sets we sell are suffix 'B' - UK / Ireland only.
    Panasonic cameras that use WiFi for camera control and photo transfer won't use channels 12 and 13 either, despite being sold in the EU, so that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

• Advertisement

McKildare,

thanks for the posts and also @billbond4 thanks for the input - it'll be interesting what the Pana guys say, personally I think its too coincidental that you have changed your router and the TV wi-fi stops working - its sounds like a device clash or possibly an IP issue - but as Billbond suggests  think the best resolution would be to install a powerline adaptor - this will resolve the issue by giving you a direct wired connection to your router (without having to run a dedicated cable)  AND have the side effect of radically increasing your download speed - if you drop us a mail to sales@richersounds.ie with your original receipt we will pop you one in the post free of charge as a Customer service gesture and that should really help :)

Keep us posted and thanks again guys ( oh ok and thanks @ The Ritz :/ )

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 
    Hey John,
    I agree it will be interesting to see what the Pana crew can do but thanks very much for the generous offer :)  I'll have to have to do a deep search for that receipt, since we moved a lot of things are still in boxes!
    ED E wrote: »
    Op if your VMHub is using CH12 or 13 and that same Panasonic is sold in the US then its likely it's designed not to see it for regional regulations. 

Set the VMHub to CH 10 or lower to test(it'll be on Auto now) to test.
    Thanks for the suggestion ED E, I'll have to google that and see how to go about changing it. I'll let you know if it makes a difference or not

Regards,
    Martin

EDIT: That wasn't too difficult, the 2.4Ghz is set to channel 6 and 5Ghz signal is channel 112 but can only go as low as 36 so I don't think that's going to be it. Off to search for that receipt so :)

Martin,

We don't need the actual receipt, just drop me your name and address and we will have that info on our system.

Keep me posted,

Atvb
    John Mc

All sorted now:) The very efficient Pana repair guy replaced the wireless adapter and bobs your uncle. Hello again Netflix!

Thanks All

Regards,
    Martin

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

mckildare wrote: »
    All sorted now:) The very efficient Pana repair guy replaced the wireless adapter and bobs your uncle. Hello again Netflix!

Thanks All

Regards,
    Martin
    Thanlks for the post mckildare. Great to hear they were able to sort you out, and get you up and running again

Any other issues, just drop us a post /PM

Regards
    Brian

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.