Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Courteeners. The Academy, December 7th.

Options
  • 23-10-2016 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Anybody else heading to this?

Sometimes convinced I'm the only Courteeners fan in Ireland. They don't seem to have much of a fanbase here in Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Anybody else heading to this?

Sometimes convinced I'm the only Courteeners fan in Ireland. They don't seem to have much of a fanbase here in Ireland.

Thinking bout going meself if I can get off work. Cracking band

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Thompsonn93

Heading by myself at the moment (None of my mates are into them) so wouldnt mind a few people for it if anybody from here is going.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭A Happy Death

Saw em in Whelans in 2008 around the time St Jude came out and they were brilliant

Will defo head to this

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bohemian_Soul

I know how you feel T93, they never seemed to gain any traction this side of the pond for some reason.
    I am going to both the Dublin and Belfast gigs and looking forward to the old trafford CC gig next may.
    They are far and away the best live band i have seen and trust me i have seen most in that sphere/genre.
    In a way i am happy they have not hit the heights because it makes it more personal.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭glencurtis252

been dying for these to be announced for here.. cracking band

• Advertisement

Glad to hear theres a few others going. As I said I'll be a billy-no-mates so if anyone fancies a few beers beforehand and heading in together, let me know!

Yeah Bohemian_Soul you're right there. It definitely does have its advantages as it will be quite an intimate gig. I think Liam is extremely talented and deserves to be in the same bracket as the likes of Ian Brown, Gallaghers etc. His song-writing is incredible.

Haven't got a ticket for Manchester yet but am considering it.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Great band. This will be my first time seeing them do a headline show, I saw them supporting The Libertines last year and The Stone Roses this year. Also heading by myself!

**** it. Think I'll buy a ticket

you will not be disappointed ;)

Have we all listened to Mapping The Rendezvous today?

• Advertisement

Have we all listened to Mapping The Rendezvous today?

Had a quick listen on the way to work not bad so far. Got me ticket last night. Can't wait. Academy is a great venue

I have listened to it about 4/5 times now and love it. Notable mentions for De La Salle, Modern Love and Tip Toes for me.

It is always difficult for a band after a few albums to develop something different and the sound of this album is certainly different from what they have done previously. It looks like Liam's time spent in Paris has had an influence.

Some of these tunes mixed with the fans favourites will make for a decent tour set list, looking forward to the gig more now

And the cantona reference on finest hour gets a thumbs up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

how are these so big in england and so small in dublin crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

but1er wrote: »
    how are these so big in england and so small in dublin crazy

They are only big in Manchester. Similar to an Aslan only relatively popular in their hometown and rightfully so

Just watched the live heaton park gig that came with mapping the rendezvous.. the gig can't come quick enough now after watching that!!

Yeah, it is was magic and helped by the weather....I reckon next May will surpass it with the other acts supporting

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Jimmy Rabbitte Snr

Cracking album, cracking band and for 25 quid in a small venue how could you not go!!

Good to hear theres a few from here going.

Did anybody listen to Liam on XFM last Thursday evening talking through the album? Absolutely brilliant.

I seen you were going on your own.. just me and a lad from work heading in for a few pints beforehand.. your more than welcome to meet up..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

The supported the Libertines last year and were pretty good

St Jude is a great album, but havent listened to their new stuff

Did anybody listen to Liam on XFM last Thursday evening talking through the album? Absolutely brilliant.

John Kennedy's album playback. Great series available on iTunes podcasts for anyone who hasn't heard of it. Didn't hear the Courteeners one last week but am looking forward to it being put up on the podcast list. You get great insight into the albums direct from the bands.

R.F. wrote: »
    The supported the Libertines last year and were pretty good

St Jude is a great album, but havent listened to their new stuff

One of my favourite albums. Concrete Love wasn't the best if I'm honest bar a couple of songs, but my immediate impression of this one is good, a return to form.

I seen you were going on your own.. just me and a lad from work heading in for a few pints beforehand.. your more than welcome to meet up..

Cheers Glen mate, I probably will!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Elite IRL

Can't wait for this! Went to the Libertines last year but unfortunately had to miss them so have been dying to see them live. New album is great as well, my favourite would have to be Tip Toes or Modern Love. Quick question, me and the lad I'm going with are planning to head to Whelans after. We only went there once for a gig and once as a nightclub. Neither time could we find a cloakroom, do they just not have one or are we not looking in the right places?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

How much for a pint in the Academy?

Does anybody know if the balcony area of the Academy is still in use??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Elite IRL wrote: »
    Can't wait for this! Went to the Libertines last year but unfortunately had to miss them so have been dying to see them live. New album is great as well, my favourite would have to be Tip Toes or Modern Love. Quick question, me and the lad I'm going with are planning to head to Whelans after. We only went there once for a gig and once as a nightclub. Neither time could we find a cloakroom, do they just not have one or are we not looking in the right places?

I think they occasionally have a cloakroom downstairs in the main venue (where their gigs are held). If you're facing the sound desk it's just to the right of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

Easy Rod wrote: »
    I think they occasionally have a cloakroom downstairs in the main venue (where their gigs are held). If you're facing the sound desk it's just to the right of it.

Correct....side stage right....little small thing, and a bit of a nightmare collecting after a gig but dead handy nonetheless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

buzzing for this now......saw them in the Echo in Liverpool a fortnight ago......first time seeing them headline my own town, so will be interesting to see if the crowd can keep up with the manc crowd of knowing everything.

in the words of Mr Fray, "see yer down the front"

God bless the band.

Advertisement