Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this viable? Apartment purchase in Dublin.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

pilly wrote: »
    One thing to consider is how long do you want to rent out your second room for? You do get to an age when you want to live alone or with just a partner so plan on being able to afford the mortgage without a lodger if you can. Then anything you do get while you have a lodger is a bonus.

Ideally one of my best mates.

Preferably the mortgage will be payed out of the salary. So I can save the rent I get.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You're trying to make propery predictions 3.5yrs in advance?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

its Not a 30 year committment , you can sell it or rent it out in 5 or 10 years time .You can rent a room out for a few years ,if it suits you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Public transport is good? I thought you said this was in Dublin?

You kind of side stepped my question. What if you get a job in Sandyford? The apartment is in Dublin 13 and very near a Dart Station(Raheny?). How would you get to Sandyford from there, where-ever it is to Sandyford?

:confused::confused::confused:

No apartments that I know of in Dublin 13 that are close to Dublin 5 (Raheny).

The lad is likely talking about clongriffin at those prices.

To the OP...do your studies, get your job, save your money and then assess your plans. Things will likely be different by the time you are seriously thinking about buying.

Advertisement