Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Restaurant/Hotel for Family Meal

• 23-10-2016 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Looking for a nice restaurant or hotel in Limerick City or thereabouts to serve a meal for a family during the middayish/early afternoon time, somewhere between 1-3pm or so. Price not too much of an issue as it's a one off. Just need a nice place that'll do the job (and please the family :pac:)

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭Coill1

The hi-way / sinatras out in Dooradoye or the Texas steak out should do the job for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The Hamptons is good spot. The Strand also do a good lunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Coill1 wrote:
    The hi-way / sinatras out in Dooradoye or the Texas steak out should do the job for you

Oh god no to either of these!
    I would recommend Da vicencos in Thee George or The Strand Hotel. Both accommodate large groups well and serve delicious food.

panda100 wrote: »
    I would recommend Da vicencos in Thee George or The Strand Hotel. Both accommodate large groups well and serve delicious food.

In your opinion- trip advisor reviews think differently. Each to their own..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Been to the strand for a few family dinners mid day and it's always been excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Coill1 wrote: »
    In your opinion- trip advisor reviews think differently. Each to their own..

I had a quick look on TA and most reviews for both were pretty positive, I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Strettie11

OP,

The biggest issue I have always had is the different tastes within a family ranging in age from 7 to 81

There are many excellent venues with but the one that has worked out best for my family because it has such a varied menu is the texas Steak out. Also have always found the food excellent

Have also had a family dinners in the Strand and the food was excellent did have an issue with service but it turned out the 2 times we were there the waitress serving us was in her first week. So unlikely to happen to you.

Have not been to Hamptons recently so cannot comment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Supermacs on the Ennis road is also good.

tippman1 wrote: »
    I had a quick look on TA and most reviews for both were pretty positive, I thought.
    Yeah as in both Texas & Hi way- I'm sure Vincenzo's & the strand are great too - OP asked for advice & gave my experience..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Yeah as in both Texas & Hi way- I'm sure Vincenzo's & the strand are great too - OP asked for advice & gave my experience..

Where is the difference in opinion on TA that you referenced?

• Advertisement

Quote: panda100

This difference of opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I was in the Hi-Way about a month ago, hadn't been in years and was pleasantly surprised. Yes, the place is a bit old fashioned, but the food was tasty and the staff were nice. I'd have no hesitation recommending it.
    I can't fault the food in the Texas Steakout, but to honest I think it's expensive for what it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I thought you were taking the piss :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

TA had Bobby Brynes as the number 1 restaurant in Limerick for years! I think all TA recommendations in Limerick should be taken with a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

all suggestions so far are good

Would also suggest Absolute hotel for something upmarket and also the woodfield on the the ennis road for something more casual. Food in both places really good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

all suggestions so far are good

Would suggest Absolute hotel for something upmarket and also the woodfield on the the ennis road for something more casual. Food in both places really good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

I would vote for The Absolute Hotel - we often have family occasions there with family from 10-93. Staff are always helpful and the food is good.

Its also easily accessible for older people. Its a nice setting by the river too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

I would vote for The Absolute Hotel - we often have family occasions there with family from 10-93. Staff are always helpful and the food is good.

Its also easily accessible for older people. Its a nice setting by the river too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Thanks everyone! Ended up booking The Strand hotel upon further recommendation from a work colleague. I'll make sure to keep the other recommendations in mind for future meals/outings.

Cheers!

Advertisement