Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a lift monday to friday from gorey to dublin

Options
  • 23-10-2016 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

hi iv secured a job in dublin but i cant get there in time for work is there anyone in gorey that commutes monday to friday can pay petrol money , any help would be apreciated as i dont want to let this job slip away .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Wexford forum. Gumtree? Done deal can get random posts and you might hit lucky. Even a few flyers in local shops or the church notice board.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

fitzyutd wrote:
    hi iv secured a job in dublin but i cant get there in time for work is there anyone in gorey that commutes monday to friday can pay petrol money , any help would be apreciated as i dont want to let this job slip away .

Why time do u have to be in Dublin for ? The train leaves Gorey at 5.55 am and gets into town around 7,45

• Registered Users Posts: 8 fitzyutd

dev100 wrote: »
    Why time do u have to be in Dublin for ? The train leaves Gorey at 5.55 am and gets into town around 7,45

iv to b in clondalkin start work at 8am i was hoping to get a lift untill the new year then move up .

mfceiling wrote: »
    Wexford forum. Gumtree? Done deal can get random posts and you might hit lucky. Even a few flyers in local shops or the church notice board.

ok thanks .

fitzyutd wrote:
    iv to b in clondalkin start work at 8am i was hoping to get a lift untill the new year then move up .

Put it on facebook has to be someone or someone knows someone around Gorey that would be working around clondalkin area .

• Advertisement

dev100 wrote: »
    Put it on facebook has to be someone or someone knows someone around Gorey that would be working around clondalkin area .

exactly im sure there is just a matter of finding tem , im not from gorey im frim clare so dont know atol of people round here but iv put the word out 2 anyone i know and iv sent a request to claires buy and sell il put an add up there

fitzyutd wrote:
    exactly im sure there is just a matter of finding tem , im not from gorey im frim clare so dont know atol of people round here but iv put the word out 2 anyone i know and iv sent a request to claires buy and sell il put an add up there

If the worst comes to the worst if you get stuck try see if wexford bus or bus eireann go early enough into town so u can get out to clondalkin from there ...
    Very early start though but best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Moved to the Wexford forum, where you might have more luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Only real option for public transport is 4.45 am BE bus from Gorey to Custom House Quay and 6.25 am route 69 from Burgh Quay to Clondalkin Village. Next bus is Wexford Bus at 5.50 getting to Custom House Quay at about 7.15, probably too late for a connection.
    Early start but if the job is that important, needs must.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Marhay70 wrote: »
    Only real option for public transport is 4.45 am BE bus from Gorey to Custom House Quay and 6.25 am route 69 from Burgh Quay to Clondalkin Village. Next bus is Wexford Bus at 5.50 getting to Custom House Quay at about 7.15, probably too late for a connection.
    Early start but if the job is that important, needs must.

He could get the luas out which would get him out on time.

• Advertisement

bigron2109 wrote: »
    He could get the luas out which would get him out on time.

Luas only goes to Red Cow or Kylemore, long walk from there into Clondalkin. Of course we don't know exactly where the OP is referring to when he says Clondalkin, Clondalkin could be anywhere from Robinhood to Grangecastle or from Park West to Kingswood.

Luas only goes to Red Cow or Kylemore, long walk from there into Clondalkin. Of course we don't know exactly where the OP is referring to when he says Clondalkin, Clondalkin could be anywhere from Robinhood to Grangecastle or from Park West to Kingswood.
    the job is in weatherwell buisness park outa side clondalkin village .

the job is in weatherwell biz park .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭bigroad

You might be able to do a workman type weekly deal with some of the budget hotels up there.Might work out the same price as the travelling and a lot more sleep too and keep your reciepts in case you might be able to claim back something through your company.

bigroad wrote: »
    You might be able to do a workman type weekly deal with some of the budget hotels up there.Might work out the same price as the travelling and a lot more sleep too and keep your reciepts in case you might be able to claim back something through your company.
    ok il look them up , do you know the name of them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭bigroad

Green isle or Bewleys hotel,Ibis, i cant think of any more at the moment.If you google them they should come up.They should do you a good deal as you will check out on friday morning and thet means the can fill the room fri and sat.

bigroad wrote: »
    Green isle or Bewleys hotel,Ibis, i cant think of any more at the moment.If you google them they should come up.They should do you a good deal as you will check out on friday morning and thet means the can fill the room fri and sat.

ok thanks il look into it .

fitzyutd wrote: »
    the job is in weatherwell buisness park outa side clondalkin village .

OK, then Dublin Bus route 151 is better, that will leave you at Ninth Lock Road about a ten minute walk. You'd still need to get the 4.45am bus from Gorey though. 151 stops at Eden Quay, just a short walk from Custom House Quay, bus
    takes about 5-8 mins to get from Docklands terminus to Eden Quay, depending on loading.

https://www.dublinbus.ie/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/1512/

Weekly ticket is about €70 plus about €30 for Dublin Bus, I suppose the budget hotels would be about €150 for five days, worth considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

handy enough walk to that industrial estate from the Bewleys hotel

no way would I do all that travelling over 50 quid

handy enough walk to that industrial estate from the Bewleys hotel

no way would I do all that travelling over 50 quid

I was talking to my son this morning and just happened to mention this as he often stays in Bewley's overnight if he's travelling to the airport. He says the corporate rate is about €55 a night there, individuals would probably pay more.
    OP maybe the best idea is to look to rent a room in a house in the area, check out sites like Rent.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

I will be travelling from Gorey to Sandyford for 8am - Monday - Friday from next month if that helps you in any way?

Advertisement