Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3N400v hearer from single phase

Options
  • 23-10-2016 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

To all electric guru,

i am receiving conflicting info about whether or not a 3phase sauna heater (400v) can be connected to a single phase supply (home).
    I bought one of those by mistake and although some sparky claim a converter is required, others say it can be easily done... not ideal though.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/836142/Harvia-M45.html?page=16#manual

The heater manual diagram seems to show the schema to wire the appliance on 240v 1N
    Any thought on that ?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Easily done, which model is it ?

IVbwESH.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25 calimero242

Hi,
    That s a the M60 (6Kw). the device is currently wired with 3 phase plug/cable. Easy job ? - :confused:..
    if i read the manual correctly . a 3 x 10 mm2 cable is required right ?

Thanks E

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Here it is without all the thermostats and timedelay contactor, makes it easier to see :

For three-phase, each element is between the neutral and one phase :
    21aimmc.jpg

Here, hooked up for single phase, the three heating elements are between the neutral and phase :
    2liz9ye.jpg

Advertisement