Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat missing from Headford Road

Options
  • 23-10-2016 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all,

our much loved pet cat is missing from Baile an Choiste, Headford Road/Castlegar area. I can't post pics as a new user but will PM them to anyone who requests. He's a big, long-haired, black and white cat (white chest and stomach with a black back, ears, and tail), missing since October 5th. No collar but he is microchipped.

Please check your back gardens and sheds, and contact me with any info or sightings. Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

you can send me a PM with the pictures and i'll post if you wish.

Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

Hi op. Is he still missing? If so can you PM me a picture? Think I might have seen him earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Don't want to be the bearer of bad news here... it may not be your cat hopefully.

There was dead cat this morning on the Headford Road just past Ballindooley stores. Heading towards Headford, pass the stores and down the small hill toward the Curraghline, there is a road to the left and right. The cat is just there on the right hand side of the road.

Its a black and white cat and as far as I can tell only appeared in the last day or so.

Hope it is not yours OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Oh, that's a sober twist I hope it's not yours OP. The other problem after being hit by a car is cats often use their remaining strength to pull themselves off the road and hide in bushes, etc so you have to really explore the roads in your area.

Our cat went missing a year ago and we went through all this. To make it worse, he had just lost his collar that morning (was chipped). Three days after posting signs everywhere he miraculously turned up. Our guess was someone saw him without a collar and took him in, possibly keeping him indoors. We think they saw the signs and realised their mistake and let him go again. Point is, make sure to post signs with pics far and wide (adjoining neighbourhoods, church, shops).

Best of luck OP and be sure to post updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

OP registered two weeks ago and posted three times about the missing cat, along with posts on many other sites.
    Since then no updates anywhere so either cat was found (I hope) or OP just posted in many places and might have forgotten to update us.

This is a pic of the cat
    14724530_10209383644179880_8841922204392530602_n.jpg?oh=e30229945a7aa1b14ad7f5e33b168711&oe=58957004

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

Hmm, hes not the one I saw so. Hope Marlo's alright though

• Registered Users Posts: 8 FindMarlo

Thanks so much everyone for your messages, I really appreciate it and it's heartening to see. I didn't receive any email notifications so it slipped my mind to check back. Unfortunately it's not looking good, as it's been over a month now. Fozzie_Bear, I do wonder if that was him.. We had the feeling he probably headed in that direction, as if he had gone toward other estates I think he would have been spotted or found by now. Unfortunately since I'm only seeing this today, it's probably not a good idea to go check because it would be too upsetting if it is him. It does provide some possible closure though so thank you. Thanks biko for posting the pic for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Have you contacted galway cat rescue?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Was it an inside cat or one allowed to wander?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

You mean it could have wandered off? Possible I suppose, even more if it was an indoor cat as it might be lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 FindMarlo

@Zapperzy Yes, we contacted Galway Cat Rescue along with others.
    @JJayoo He was an indoor-outdoor cat, though we kept him in at night. I didn't get the impression he roamed that far before, he'd normally stay close.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

So no luck after all this time? If so sorry for your loss, that really sucks.

http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

Advertisement