Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How long will Jose get at UTD

• 23-10-2016 5:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

What does he need to achieve to be at Old Trafford next season?

Champions Leage? qualification? Win Europa? etc

I think he'll be doing very well to make it to next season.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Rackstar wrote: »
    What does he need to achieve to be at Old Trafford next season?

Champions Leage? qualification? Win Europa? etc

Ah here man it's bloody October lay off this crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

OP needs more 'busted flush'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

He'll either need to win a trophy and get top 6 or get a Champions League qualification spot.

Well, this makes a nice change from the "Should Wenger go " threads of the past

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

He's done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

is busted flush and Rackstar done?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Can I start the next thread about Utd / City to get closed?

anyway.... I'd assume they will have something akin to what Moyes / LVG had in his contract about getting CL qualification or else the comensation to sack him would be reduced

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

These threads..

He'll get 2 years at least unless this one is a total disaster.

Early days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Augme

Points wise United are closer to 15th than 5th. If they fall off that cliff like Chelsea did last year he won't last past the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭adaminho

Longer than this thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Getting rid of him will not be a consideration at the moment. 14 points is a disappointing points tally but not a complete catastrophe at this point.

There has been huge investment in the Mourinho project in terms of players bought and probably in terms of what I imagine is a hugely lucrative contract. So even if they miss out on top 4 (which is undoubtedly a failure of a season) I don't think this failure would lead to an immediate sacking after his first season.

So I would be surprised if he was not manager this time next year. This is still a strong United side that while I can still see finishing out of the top 4 (which of course is still a colossal failure given the money spent and the expectations) should still finish in the top 8.

He will get a full season and a chunk of the next one I think. They would need to show they are at least challenging for top 4 by mid-season next year however I would imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

He will get 2 seasons unless he has a catastrophic collapse. It could happen he is a really bad loser, doesn't deal well with pressure and will blame everyone but himself. As long as he retains the support of the dressing room he will be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

If the board was smart they'd sack him in the morning!

Worst football I've seen united play EVER, which is shocking since I probably thought that about lvg and Moyes, but I was wrong, this is the worst.

Arcadic football, a 40 year old striker, 2 walls of defense (even at home).

Mourinho is copper trying to pass as gold

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Rackstar wrote:

You mean as United manager or just generally?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Thursday morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Far too early to know how it will all pan out but at an absolute minimum I would expect him to get a couple of seasons.

Early doors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

How long did Moyes get? Probably won't be as long as that, twice bitten, thrice shy or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lose to City during the week in the League Cup and it could be the beginning of the end.

Win against City during the week and Everything is Awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

He is done. Not sacking him is just delaying the inevitable.

He will get until they are out of next year's Champions League.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Closing, as per the charter

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement