Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appeal ban

Options
  • 23-10-2016 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'd like to appeal my ban. I feel the mod who banned me was having a bad day because his team was getting thrashed 4-0 and he took it out on me for a comment I made in the match thread which was both accurate based on the facts and no more/less critical of his team and the manager of his team than other comments being made by both fans and opponents of his team.

I tried discussing it with him by PM but he's not interested in either explaining/defending the ban he issued or rescinding it.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Has the moderator responded to your messages? It's not clear from what you say above.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭54and56

dudara wrote: »
    Has the moderator responded to your messages? It's not clear from what you say above.

Only to say he won't be wasting time debating it with me and pointing me in the direction of the DRP process if I want to challenge it.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, I'll deal with this

Looking at your record this season this is the 3rd time you raised the topic of Mourinho in a way that will clearly wind up Manchester United fans

Indeed the 2nd time you were very fortunate not to pick up a straight 2 week ban for starting a thread that was a "Are Manager X & Team Y Done" thread with "Happy 1st anniversary Mr Klopp - will Mr Mourinho see his 1st anniversary?"

You only picked up a yellow for that, but your attempt to troll Man Utd fans was patently clear

So today you post in the Manchester United team talk thread (and to be clear not the match thread):
    This is just so easy for Chelsea.

Mourinho needs to switch to an 8-1-1 formation. It's all he has left in his bag of tricks.

So here we see a Liverpool fan quite blatantly trolling Manchester United fans, and I think a yellow is more than justified (and TBH I think it would have warranted a yellow even if it had been posted in the match thread)

The 2 match ban automatically follows your 3rd yellow card of the season

Beasty wrote: »
    OK, I'll deal with this

Looking at your record this season this is the 3rd time you raised the topic of Mourinho in a way that will clearly wind up Manchester United fans
    That honestly isn't my intention. I have a strongly held belief, from before he was even appointed, that Mourinho has lost his ability to be an effective manager and I offer that hypothesis for discussion purposes only. I accept that may not be what some want to hear but I'm prepared to support my argument with data/facts etc exept I'm not given the chance. It seems any criticism of Mourinho is somehow a topic which cannot be discussed, anywhere.
    Indeed the 2nd time you were very fortunate not to pick up a straight 2 week ban for starting a thread that was a "Are Manager X & Team Y Done" thread with "Happy 1st anniversary Mr Klopp - will Mr Mourinho see his 1st anniversary?"

You only picked up a yellow for that, but your attempt to troll Man Utd fans was patently clear
    Hands up I didn't realise "Are Manager X & Team Y Done" threads an automatic card/ban so apologies, no argument from me, I should have been more aware of the rules.
    So today you post in the Manchester United team talk thread (and to be clear not the match thread):
    Cr@p, I was on my phone and thought I was in the match thread, there was so much discussion of the match going on in there. My bad. (BTW, isn't match discussion supposed to be prohibited in Superthreads? Taken directly from the charter "We view the superthreads to be limited to use for general transfer chat [daily rumours etc]/general reserve team chat/general gossip/general pre-season tour chat." Is there any action taken by Mods in relation to this or is action taken on a purely discretionary basis?)
    So here we see a Liverpool fan quite blatantly trolling Manchester United fans, and I think a yellow is more than justified (and TBH I think it would have warranted a yellow even if it had been posted in the match thread)

The 2 match ban automatically follows your 3rd yellow card of the season
    If I posted in the Superthread (in error) then I have to take responsibility for being viewed as trolling but I disagree that my comments, in the context of all other comments being made in the match thread by Man U fans and fans of other clubs, would not warrant a card. Mourinho is displaying all the same traits which saw him ran out of Madrid and ran out of Chelsea last year. His team got spanked 4-0 today whilst deploying 6 at the back. My observation that it was easy for Chelsea and that the only thing he hadn't tried was 8 at the back is fair comment anywhere else in the real world but apparently not on Boards for some bizarre reason.

Pretending something isn't happening and preventing people from discussing it is at best censorship and at worst an abuse of power by a few pi$$ed off mods acting like children.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You accept you were wrong to post that in the Superthread but still criticise mods for acting against you. I think your attitude on this particular topic is the childish one, and taking opportunities to wind up United fans in such a way of course will be seen as trolling. I would say exactly the same if it was a United fan trolling Liverpool fans (and indeed have done so in a number of other dispute threads).

Maybe you should stay clear of the United Superthread going forward, or consider changing your posting style, as both seem to draw out comments that are likely to result in further mod action.

Anyway as I suspect you've already concluded I'm upholding the yellow card and resultant ban here

• Advertisement

You accept you were wrong to post that in the Superthread but still criticise mods for acting against you.
    I didn't, I said "my bad", I thought I was in the match thread so I accept the ban for my error in that regard but I don't accept it should also have resulted in the same ban (as you asserted) if I was in fact posting in the match thread.

I note you didn't address the question I asked about posting in the superthread against the rules of same or is the decision to ignore such posting indefensible?

I am not going to discuss the way in which the rules are applied to other situations here. This thread is to deal with your own card (and resultant ban) and nothing else. You can report posts that you think contravene forum rules once your ban is up

I am not going to discuss the way in which the rules are applied to other situations here.

No worries, I don't blame you ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement